Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 10:28 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times

Advertisements

You want a drink to have with your meal here? You get all the refills you want.

You also want a takeout drink? Also fine, a dollar ninety-five, please. You're also entitled to use all the condiments on the table to put whatever you want on your leftovers before we box them but we don't supply extras to go unless you're buying a takeout order. Thanks.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:53 PM

625 posts, read 624,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
Restaurant Servers: When some servers come to the table, the customer is telling the server a list of things, for some weird reason they are ready to close their book and/or walk away BEFORE you have A CHANCE to say every single thing that you want to ask for.

IT'S SO IRRITATING it's like they want the money, but DON'T WANT TO DO ALL THE WORK IT TAKES TO GET THE TIP. I don't understand? I am going to make the server make another trip or more than 2 trips if necessary, because I will get what the items I want for the tip we give. I have a right to be satisfied with the money we are paying just as anyone else.
You sound a little… what's the word .. psychotic, overbearing and just plain nuts. No wonder the server runs away.

I have to wonder: if eating out is SO FREAKING MISERABLE that you have to post a diatribe the length of a mini-series, why do you go???

Why not stay home, eat a nice TV dinner, watch Hoarding; Buried Alive & pet your cats. Sheesh!

Last edited by BamaBlue; 05-05-2015 at 11:06 PM..

Old 05-06-2015, 03:17 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
No wonder the server runs away.

Bahahahahahaha.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:12 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,637,704 times
Well, fellow CD citizens, this might be the worst one yet! A nice couple had been eating at Red Lobster for 31 years, and then the husband passed away. When the lady went back to the restaurant, the staff at Red Lobster wrote her a nice note and comped her meal. So nice, right?

But guess WHO thought that was unfair, and ranted about it? Yep, Springs1 in her alter ego 'asprings131'.

[url=http://ifyoucantaffordtotip.com/server-surprises-widow-dining-without-husband-wedding-anniversary/]Server Surprises Widow Dining Without Husband On Their Wedding Anniversary - IYCATT.COM[/url]

Old 05-06-2015, 06:33 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
Well, fellow CD citizens, this might be the worst one yet! A nice couple had been eating at Red Lobster for 31 years, and then the husband passed away. When the lady went back to the restaurant, the staff at Red Lobster wrote her a nice note and comped her meal. So nice, right?

But guess WHO thought that was unfair, and ranted about it? Yep, Springs1 in her alter ego 'asprings131'.

Server Surprises Widow Dining Without Husband On Their Wedding Anniversary - IYCATT.COM
Wow.

Springs1, so you feel it is UNFAIR when people show kindness to others.

You SERIOUSLY need some mental health therapy. But then, we already knew that.

I'd be curious to talk to your neighbors and see what kind of neighbor you are. Also, I'd love to talk to your co-workers (do you even work?). I think those would be VERY INTERESTING conversations!

Old 05-06-2015, 06:41 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Quote:

Server Surprises Widow Dining Without Husband On Their Wedding Anniversary - IYCATT.COM
I read some of Spring's comments on this story.

I think she might be on the spectrum. OP, have you ever been evaluated for autism or Asperger's?

In those comments, she says she's only been shown kindness 2 times (and she turned one away). That is just not normal behavior - hence my suggestion to get evaluated by a mental health professional.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:07 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
The OP may fancy herself royalty and refer to herself in the third person?

...or perhaps she is hosting a Tapeworm in her gut...

Old 05-06-2015, 07:43 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Quote:

Wow, from one of her posts:

You are being *UNFAIR* to all your customers though. Just because they are loyal customers doesn't mean they deserve a discount. It's not fair. Why not treat everyone as equals and make as MUCH MONEY as you can?

Someone doesn't know how to run a business or to keep loyal customers happy. Loyal customers are the ones that will keep coming back. Pay a little up front (comped meal in this case) to engender good will and increase future potential earnings.

But in this case I think it was Red Lobster or the server just being a compassionate human being. If someone has a problem with that than the problem is with them, not the business or the server

Oh and by the way, I think it's UNFAIR that servers have to put up with you

Another post:

No, what an UNFAIR gesture. Do you realize how many people have had people die of cancer? My aunt died in 1999 of colon cancer. I didn't receive a free meal at a restaurant.

Gee, I wonder why. Could it be your "charming" personality

Old 05-06-2015, 08:06 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I read some of Spring's comments on this story.

I think she might be on the spectrum. OP, have you ever been evaluated for autism or Asperger's?

In those comments, she says she's only been shown kindness 2 times (and she turned one away). That is just not normal behavior - hence my suggestion to get evaluated by a mental health professional.

This or narcissim.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:11 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Unfortunately it may be her upbringing. Someone that has never been shown kindness may not know how to react to it

Sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates