Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:48 PM

726 posts, read 2,819,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelo View Post
Yerocal, please stand up when you speak, your voice has to be muffled because you are definately speaking out of your rear end.

Dublin is 40 miles away? You are crazy...LOL.....Macon supports Dublin and Houston county? LOL...No, as I said, Dublin stands on its on......and the base supports Houston county.
There is no confusion...the bottom line is you are mentioning those very nice counties so Macon looks more attractive.....the sad thing is that Macon is such a crappy place, it actually only brings any other county mentioned in the same sentence with it down. And whether you like it or not, you Macon fans on here are a minority...which is why your mayors plans for annexation have failed miserably.
The only reason why the Mayor's annexation plans failed is because most are in favor of consolidation in stead of annexation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 02:44 PM

177 posts, read 221,676 times
I`m not trying to imply anything....Its written in plain English.

NOBODY WANTS TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH MACON....Period. Jones county doesnt want to be, Monroe county certainly doesnt want to be, and Houston doesnt want OR NEED to be....The closest I have come to Macon in a few years has been I 475, and I want for nothing.
Now just go ahead and start screaming "well everyone works here", which, while Macon may hold jobs for many, there are many more who do not. Thats like the guy who pumps sewers for a living...he may work there, but he doesnt want to live in one...LOL.

And Dublin is alot different from Macon. The Southside of Dublin is rough, but the rough element stays on Southside and the law enforcement there keeps things in check...even in Southside, it isnt anything like whats in Macon.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:41 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,971 times
This sounds like the same way Columbia County feels about being associated with Augusta...like the same way Barack OBama now feels about being associated with Rev Wright.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:45 PM

511 posts, read 2,477,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcolumbusga View Post
It's okay to have an opinion about the different cities as long as the discussion remains mature and sane. But don't let you have an opinion that differs from Disgustasucks or MayorofMacon and they will start with the namecalling and the bashing of other posters here.
I havent signed on in awhile because of my trip to Augusta for the second time since the Masters. I've read this entire thread and alot of things people are saying is interesting and for Macon not to compare to Augusta or Savannah it definately Macon alot of noise on this thread. Also the people who are comparing Macon and Athens in population the last I checked Macon was beating out Athens with well over 5-7000 people. Anywayz, I was disappointed to see the post quoted above most of all, since seeing the post i've gone back to check all of my post currently im on number 78 and don't plan on going any furtheras everyone can see I have well over 400 post, but what I want to say is that alot of people get offended by the truth, I never called out anyone to start with, somehow trouble found me. I dont know whether it was the fact that I annoyed some people by simply telling them what they didnt want to hear or they just had it out for me or Macon. However i'm very disappointed to see this post, and I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when you are wrong (like mrcolumbusga is) or my opinion differs from yours I will call it out and I dont really care who thinks what about me!

Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,178,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
This sounds like the same way Columbia County feels about being associated with Augusta...like the same way Barack OBama now feels about being associated with Rev Wright.

The leaders from Columbia, Richmond and burke Counties are always working together. They even recently formed an economic alliance together.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:13 AM

178 posts, read 499,660 times
People are getting petty now to attack cities.
In every metropolitan area, not just macon and augusta, people stay in the suburban counties because for some reason or another, they DIDNT want to be associated with the city enough to live inside of it.

They may not want to live around most of the people that actually stay IN the city, but they enjoy
the stores and entertainment there.

This applies all over the place.

If people hated these places as much as some of you are putting on, then they would just leave the area as a whole.

Last edited by brentyoung12; 05-08-2008 at 04:42 AM..

Old 05-08-2008, 04:38 AM

but to the subject at hand ....

In comparison to Columbus...... Augusta, Savannah and Macon have the greater interstate access, location, shopping malls, attractive DT skyline, etc.

Columbus apparently has the better leadership and more jobs coming to town than the others....but really lacks in feeling like truly bigger sized city

so which is going to happen first?

Will Columbus get better interstate access and start to get more compact, or will one of the other cities' leadership get more on the right track?

Last edited by brentyoung12; 05-08-2008 at 05:16 AM..

Old 05-08-2008, 11:23 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,178,200 times
Well I think Augusta and Savannah's leadership has already improved significantly. I can't speak for Macon as I haven't really followed their political leadership. As far as interstate access goes, Macon probably has the best right now, however the next two interstates that are actually the closest to getting built first if they should go through will be coming through Augusta, which will put them and Macon together as having the most interstates since one of those new ones will be going through Macon as well.

In my opinion I really don't see any of the metros doing anything that's of any significance above the other metros in the area. I think you will see about the same amount of growth in each metro. I know that Augusta, Macon and Savannah all have major projects going on. I haven't been to Columbus lately so I can't speak for them but I from what I've been reading here and on other places they have projects going on as well. I think it's easy to think your metro has a lot going on over the others since you live there and that's what you see. But we have to remember that growth is happening all over as shown by the population increases in each metro. I know Columbus had a decrease last year but they also had a significant increase the year before. I think with Columbus predicted to have a great job outlook in the next couple of years, you will see it becoming less dependent on Fort Benning, that way when those deployments happen they won't see a big loss in population because the family members will stay in town instead of going back home while their spouses are overseas. I predict healthy growth for all of the metros in the next few years.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:11 PM

177 posts, read 221,676 times
Why would I leave Houston county? The schools are great....its a great family town.....I just dont like Macon.....and I stay out of there.

Thats no reason to leave the area though....thats crazy.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:40 AM

Pretty Much anywhere can be a great family town, if you stay in the right area.
Any of these people who act like a place is completely hell or completely heaven, is pretty much full of it.

I prefer two sides to a story and the whole truth, rather than exaggerations to express how bad or nice somewhere is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia