Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 09:31 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,819,011 times

Advertisements

I can't stand the heat. It's been getting into the 90s here and I feel like I'm DYING in that weather. Soon it will be in the 100s

Phoenix, my hometown, is OK except for some memories that kind of make me biased. I actually would rather be in Tucson, where I'm currently going to school, but the weather just sucks to me. I like the weather in Flagstaff (summer highs in the 70s, was nice and cold during the winter) except I think Flagstaff snows a little bit too much (it snowed a couple days ago...) and the town itself kind of sucks. If Phoenix was placed in Flagstaff's area, that would have been so much better. I love being in the forest. Not that I can't stand the brown, but I love forests too much.

I like the West, though. Looking almost directly Northward, slightly East, or slightly West. I think I would prefer Portland over Seattle but I like the idea of both, and Denver looks appealing. Those are really my only three options for a big city on this side of the country. SF could be an option, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 10:30 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubLR View Post
I
I see countless threads on here with people talking about how great their cities are, but I was wondering how many people here live somewhere they don't really like but are stuck due to life circumstances. I see all these threads about young college grads moving to their dream city, but not everybody has the ability to pack up and move across the country even if they want to.
Yeah, I'm stuck in Naples Florida, and I hate it here. There's nothing to do but go to bars or go out and buy stuff you don't need. You can go fishing on the beach, if you get there early enough, but after 7:30 all the parking is taken. It's a town geared for rich people and tourists. If I could I'd move back to the Sierras. I so loved it there.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:54 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,520,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
I can't stand the heat. It's been getting into the 90s here and I feel like I'm DYING in that weather. Soon it will be in the 100s

Phoenix, my hometown, is OK except for some memories that kind of make me biased. I actually would rather be in Tucson, where I'm currently going to school, but the weather just sucks to me. I like the weather in Flagstaff (summer highs in the 70s, was nice and cold during the winter) except I think Flagstaff snows a little bit too much (it snowed a couple days ago...) and the town itself kind of sucks. If Phoenix was placed in Flagstaff's area, that would have been so much better. I love being in the forest. Not that I can't stand the brown, but I love forests too much.

I like the West, though. Looking almost directly Northward, slightly East, or slightly West. I think I would prefer Portland over Seattle but I like the idea of both, and Denver looks appealing. Those are really my only three options for a big city on this side of the country. SF could be an option, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much.
Every single last one of my friends from high school have all moved out of Tucson. Most are in San Fran, LA, Seattle, Austin, and Chicago but we're really scattered everywhere. It's amazing how the city was able to retain no one.

So, when are you leaving?

Old 05-11-2014, 12:57 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,101,083 times
In Houston and don't care for it too much. Preferably I'd wanna be back in southern ca but looking at Phoenix as a possible option or the hill country hopefully within the next 1-2 years.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:56 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,327,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Life is too short not to love where you live.

Now if you're living somewhere just to get something done as a stepping stone, that's great. But you should love where you live.

I agree. I love Lafayette soooooooooo much. I cant think of a place Id rather be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.