Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times

Advertisements

If someone mentions Atlanta, which gets just as much snow as Portland and is less liberal, then Portland would be your best bet. Forget Houston, Austin, etc. You're coming from the most liberal area of the country--they're anything but. Like I said, moderate at best. Stay on the west coast somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 09:29 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,370,188 times
^There are zero jobs in Porltand (look it up), and the OP stated NO snow or cold weather. Bad advice all around. The OP also never stated what part of California they live in, which is hardly liberal in all areas of the State. Orange County, anyone?

Moderator cut: see comment

Good luck, wherever you end up.

Last edited by Bo; 05-09-2010 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: It's not your role to discredit other members' opinions in a relocation thread. The OP can sort out opinions himself/herself.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Best advice is not to get into political discussions in Floirida if you are Liberal.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:11 AM
HOV HOV started this thread

15 posts, read 137,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Austin, Texas
thanks, but the perception Californians have of Texas makes me never want to go there lol. my impression of that state is just a lot of rednecks carrying guns and it's just really crazy. i could be totally wrong, but that's just the way most Californians think of Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Leave out any place in the south if you want liberal. Liberal doesnt usually equal warm weather. I guess Miami might be the best option anywhere in the south, but I'd possibly go for Portland or Seattle (even though they're not really warm year-round, but still warmer than a lot of the country).
well, a liberal city isn't everything to me. i mean, it would be nice, but i could manage in a conservative city.

my intentions are to go to business school wherever it is i move to, and live there just for a few years while i'm in school to see if i like it there. it's not like i'm gonna be stuck wherever i go for the next ten plus years. it's just kind of an experimental thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
^There are zero jobs in Porltand (look it up), and the OP stated NO snow or cold weather. Bad advice all around. The OP also never stated what part of California they live in, which is hardly liberal in all areas of the State. Orange County, anyone?

Moderator cut: see comment

Good luck, wherever you end up.
thanks, dude. i've really appreciated your advice in this thread.

i live in Redlands. it's a small town in SoCal near San Bernardino. basically, it's like fifty miles south of Los Angeles lol.

thanks again for the advice.

Last edited by Bo; 05-09-2010 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: updated quote to match original

Old 05-07-2010, 11:25 AM

23 posts, read 25,847 times
Quote:
Well, Atlanta is in the South and there is no way, no how that you can call the City of Atlanta anything BUT liberal. Some people need to realize they don't always know of what they speak.

We do get snow though. Not every year, but sometimes a couple of inches here and there.

Also check out Houston, good job market.
Atlanta inner city is liberal. The big cities in the south aren't hardcore conservative. Those would be the places in rural locations.

I agree with your post, nice work Johnatl.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:40 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Phantom12 View Post
Atlanta inner city is liberal. The big cities in the south aren't hardcore conservative. Those would be the places in rural locations.

I agree with your post, nice work Johnatl.

yeah, inner city. Leave the downtown area, and it's very very conservative with bible thumpers.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM

23 posts, read 25,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
yeah, inner city. Leave the downtown area, and it's very very conservative with bible thumpers.
That is fine, I am fond of religious seminars anyways. I would love to see it for myself one day. I hope what you say is true, it would make a dream come true.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:46 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,212,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV View Post
thanks, but the perception Californians have of Texas makes me never want to go there lol. my impression of that state is just a lot of rednecks carrying guns and it's just really crazy. i could be totally wrong, but that's just the way most Californians think of Texas.
California is just a bunch of illegals, rich people, bimbo blondes, surfer dudes, hippies and gays. Am I doing this right?

Old 05-07-2010, 01:52 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,846,008 times
Quote:
Also check out Houston, good job market.
And is the largest US city with an openly gay mayor.
So, I suppose all of the gun-toting hicks magically stayed home from the polls that day. The dirty oil daddies that supposedly run the city must also be furious that the city is the largest municipal purchaser of green electricity in the US as well!

Or... could it be many outsiders just have the wrong idea?

Old 05-07-2010, 02:09 PM

93,402 posts, read 124,052,832 times
I'd say Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Miami could work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.