Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:11 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
This nonprofit would equalize this difference, thus making the whole labor market more competitive. Will it affect some white people adversely? Yes, because there will be more competition in college admissions, vocational, and prep schools when these blacks and Hispanics gain the same access of educational resources as their white counterparts.
So, OP, are you proposing ending affirmative action, since your new program will make affirmative action outmoded and unnecessary?

Old 04-19-2015, 10:22 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,131,035 times
Oh, I'm sorry. You're one of those true believers who profess to believe "funding" is the problem, yet you want to explicitly target areas on a racial basis. You are a textbook racist.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:32 AM

371 posts, read 426,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
So, OP, are you proposing ending affirmative action, since your new program will make affirmative action outmoded and unnecessary?
Affirmative Action is already rid of in california colleges per proposition, I think, 29. However, President Johnson said in his clause for Afirmative Action to exist until all things are equal in hiring, housing, ect. We have a looooooooong way to go. America's police force 95%+ white, blacks doctors 4% (stagnant since 1930, I wonder why, discrimination), lawyers, almost every job in corporate america is overwhelmingly white. Afirmative Action will probably exist well into the 2100's because if you look at job statistics by race, all the good jobs are mostly white people, and we all know that this is not a coincidence. All of the top 100 neighborhoods in the US are more than 99% white, there's like 2 in that list that are mostly hispanic outof miami, 3-4 asian in CA, no black of course.

Last edited by diallomacedo; 04-19-2015 at 10:59 AM..

Old 04-19-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. You're one of those true believers who profess to believe "funding" is the problem, yet you want to explicitly target areas on a racial basis. You are a textbook racist.
Stop acting like race doesn't exist. Noticing that these people are richer and they are passing policies in their favor isn't racist. Look at statistics and tell me that funding is not the problem. All human beings are the exact same. There is not one that is different than the other. If opium is injected in your community poverty will rise. If you community is given privlages and access to resources wealth will rise. It doesn't matter about "attributions" "culture" "work ethic". Each group of people have their hard workers and their idle ones, in the exact same percentage. People are people, and people respond to policy changes. Change comes from policy. That's why people protest, to change policy. I have statistics and historical circumestances to back all of my claims up. Do you want to know why black single mothership is a problem of these past few decades? See the image below. Point is that everything happens for a reason. It is cause and effect.

http://blackdemographics.com/wp-cont...d-Marriage.jpg

Last edited by diallomacedo; 04-19-2015 at 11:17 AM..

Old 04-19-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Please cite one recent example of this.
Better yet. I have an article. See below:

https://prospect.org/article/rising-...i-black-racism

Also, anti-black propaganda is everywhere. on the news, when a black guy commits a crime they say black male, when he's white they say his name...what's up with that. Katy perrys appropraition of black culture in the video where she has cornrolls and is eating watermelon can be seen as anti-black. World star hip hop is negative black propaganda. It's funny because msot of these people don't even know a black criminal first hand, they just hear about them.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:59 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
I would like to start a nonprofit with this goal in mind for a number of reasons. Firstly, increase the competition in the labor market by giving all students of color an equal playing field from kindergarten by giving them the same educational resources that are currently available in majority white neighborhood school districts, ie. Potomac, MD or Newport, CA. Secondly, to fight anti-minority media propaganda by giving the majority citizens some real life experiences with people of color.

Also, I'd like to see the baby boomers and generation x's reaction to these people moving into their neighborhoods at high rates while getting the same education as their heirs haha.

How do you feel about this city-data?
No.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
What about the Asians? Do they get to sponge off your nonprofit too? Oh, wait, they don't need to; they have something called a "work ethic."
Asians are a different circumstance, and no it does not have anything to do with "work ethic", all humans are the same. Asians are only 4% of the US population, and the ones that were here from mulitple generations Do Have Gangs And Other "achievement" problems. The ones that comes from other countries are generally educated and rise up easily in society (sometimes, they are still barred by discrimination as wel, see article below)

#AAPI face highest chronic unemployment rate: Why we should be against cuts to long-term benefits | Reappropriate

Old 04-19-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No.
New Jersey is first, you all have 55 registered KKK groups in your state, I'd love to see how this'd pan out.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Asians and Jews are not considered minorities according to Latinos and Blacks they are too successful.
Jewish people are white. They've been white since the 40's according to the US Census, and they created black face. They used black people as a crutch to get ahead in Amer. society.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:16 AM

781 posts, read 736,838 times
Quote:
Why don't you want the live around black people? It's the least you could do per your ancestors wrongdoing.
I'm not responsible for my ancestors' wrongdoing. Hence the words "ancestors'" and "wrongdoing", i.e. actions chosen and committed by them not me.

Hell I'm not even responsible for the actions of my living relatives, much less some bonehead in a powdered wig that may or may not have been my ancestor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.