Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:40 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,529,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesRules View Post
Lol...this "Boswash" thing exists only in people who have inferiority complexes and cant just represent their own state

NYC people could care less about someone from boston...DC people don't live the same lifestyle as someone from Patterson NJ

it simply doesnt exist
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 03:25 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Jacob,

You missed the point entirely!

You leave DC and 40 minutes later you are in Baltimore: An hour and 20 minutes later you are in Philly: Two hours later you are in New York and so on.
Big deal. Milwaukee is located 60 minutes from Madison and 80 minutes from Chicago. What's your point?

Old 04-19-2009, 04:08 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,153,795 times
Madison and Milwaukee versus Baltimore and Philly. LMAO. Very different type of urbanity. That's why it's called a MEGALOPOLIS!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:15 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
DC people might just be worse than NYers. Atleast NYers will admit they are part of america, and acknowledge the rest of us.
I'm confused. What exactly do you mean by this? Washingtonians acknowledge the same thing.
Oh and it's laughable how people want to compare mid sized metro areas that are close to each other to four CSA metros that have over at least 6 million people in each of them.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:49 PM

504 posts, read 615,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post
Yet they never seem to get there.
We do get "there" it is just that when we get "there" we see somewhere else we want to go.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:53 PM

504 posts, read 615,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideMKE View Post
I disagree with this statement. I live in Milwaukee and I can get to the cities of Minneapolis, Madison, St. Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis, Ann Arbor, Detroit, Cincinnati, and Cleveland within 6 hours or less.

People who live in LA can get to the cities of San Diego, Tijuana, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Las Vegas, and the San Francisco Bay Area in less than 6 hours as well.

The South is the same way, Atlanta is within 6 hours of Charlotte, Nashville, Birmingham, Memphis, Columbia, Charleston, and Savannah.
A 6 hour drive to get somewhere is considered to be a longer trip to get to a city in the Northeast and everything really is very close epecially to have that many large and influential cities that close together. The cities you listed are not as influential as DC, NYC, Philly, and Boston.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:22 PM

456 posts, read 832,962 times
Northeast megapolis is basically the heart of America. Rest of the country is secondary.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:06 PM

398 posts, read 750,828 times
Just another region? I have no relations to it so it means relatively nothing to me. I've spent more time in other countries than I have that area. If I had to pick 10 favorite states I would do Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Texas, Louisiana, Hawaii and Florida.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:42 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2va76 View Post
I think that is one of the things I miss about living within that corridor. From New York you can take a day trip to Philly, Boston, Connecticut, Atlantic city and they were all within a 4 hour ride.
dc is 4 hours from nyc. i see dc2nyc buses every single day all over 66, the beltway, and 95. there are even double decker buses like megabus every day, plus acela and all the other companies at our services. no other region has the number of options we do here to travel between all of these great cities, between the two most powerful cities in the world as well as the education capital of the world, medical capital, and the birthplace of america.

www.dc2ny.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/wOJlv...poHidyxaJyqznA

The Out Traveler G.P.S.*: $1 Intercity MegaBus Travel

http://www.prospect.eu/projects/amtrak

Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideMKE View Post
Big deal. Milwaukee is located 60 minutes from Madison and 80 minutes from Chicago. What's your point?
please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.