Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 10:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Wow.

Springs1, so you feel it is UNFAIR when people show kindness to others.

You SERIOUSLY need some mental health therapy. But then, we already knew that.

I'd be curious to talk to your neighbors and see what kind of neighbor you are. Also, I'd love to talk to your co-workers (do you even work?). I think those would be VERY INTERESTING conversations!
Quote:
I read some of Spring's comments on this story.

I think she might be on the spectrum. OP, have you ever been evaluated for autism or Asperger's?

In those comments, she says she's only been shown kindness 2 times (and she turned one away). That is just not normal behavior - hence my suggestion to get evaluated by a mental health professional.
It is odd when she goes on and on about how her feelings are hurt and stay hurt for years and years.
I think you may be right about this being a spectrum disorder.
It really sounds like she is a prisoner to these behaviors, else, why keep putting herself in the same position over and over?
That and the clear evidence that her response is always the same - same wording right down to the same key words over and over.
It's like she's stuck in a loop.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:07 AM

367 posts, read 458,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Do you really think Kathie and Springs1 are one in the same?
I'm leaning towards it. There's plenty of room for doubt though. I think the quick turnaround between the claimed online discovery and the time of her buyout gives some possibility to it. I also found (and forgot the website) a couple negative reviews online left by Kathie which I can see being written by someone with the mindset of Springs. There's also been no acknowledgement or denial by Springs in this thread of the connection, which given that she has replied to just about anything else, raises the suspicion.

I do believe Kathie and the Springs of years ago was the same person. Now, whether or not the current Springs is the same Springs, or someone who is just trolling off that identity, I don't know and it can very well be the case.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:21 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
So you can say you NEVER forgot anything EVER? You are perfect, right?
Yes, I can say that because it is true. I never once forgot an order. Ever. Why would the waitstaff need to repeat the order if she or he has written it down anyway? It's a waste of time to stand there and repeat an order like a parrot.

An order of food is an order of food. You seem to think it's a command of a superior to a subordinate. Maybe that's your problem. People with your attitude towards public servants and customer service workers feel they can order them around because they have little or no control in their own lives. So they take it out on those who they feel they have license to bully.

Because as I said in my original post, that's what you appear to be, a bully.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:26 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Springs has been on several message boards always complaining about restaurants.
And line cutting.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/great...ns-debate.html

I guess the world is just not perfect enough for her.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:42 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,629,860 times
Whine much today? I couldn't even read all of that dribble. You clearly have far too much free time on your hands if you're talking about an incident a few months ago when a server closed her book on you twice. I suggest you volunteer at the boys and girls club or walking shelter animals....something to use up your free time. Oh and stay home and cook for yourself. You'll be much happier.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:58 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
One incident happened in 2003 I remember just as if it were yesterday. The guy made me and the rest of the line not make the traffic light because he was selfish and didn't want to make an easy u-turn to move 2 lanes over to go to the right-turn only lane.
Meanwhile, out at some bar somewhere, there's a guy sitting there with his buddies, drinks held high, saying "Remember that time back in 2003, when I cut off that lady and made her miss the light? Yeah, sure, I could have just gone and made a U-turn; but man, it was just SO SATISFYING to make her miss the light and get stuck there!" (Sound of beer bottles being clinked together.)

Old 05-06-2015, 02:46 PM

601 posts, read 460,277 times
Quote:

It's not petty to me. I don't understand how you don't have any FEELINGS to speak of? I can't understand why these things DON'T BOTHER YOU? It HURTS MY FEELINGS when servers or people have been mean to me. I think about it afterwards for hours, days, weeks, and even years later. It's everything in my life. Just like my other thread about line cutting:

I don't forget about anyone that hurts my feelings. I remember mean drivers that have flipped me off because they decided to block the line so I honked on them and they acted like they were in the right. One incident happened in 2003 I remember just as if it were yesterday. The guy made me and the rest of the line not make the traffic light because he was selfish and didn't want to make an easy u-turn to move 2 lanes over to go to the right-turn only lane. I honked on him, he flipped me off as if he was right. He was mean. It still hurts me to this day that people are jerks like that. I don't understand people? I don't do that to people, I make me a u-turn if I am in the wrong lane. I don't punish other people for my mistakes. I think of people's feelings and time, which it is called being *CONSIDERATE* something you aren't to call request demands. That's just mean and uncaring.
I can only imagine the fear you ex's live in...

Old 05-06-2015, 03:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,033,814 times
Quote:
Restaurant Servers: When some servers come to the table, the customer is telling the server a list of things, for some weird reason they are ready to close their book and/or walk away BEFORE you have A CHANCE to say every single thing that you want to ask for.

I do this to get better service to ask for lots of things at once so I am not waiting a long time for every single thing. To not run my server so that way it's in one trip.

Also, most servers for some reason will not write down boxes, bags, check, to-go condiment containers, to-go soft drinks, etc. Then I have the server forgetting something usually, because they were too lazy to write things down.

The thing that bothers me the most is the not letting me FINISH my turn asking for all the items I want. I just had a waitress a few months ago, in the MIDDLE of me ordering close her book TWICE and then not write down the condiments only to forget 1 of them and not even apologize for it.

While I understand completely you servers have other customers, we should still get OUR TURN in 100% FULLNESS and it hurts you as well by having to make more trips.

I see all the time servers complain on the internet about "They ran me", NO, we aren't running you, you aren't staying put so we can tell you the entire list at ONCE so you can make ONE TRIP. For example, that waitress I talked about could have made one trip, but decided to make us(me and my husband) wait several minutes after having the box, bag, container for my ranch, bag, and to-go soft drink to bring the check. She could have brought that in her apron pocket made ONE trip.

So my question is WHY walk away so I can't say everything I need? I am STILL going to ask for the items NO MATTER WHAT, so it's not going to help you to walk away quickly.

I understand servers have other customers, but HOW is it going to help you to walk away if I am going to need all of these items REGARDLESS? This is just really an annoying thing in restaurants it's like they want the tip, but don't want to actual WORK for it. It's a job you servers out there that do this. I should have a right to ask for a box, a container for my condiments, a bag, the check all at ONCE without you running away. You also should be writing those things down. I have had a NUMBER of servers over the years that just can't handle even just 3 or 4 things to remember and have to ask for it again.

I am doing this for me mostly to get faster service, but I am also trying as well not to run my server. I wouldn't want to see my server be ran. That's not a nice thing to do to someone, no matter what.

So my question is, WHY be in such a rush to leave when it's actually quicker if you stay an extra few seconds literally to see I am going to say "a bag, etc.?" I think it has to do with they don't want to write all of those things down, nor do they want to do all of those things.

A few months ago, I had to say "I'm not finished yet" to the server when I was ordering my food. The server should be repeating the order and asking "Is that all" to the customer to ensure correctness. I really think it honestly has to do with not wanting to do ANY WORK for the money. You can't be pissed a customer ran you if you don't give them a CHANCE to say everything they needed.To servers, do you see how you all are making your tip not be higher by aggravating the customer like this by being rude and making the customer wait A LOT LONGER for their items? I think some of these servers think "I was right, this person wasn't going to tip well", but they don't quite understand if they would have stayed put, they would have had a much higher tip. I am not going to tip someone well that is making me wait a lot longer, because they are too lazy to get their pad and pen to write my request down and that they don't care about wasting my time by wanting my request to take longer so I wait longer.

To servers, I am not sure when I am saying something, they are like already walking away? I am not being mean about it or anything. I am ask nicely about what I want, they just are like rushy and at times it's like it's not even busy and have had servers do this.

An example, they will offer "You need a box", then I will say "A box, a bag", then walk away BEFORE I can say "containers for my condiments, the check, and a coke to-go." That's a prime example of what happens or they will just go with "yes" for the bag question and leave.

Another example would be they come to the table I say "I would like a box, containers for the condiments", then leave when I had other things to ask for.

It's like are servers just too lazy to write down requests? WHY do you servers want to make 2 trips, because I am not going to let up and not ask? Why would you want to make more trips? Why rush off so quickly I can't ask for everything?

Another example, I may say "I would like a box and a bag", then the server gets that and the check when we wanted to order a dessert but had like NO CHANCE to even say that they just assumed we were full, not that we wanted dessert.

When ordering I may say I would like such-n-such with fries with no seasoning, then they close the book BEFORE I have a chance to say "I would like a side of ranch for the fries as well."

IT'S SO IRRITATING it's like they want the money, but DON'T WANT TO DO ALL THE WORK IT TAKES TO GET THE TIP. I don't understand? I am going to make the server make another trip or more than 2 trips if necessary, because I will get what the items I want for the tip we give. I have a right to be satisfied with the money we are paying just as anyone else.
The solution is simple. If you don't like the service, don't go back, ever. Life is way too short to waste going to places that cause you so much aggravation.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:36 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The solution is simple. If you don't like the service, don't go back, ever. Life is way too short to waste going to places that cause you so much aggravation.
I think getting aggravated IS the OP's enjoyment in life.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:23 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,708,502 times
Quote:
I read some of Spring's comments on this story.

I think she might be on the spectrum. OP, have you ever been evaluated for autism or Asperger's?

In those comments, she says she's only been shown kindness 2 times (and she turned one away). That is just not normal behavior - hence my suggestion to get evaluated by a mental health professional.
People who Autistic do not tend to display this sort of behavior....many may like set rules and routines....but none of that explains this level of hatred and sheer paranoia that someone is getting something she's not or that she's being treated unfairly (even if it's in her own mind). Someone that is on the spectrum might not understand why...or care.....that the lady at Red lobster got a free meal....but they would be so highly offended by it.

She's just a nasty, narcissistic paranoid with a persecution complex. Let's not insult those that are autistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates