Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:36 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,714,004 times

Advertisements

North Dakota
South Dakota
Wyoming
Nebraska
Kansas
Colorado
Oklahoma
Utah
Arizona
Probably the South in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 10:10 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,288,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Actually a lot of people in TX hate bush
This is true, I like him, to some degree... SoCal is actually more conservative then Liberal. Its like a mid ground, the Bay Area is the real heart of California Liberalness...
Texas is actually getting more mild, and is getting accused of not being conservative enough. everyone who is drop dead conservative claims that DFW, Houston, El Paso, Austin, and whatnot are as bad as Southern California, which is true to a CERTAIN extent... I see more of California in Texas each day...

Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 PM

809 posts, read 2,409,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
I see more of California in Texas each day...
Except the weather

Old 02-20-2008, 10:30 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,561,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Wisconsin outside of the college towns.

Ohio.

Montana.
Note, though, the fact that most cities of any size in Wis. have a college in them. Milwaukee, Madison, Beloit, LaCrosse, Eau Claire, et. al. That is half the state just there.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:40 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
p.s.. i'm not liberal, i'm a conservative democrat who happens to like BOTH obama AND hillary!
Well, you're not very conservative at all then, are you?

Liberals should stay away from Idaho. We like our taxes low and our government small. The state offers almost no social programs, and I'm cool with that.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:50 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
In my state of Alabama you will find a few liberals in the cities, but hardly none outside of the cities. Many people here hate Bush, but they hate liberals even more.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:09 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,165,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
Well, you're not very conservative at all then, are you?

Liberals should stay away from Idaho. We like our taxes low and our government small. The state offers almost no social programs, and I'm cool with that.
I never understood how some people will move out a state like California to get away from all the problems there then try to turn a place like Idaho or Montana into the same situation they complain about and left behind. The residents who have been there all their lives are then screwed since they will now have to pay for things they don't want or need. Why don't they just leave well enough alone

Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
I never understood how some people will move out a state like California to get away from all the problems there then try to turn a place like Idaho or Montana into the same situation they complain about and left behind. The residents who have been there all their lives are then screwed since they will now have to pay for things they don't want or need. Why don't they just leave well enough alone
Some move here and really enjoy the conservatism. Others don't know what their getting into and they move back to California with in a year.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:45 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Utah, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, Colorado

Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,475,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Many people here hate Bush, but they hate liberals even more.
LOL that's the truth.

Bush is way too fiscally liberal for many people.

I believe there is a direct correlation between corn-growing and liberal-hating. The best places for liberals to live is where corn doesn't grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.