Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 05:14 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
As a parent, and as a young woman who has been the victim of a sex crime, I absolutely agree with publicizing the locations of sex offenders. Because I should have a choice as to whether or not I live next door to one. And I wish they would be more vigilant in tracking them upon release. I also have very little if any faith at all that majority of those who commit violent sexual crimes against women and children can ever truly be fully rehabilitated. It makes me sick when they are let out only to re-offend again within three years or less (the average time for most violent sex offenders).
Depends on what you classify as "violent", I would suppose.

Most registrants as a group do not reoffend at all.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:17 PM

488 posts, read 412,752 times
Vicious rape toward adults, and those acts perpetrated... especially child molestations, should never be cases considered for release or even lifetime habitation rewards. Period. Ages of consent are another thing, but children pre-puberty as a baseline is a good start to be considered the foulest molestations.

Peeing in public is a silly way to penalize someone by calling those fully-bladdered sex offenders. Obviously, if done in front of many people it is an inappropriate context and may relate more to mental issues that should not be covered under 'sex offensiveness', but maybe from mere inelibriation or outright idiocy.

Sex crimes are the result of some new morality, championed by 'progressives' & 'conservatives' alike. Paranoia runs deep in an age where ethics & morality alter since there is no visibly defined territory for either idea.

Should the names & addresses be publicized? No. See the first sentence in my post. They shouldn't have any address anywhere save on a death certificate.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
Vicious rape, especially child molestations, should never be cases considered for release or even lifetime habitation rewards.
Do you realize that lots of things that correspond to the term legal definition of "child molestation" do not resemble "vicious rape" even approximately?

There is a man in California currently doing a 15-to-life sentence for sucking on boys' toes.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Do you realize that lots of things that correspond to the term legal definition of "child molestation" do not resemble "vicious rape" even approximately?

There is a man in California currently doing a 15-to-life sentence for sucking on boys' toes.
I think it is obvious what I mean by vicious rape.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Yet it isn't. Can you elaborate?

Old 11-01-2012, 06:43 PM

220 posts, read 453,876 times
Quote:
Is this anything like legitimate rape?

Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc chris View Post
Yes.

At the same time though, the scope of the sex offender registry needs to be narrowed down to the true threats: rapists, molesters, pedos and a few others. Not the drunk guy who peed on a dumpster in a back alley at 3am in public...
Yes, I agree. Many people do not realize that all sex offenders are not really sex offenders at all. For example if a 18 year old has sex with a willing 17 or 16 year girl they can be labelled as sex offender for the rest of their lives. They really should be more careful who they label as sex offenders

Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post

Yet it isn't. Can you elaborate?

How about more info on your toe sucker? And child rape is an example of vicious rape. You would know that if you ever encountered someone who was molested in their youth and suffered the consequences of having it happen. I'll assume your some libertine throwback who believes children or unconsenting adults ought to be happy someone wants to get 'busy' with them since "it's all good" no matter the question of willingness or of the mental understanding required to partake in something such as sex.

Vicious rape also pertains to adults violently attacked or coerced into sex. That actually does happen to people who aren't just looking for pity, loot or TV time, you know those 'manufactured' victims meant to sell books and therapy/pills and regulations.

Do you advocate that there is no such thing as rape and so no such thing as a sex offender? I do agree that the entire sex offender thing has become like a witch hunt, meant to create folders full of 'degenerates' that has little basis in fact and more about pre-occupying the minds of those morally despondent, another chunk of funds to be allocated toward "corrections/rehabilitations" and the health industrial complex's psychiatrics division.

Now, about your toe sucker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc chris View Post
Is this anything like legitimate rape?
Legitimate rape is actual rape, distinct from rape claims made for purposes of advancement or revenge or loot.

Go on, make your claims as to legitimacy concerning the two.

Last edited by TheEternalSanctuaryMan; 11-01-2012 at 09:14 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 11:41 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,244,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
As a parent, and as a young woman who has been the victim of a sex crime, I absolutely agree with publicizing the locations of sex offenders. Because I should have a choice as to whether or not I live next door to one. And I wish they would be more vigilant in tracking them upon release. I also have very little if any faith at all that majority of those who commit violent sexual crimes against women and children can ever truly be fully rehabilitated. It makes me sick when they are let out only to re-offend again within three years or less (the average time for most violent sex offenders).

As an aside: Drinking to the point of not being able to behave like a grown-up is a very asinine thing to do and is no excuse for public urination or any other type of repulsive, unsanitary, and deviant behavior.
So someone who has peed behind alleys and dumpsters should be put on the same sex offender list as someone who who rapes little children? Wow. That is beyond words judgemental! Shame on you!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a man peeing discretely behind some bushes. Is it classy behavior? No. However, it is not deviant behavior. Attitudes like this are exactly what's wrong with this country and exactly why we as Americans have the highest incarceration rate in the developed world. Lock everyone up because they don't think exactly like me! Oh brother.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with peeing behind the bushes. It's what people have done since the dawn of time!

I'm sorry that you were a victim of a sex crime but that doesn't excuse you from being dead wrong.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:31 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I have always had a bit of a problem with publicizing where sex offenders live by warning people they are moving into their neighborhood. Surely, some of these people are beyond help (in which case I don't understand why they're being freed), but for those who want to get on with their lives, doesn't this practice basically make that improbable?

If a person has served their time in prison, haven't they then paid their "debt to society"?

Why are sex offenders singled out? Why not drug dealers, attempted murderers, and drunk drivers?
There is a part of me that feels these guys don't have a chance at a normal life with their address listed, and I have even heard of people vandalizing their houses, likely they get death threats and angry words. The ones that have abused children, the pedifiles have a very low recovery rate, meaning it is very hard to rehabilitate them. Because of that these sites are basically warning anyone with children or hoping to have children that there is a pedifile in their neighborhood. Very often these people go on to abuse again. Sometimes they will move and not let their parole officer know and live somewhere they hope to never be found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.