Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is TX the best state of USA ?
YES 57 28.36%
NO 144 71.64%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 02:49 PM

23 posts, read 39,431 times

Advertisements

If "jingoism " = to be a passionate advocate of freedom & values,then ...we should all be " jingoistic "...
It is an interesting poll because it asks people to try to be objective...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 02:58 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Default Is TX The Best State? Here's Your Answer

I think there won't be much of a contest here.

And yes, it is.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:04 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times
I'd rather live somewhere where people are proud of their land and history instead of some apologetic place that could care less about anything. Texas has it's problems but they aren't serious enough to chase me out. I've lived other places so I'm not ignorant. But along the same vein, Coloradans are very proud of their history as are people in Montana and Wyoming. I'd also say people in Louisiana as well. Is anyone calling THEM Jingoistic?

Old 07-08-2008, 04:50 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Just because a state has the most jingoistic residents doesn't make it the best. It's making up for deficiencies, IMHO.
OR...on the flip side, perhaps those who seem to get most irritated at this "jingoism" (an extremely subjective term in this regard) as concerns Texans and how we feel about our state are just plain jealous, reckon?

It is very telling to me that Texans don't generally make a point to ridicule or give a fiddler's damn about how residents of other states feel about theirs.

Maybe it boils down to that we are just secure in our own identity and proud as hell of it And that it is those who try to put us down for it are just a bit envious.

God Bless Texas. And if that sentiment makes me jingoistic, then where can I buy a T-Shirt or Gimme Cap that proudly proclaims it...?

Old 07-08-2008, 05:25 PM

389 posts, read 1,656,624 times
Having Lived in Texas born and raised can't wait to get back one day,yes I'm biased!!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:48 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
First off.. EWWWWW..

Second.. Move your happy butt to El Paso TX, and buy a house.. then when your property tax bill comes in.. tell me we don't.

Well I was just being sarcastic.

Also I already bought a house in Houston... 3% of $200k every year does not go unnoticed!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:17 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Well I was just being sarcastic.

Also I already bought a house in Houston... 3% of $200k every year does not go unnoticed!!!
Property Tax Rate: / $20.63 / $21.44 / $13.28

Yeah.. First number is Houston, Second is El Paso, Last is the US Average.

That is what a person pays per $1000 of assessed value.

As an Example..

If your home is 250,000 dollars, and you pay 20.63 per 1000 ( 20.63x[250,000/1000]) You will pay $5157.50 a year in Property Tax.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:24 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
God Bless Texas. And if that sentiment makes me jingoistic, then where can I buy a T-Shirt or Gimme Cap that proudly proclaims it...?
I have one.. I'll go get you one. Mine matches my truck.. my son got it for me.. to replace one my dog ate.. grrrrr.

Or do you like this one more?

I used to believe Texas was perfect... then I found out that we had the Dallas Cowboys.. so I guess we are not perfect, but were damn close.. hahaha

Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 PM

283 posts, read 1,281,750 times
Best state for what? Who's idea was it to ask such a stupid question? Texas is best for some things. Rhode island is best for other things. Wyoming is best for still other things. No one state is best for all things.

So, whoever was DUMB enough to ask such a stupid question should be kicked in his a** all the way from Port Arthur to Childress. Quit wasting our time reading this nonsense. Ask you mother if she has something you can do. Get a life. Grow up. Get a job. Go jump off a cliff. Just get out of our lives and be done with. You're not only useless, you're an insult to the human race. Obviously, you're not even of that race.

So, go be some place else forever.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:43 PM

415 posts, read 506,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastender67 View Post
Best state for what? Who's idea was it to ask such a stupid question? Texas is best for some things. Rhode island is best for other things. Wyoming is best for still other things. No one state is best for all things.

So, whoever was DUMB enough to ask such a stupid question should be kicked in his a** all the way from Port Arthur to Childress. Quit wasting our time reading this nonsense. Ask you mother if she has something you can do. Get a life. Grow up. Get a job. Go jump off a cliff. Just get out of our lives and be done with. You're not only useless, you're an insult to the human race. Obviously, you're not even of that race.

So, go be some place else forever.
Did someone spit in your dinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.