Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 09:33 PM

367 posts, read 458,120 times

Advertisements

Springs, if you're ever in the Pittsburgh area, let's have dinner some time. Should be an adventure, and it can help you not have a "1" next to guests on the receipts you take pictures of.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:36 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post

YES IT IS SINCE I AM PAYING A *****TIP******** TO HAVE IT ALL MY WAY AND NOT ANYONE ELSE'S WAY. I SHOULD GET WHAT *I WANT FOR MY MONEY!! IT SURE THE HELL IS THEIR JOB TO DO AS I ASK IF THEY WANT MY MONEY. That's how tipping works, DUHH!

This reminds me of when my 2 year old threw a tantrum once.

I ME I ME I ME I ME WANT IT NOW. ME I ME I ME I.

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Luckily, my 2 year old only threw a tantrum once. OP throws them every time she "dines" out.

By the way, OP, how is that tantrum throwing workin' for ya? Most kids grow out of that by this age.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:41 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
I do, it's called being LAZY to say things as if you don't want to do ALL THE WORK it takes to serve me.

You aren't patronizing Michelin Star restaurants, you're hanging out at Chili's and Outback. You need to start expecting what you pay for, in food quality AND service.

That's not to say there aren't great servers at Chili's and Outback, but give me a break with your 5 star expectations and chain restaurant taste/pocketbook.

You probably have your picture posted in every server station/kitchen in every restaurant 5 states away and in every direction.

Why do you keep going back for the same ****ty service to the same places where you don't get the attention you need?

How do you think you are going to change anything?

Bee-itching on the internet for years doesn't seemed to have helped.

Quote:
I don't understand how someone can be that lazy on a job? THAT I don't understand why anyone would rather be bored on their job rather than making the time go by, by having work. I, for example, wouldn't be happy being a security guard. You sit and wait if something goes wrong. That's too boring to me, I'd go nuts just doing nothing. I am not like your kind, that's what I am saying. I am not lazy. I don't feel customers had "demands" when I served them at the donut shop/diner if they wanted no this, extra that, etc. That was MY JOB. I didn't feel it was an inconvenience as you do to serve people like that.
So your "work ethic", brought on by serving donuts and diner food, is why you are the way you are?

Did you yell "NO CUTTING!" at your donut shop/diner tables that needed a fork or a knife, when you happened to walk by on your way back to the kitchen for that "super special" table you had to get a doggie bag/extra ranch and a to-go-box of coffee for?

Most folks, I would guess 100% of them, who have been servers - GET IT. You don't. You have some crazy expectations that have taken over your life.

What happened to you when you were a donut shop/diner server?

Old 05-05-2015, 09:42 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
I am entitled to the to-go refills, because I am paying a TIP to get what I want in my service, which includes the to-go drink. Since refills are free, they can't LEGALLY CHARGE ME since it's on the menu they can't.
Oh that is bull ****. In some areas to go cups are common...other restaurants don't offer them...it's not your legal right and had not a damn thing to do with tipping. It's also not on menus that you are entitleded to a to go cup.

You have completly gone further around the bend. I almost feel bad for interacting with you...but you are so obnoxious and rude that my sympathy is short lived.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:44 PM

393 posts, read 306,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
1. A to-go cup costs the restaurant money, more than the reusable cup that you use when you dine in. Someone who orders to-go usually isn't going to get refills, vs. someone who dined in who did get refills. So, the cost balances out.
Doesn't matter what the restaurant pays. They don't charge me and they can't LEGALLY DO SO SINCE IT'S ON THE MENU WHILE I AM THERE THE SOFT DRINK REFILLS ARE FREE.

Also, I am PAYING IN THE *TIP* TO GET THINGS HOW *I* WANT THEM. That means, if I want a coke to-go, my wish should be granted for the tip I am paying for my service. I shouldn't be denied it.

Quote:
2. Your "get everything at one time, one table at a time" idea doesn't work.
IT DOES WORK, because everyone should wait their turn. It's only fair.

Quote:
Servers make different trips to several tables several times instead of getting everything at once for a reason. I might not need a refill at the same time that my husband does, for example. I might not realize that I want steak sauce until after I've tasted my steak. I might ask for a to-go box, and my husband might not realize that he needs one until later. By taking things to three or four tables at a time, servers can find out what anyone might want or can glance at their glasses to see if anyone needs a refill multiple times throughout each table's meal.
What do those have to do with getting the things we *DO KNOW WE WANT*, HUH? You examples are IRRELEVANT to this, because for me, I HAVE MY LIST OF THINGS, YOUR TABLE DOESN'T. Understand the difference here?

I know I want a box, a bag, the check, a to-go coke, a brownie, etc., but they won't stay long enough for me to tell them ALL of those items at times.

When you go to the next table or tables, you are HUGELY DELAYING THE FIRST TABLE that just asked for their stuff. That's not fair. Now if they called you over that's different, but that doesn't mean you should fix their stuff too as well. If the next table asked for 2 refills and more bread and my table asked FIRST BEFORE that table a box, a bag, the check, and a brownie, we should have all of OUR stuff given to us FIRST except for the dessert, which the dessert should be put into the computer. The 2nd table should wait their turn. It would be so unfair if you fixed the 2 refills and got the bread before you got our stuff and you know it.

Quote:
3. WHY do you speak/type like such a whiny, childish, demanding brat?
Why are you so LAZY and UNCARING of a human being? Why do you want to be unfair? I am not a brat, you are.

Quote:
4. Why do you let petty things like this bother you so much? I forget about even the worst of restaurant experiences by the time I get back home. I can't imagine keeping this going on the Internet for more than 10 years. WHY?????
It's not petty to me. I don't understand how you don't have any FEELINGS to speak of? I can't understand why these things DON'T BOTHER YOU? It HURTS MY FEELINGS when servers or people have been mean to me. I think about it afterwards for hours, days, weeks, and even years later. It's everything in my life. Just like my other thread about line cutting:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/great-debates/2360195-restaurant-servers-leaving-too-quickly-get.html

I don't "let" it bother me, for me it hurts my feelings, I can't help it. I bet there are things that make you mad or upset that wouldn't bug me at all.

I don't forget about anyone that hurts my feelings. I remember mean drivers that have flipped me off because they decided to block the line so I honked on them and they acted like they were in the right. One incident happened in 2003 I remember just as if it were yesterday. The guy made me and the rest of the line not make the traffic light because he was selfish and didn't want to make an easy u-turn to move 2 lanes over to go to the right-turn only lane. I honked on him, he flipped me off as if he was right. He was mean. It still hurts me to this day that people are jerks like that. I don't understand people? I don't do that to people, I make me a u-turn if I am in the wrong lane. I don't punish other people for my mistakes. I think of people's feelings and time, which it is called being *CONSIDERATE* something you aren't to call request demands. That's just mean and uncaring.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:47 PM

393 posts, read 306,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Oh that is bull ****. In some areas to go cups are common...other restaurants don't offer them...it's not your legal right and had not a damn thing to do with tipping. It's also not on menus that you are entitled ed to a to go cup.

It's on the menu the refills are free. It is my legal right, because refills are free REGARDLESS OF A TO-GO CUP OR NOT.

It has EVERYTHING to do with tipping since I am *PAYING FOR MY TIME* TO GET THE TO-GO DRINK, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That's PART OF MY SERVICE, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The server doesn't have to offer it to be a part of my service if I want. It all depends on what *I* want for my tip money since I am paying for the service, NOT YOU, NOT THE RESTAURANT, NOT THE SERVER.

It is my legal right since refills are free. It has 100% to do with tipping since I am paying for my time every second of it at my table is called "SERVICE" did you not know that, huh?

Old 05-05-2015, 09:53 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
It's on the menu the refills are free. It is my legal right, because refills are free REGARDLESS OF A TO-GO CUP OR NOT.

It has EVERYTHING to do with tipping since I am *PAYING FOR MY TIME* TO GET THE TO-GO DRINK, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That's PART OF MY SERVICE, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The server doesn't have to offer it to be a part of my service if I want. It all depends on what *I* want for my tip money since I am paying for the service, NOT YOU, NOT THE RESTAURANT, NOT THE SERVER.

It is my legal right since refills are free. It has 100% to do with tipping since I am paying for my time every second of it at my table is called "SERVICE" did you not know that, huh?
Refills are for when you are there...they are not legally obligated to give you a to-go cup....just some places have the custom of it. Go ahead and sue them....I'll love watching you get laughed out of court.

You need to post on the psychology forum...you display a variety of text book neurosis....much more suited to that forum since this has not a damn thing to do with great debates or food. You behavior is that of a tantrum throwing, paranoid, narcissistic jerk. Own it.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:56 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
The to-go cup and extra soda costs the restaurant, not the server, so the tip has nothing to do with that.

If I obsessed for 10 years over a server bringing me a to-go box and a check separately, I would probably check myself into a mental institution. At the very least, I would stop eating out.

Also, why are you so obsessed about something taking five minutes longer when you're dining out? I don't go to a sit-down restaurant when I'm in a hurry; I grab a sub or something. What's the big rush? Why not relax and enjoy yourself? Sip on a few double-shot daquiris or something; it sounds like you need them.

By the way, if y'all want to see even MORE of this insane woman's rambling, google "asprings131." I guess that was her original screen name, before she got banned from practically every forum on the Internet.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:00 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
I am entitled to the to-go refills, because I am paying a TIP to get what I want in my service, which includes the to-go drink. Since refills are free, they can't LEGALLY CHARGE ME since it's on the menu they can't.

<snip>

First off, I don't have "demands", it's request since it's asked nicely.
Second of all, you sound lazy saying this.
Thirdly, I am not wrong. There's nothing wrong I have said.

Because of people like you that don't want to do WORK. I am not lazy, you sound like you are with your attitude about that request are demands. There is no such thing as demands in restaurant service unless the customer is mean about it like yelling at you or telling you rather than asking you nicely.

So I expect to get what *I* want for *MY* money somehow that's so horrible, huh? NOTHING is unreasonable to think your server wants your money, so they will do just about anything to get it since that's why they are at a job, DUHHH, they need money. It's not unreasonable to think your server will care about you so you can care about their tip. It's just a fair give and take is what this is, that's it. WHY is that so unreasonable to think it will be a FAIR TRADE of good service to good tip?

NO, that's you to call my work load I give my servers "DEMANDS", because that's just lazy. Something mentally wrong with you to be that lazy.
Paying a tip is not for the purpose of getting extra drinks or condiments to take home. If a restaurant offers to-go refills for their dine-in customers, then it's fine to request one. But they are no more obligated to give you an additional drink for later consumption than they are to give you extra bread, salad, or anything else that might have been unlimited during your time AT THE RESTAURANT.

And what is up with you calling me and others here lazy??? That's about as random and unfounded of an insult as if I kept telling you you smell bad. There is simply no basis for it.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:16 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
While you're in your chain restaurant.

But you have made it very clear that you expect a to-go cup when you get your doggie bag too. After wasting a server's time and table.

That's so cheap and pathetic it's funny.

Quote:
You're not paying for your time.

No one is forcing you to go out to eat. You CHOOSE to.

You seriously need to stay out of restaurants that don't have drive-thru's.

Quote:
You don't have the right to make ridiculous demands and hold the tip like it's some sort of ransom. Trust me, the server is more than happy to get ZERO tip and get your rear-end OUT of his/her section and never have to deal with you again.

What you don't seem to understand is that just because someone works in the "service industry" doesn't mean one has to put up with your crap.

Quote:
What do "legal refills" and tipping have in common?

Who in their right mind requests a refill-to-go-cup after DINING IN? Why don't you just bring an empty 2 gallon jug and say, "well, it's my legal right to FREE re-fills, isn't it"?

Please.

Last edited by Informed Info; 05-05-2015 at 10:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates