Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 12:54 AM

13 posts, read 14,112 times

Advertisements

Minneapolis: "great spirit". IS THAT TRULY "STRICT" on RULE about not going to ones OWN TOWN. NO EXCEPTIONS (BECAUSE) I see a -divide- on that sentimental statements ("that NEVER END") against -Otherwise- PURE FACTUAL. I live in New britain, CT "Bragging" they have -perfect bragging rights- STANLEY TOOLS IS UNIQUELY WORLD HQT., -THERE- [I am from 15 CITES, "give me a BREAK.." on this one!]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 01:32 PM

690 posts, read 1,006,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I live in Greenville, NC so I will say Baltimore, MD instead...

-The worlds tallest pentagon shaped building (As long as Dubai doesn't do anything about it lol)
-Home to one of the worlds greatest hospitals (John Hopkins)
-We have set a new standard for baseball stadiums across the nation, because of the Oriels stadium (almost every new stadium in the nation is said to use it's retro design)
-The social security administration is head quartered there.
-We have the 1st Washington Monument (mostly everybody thinks that D.C.'s was built before ours)
-The star spangled banner was written there
-We use to be the 2nd leading city for immigrants coming to the united states (only behind NYC's Ellis Island even though it's really in NJ)
-We have to lead the nation in the amount of row houses
-Our aquarium may not be the largest but it is ranked the best.
-Our medical knowledge is easily one of the worlds highest.
-It is the 1st city that is called the "north" along I-95 when your going north bound
-We have the oldest all-girls school in the nation
-We had the largest high-school in the east coast (But corruption came and now it's small, the capacity is over 4,500)
-We have some of the best marble steps (walk around the city, people will be sweeping there steps)
-They are extremely known for there crabs and seafood...
-We are the Lacrosse playing city of the nation
-Babe Ruth one of the greatest baseball players of all time was born and lived there (the only baseball player with his name on candy)
-The Lexington Market is the largest running market in the world (its been open since the late 1700's)
-The shot tower was the tallest building in the us from 1828 to 1846
-We maybe the most unknown film market (what I mean by that is we have a lot of movies that have been made here but people didn't know they were made here)
-The Baltimore zoo is the 3rd oldest in the nation
-Druid Hill park is the nations 2nd or 3rd oldest park (Central Park opened the same year, but Philly has the oldest)
-Peabody Library is one of the oldest in the nation and is called one of the nations most beautiful libraries
-University of Maryland Baltimore was the 1st dental school in the world
-We basically created the "chicken box"!!! LOL
-We were the 2nd city in the nation to hit 100,000 (NYC was 1st of course)
-We have the person with the most olympic metals on the world (born, and lives here, but everyone knows what happened, so he may have messed up his career [Michael Phelps]
-one of George Bush's daughter lives in Fells Point part of Baltimore, along with Michael Phelps (I'm a President Barack Obama supporter)
-Fort McHenry Tunnel is the worlds widest tunnel built in the immeresed tube method
-We are known for "Baltimore Club Music"
-and there is plenty more...

And under armour headquarters, and great architecture.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:18 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,968 times
I feel like Miami gets negative feedback on these boards a lot of the time due to the crime and humidity, so I will do that.

Miami:

- Great Beaches
- Warm year round
- Close to the Everglades
- Beautiful skyline
- Blue ocean
- Latin/Cuban culture
- Great nightlife
- A lot of interesting architecture

Old 05-02-2014, 05:16 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
New York is the biggest and the baddest of them all, and thus *sometimes*, the most annoying.

They don't quite seem to understand that many cities don't care that New Yorkers think other cities pale in comparison, or everything west of Jersey is "hicksville". It's kinda funny sometimes.

*That being said, as far as bragging rights, they've got the biggest and the baddest subway system of all time, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Lincoln Tunnel, and the Greatest skyscraper *ever* built, the Chrysler Building!

*New York's biggest bragging right is that it was the *first* to do many things, as far as infrastructure, in North America
(bridges, tunnels, etc.).

*San Francisco has the Golden Gate Bridge, hilly terrain that doesn't exist anywhere else, and a relatively cool (but increasingly snooty) vibe.

*Toronto has the CN Tower, and imho, the *coolest* vibes of any city in North America.

*Chicago has the awesome skyline (Sears Tower, John Hancock Building), Lake Michigan (beautiful), and it's own distinct food/foodie culture.

*Philly has that *INCREDIBLE* City Hall, the Liberty Bell, and also it's own distinct food/foodie culture. God bless the saintly man who invented the Cheesesteak (Sharp Provolone for me, no Wiz!)
The subject of the thread states American cities. Toronto is not an American city.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENN24 View Post
NYC(and area)-most fortune 500 companies and wealthiest city
NYC is not the wealthiest city

Old 05-02-2014, 05:23 AM

No one said Boston???

-great lobstuhs
-Cheers! Bar
-clean city & friendly people
-beautiful architecture
-rich in history
-clean, simple subway system
-MA is one of the most educated states in the country
-home to many prestigious universities - ie. Boston University & Harvard (which I realize is in Cambridge but close enough)
-awesome aquarium

Old 05-02-2014, 07:32 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
The subject of the thread states American cities. Toronto is not an American city.
Every city in the American continents is technically an American city.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:22 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,883,210 times
Colorado Springs:
*Home to Pikes Peak, "America's Mountain".
*Home to the United State Air Force Academy.
*At an official elevation of 6035 feet, the highest large US city.

At least I came up with 3!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.