Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 03:09 PM

707 posts, read 750,278 times

Advertisements

I'd take the blowing sand and searing heat of my desert home over the threat of hurricanes, tornadoes, and blizzards, any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 04:26 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Many people have weak emotional and/or constitutional strength and can only survive in hot, sunny weather. Do you think weakness makes them stupid? Of course not. Just because someone is emotionally or physically feeble does not make them stupid.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Many people have weak emotional and/or constitutional strength and can only survive in hot, sunny weather. Do you think weakness makes them stupid? Of course not. Just because someone is emotionally or physically feeble does not make them stupid.
Do you mean like asthmatics and people with TB?

Old 03-21-2017, 06:25 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Out of curiosity what about the people who can't live in hot or humid climates? Are they too weak, too to take the heat and humidity?

Old 03-21-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Out of curiosity what about the people who can't live in hot or humid climates? Are they too weak, too to take the heat and humidity?
I'd imagine they would be weak to the heat the same way I'm weak to the cold if I were to go up north.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:45 AM

152 posts, read 99,274 times
It's not stupid. In fact, having moved back home to New England after college in Maryland, I am gearing up to pack up and move back down to that area, weather being one factor. Winter lasts way too long here, and though I enjoy snow, in Maryland/Virginia it melts within a day or two, here it doesn't have a chance to melt before it snows again and then it gets all brown and disgusting. Weather is not the only reason I am planning to move there, I've always liked it there and it's a decent area to find a teaching job. My parents want to move to Georgia which is too hot for me, but the MD/VA area is at least centrally located, which is nice since I have family up and down the Eastern Seaboard.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:36 AM

631 posts, read 1,093,860 times
Indy is a nice enough city, that operates in the middle. If this city was in sunny Florida near the ocean, I could tolerate it more. The weather here is sooo blaaaahhh! Three months of good, sunny weather, the rest is basically dreary and cloudy. Although it doesn't get EXTREMELY cold for very long, and we don't get much snow, it can get depressing sometime.

All that said, I will be moving to sunny Georgia in the years to come.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:43 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Ultimately, humans prefer to not be freezing most of the year. In the future we are going to see the Great Lakes region becoming depopulated.
People don't mind being cold. If they did, the biggest cities in the world would cease to exist. Lame statement.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrob View Post
Indy is a nice enough city, that operates in the middle. If this city was in sunny Florida near the ocean, I could tolerate it more. The weather here is sooo blaaaahhh! Three months of good, sunny weather, the rest is basically dreary and cloudy. Although it doesn't get EXTREMELY cold for very long, and we don't get much snow, it can get depressing sometime.

All that said, I will be moving to sunny Georgia in the years to come.
GA averages about 10% more sun than Indy. Hardly what I call a big improvement. Its a very minor improvement at best.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:02 AM

631 posts, read 1,093,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
GA averages about 10% more sun than Indy. Hardly what I call a big improvement. Its a very minor improvement at best.
If that's days with majority sunshine, then that's 3 more sunny days per month. That makes a difference. I lived in Stone Mountain for 6 years, and the weather overall, is MUCH better (for me). The warmth and sun lasts quite longer throughout the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.