Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 03:03 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times

Advertisements

Yes?
Yes ma'am, I'm the manager, How can I help you?
She did?
Really?
Cutting?
And out of turn?
I see.
What's that?
I understand.
Yes, you told me that.
Condiments?
Did you also order takeout?
Oh, I see.
Well, how large a sack did you need for the ketchup?
Oh, I understand.
And you wanted to take your glass home?
Oh, just a takeout cup, I see.
Six straws?
Oh, in case they get bent in the car?
Yes, ma'am, I'm certainly writing all this down.
EXCUSE ME?- Yes, sir, I'll call an ambulance for your child, but you'll need to wait until I'm done with this lady - wouldn't want to go out of turn, you know.
Yes, ma'am, I'm terribly sorry for the interruption...
Well, he wasn't really cutting, his child was having an asthma attack and his respirator is not working...
Yes, ma'am, I understand it was your turn.
No, it wasn't fair, I'm so sorry.
Is there anything else I can do for you?
I see.
Seven percent instead of your normal nine?
I see.
I understand completely and I will certainly speak to your server after you've left.
I'm terribly sorry that we have been unable to meet your expectations but because we must provide service to a large group of customers, we must have procedures in place to be as efficient as possible based on the physical layout of the restaurant and the duties of each of our employees to best serve all our customers.
Out of turn?
I see.
Well, ma'am, I'm afraid we won't be able to do that.
I know, cutting.
Excuse me -GEORGE! CALL 911 - GET AN AMBULANCE HERE FOR THAT KID!
I'm so sorry.
Well, perhaps then, we should just make sure this is your last visit here.
In fact, please allow me to pick up that check for you since it's the last time you'll ever be here.
Thank you.
I certainly will discuss this with the waitress.
Yes, ma'am...
But first I'm going to the bar to get every worker here a nice stiff drink of their choice.
Have a nice day.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:12 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
Duh, I enjoy good food. I also enjoy being out somewhere other than home.

It's called a *TIP*, DUHH! If they would abolish tipping, then it wouldn't be my place then since their employer would be paying them their full wages.

95% of the way yes in that because they want more than $2.13/hr. If they don't expect a tip, then I am not their boss. So if they expect anything over their $2.13/hr, then I am their boss. I mean why would servers *ASK* what "YOU" want if you weren't the person RULING THE SERVICE, HUH?

They don't have payroll checks of much, because most of the $2.13/hr goes to taxes. Like one server on a blog said their check was like $35.

NO, that's why I am all about asking questions. I hate servers that assume.

It should be trained so there aren't as many problems as they are. There is such bad service these days, it's ridiculous.

You sound lazy to say "needy" and "demanding." See I don't mind doing work. I am not like your kind. At my last job, the internet server went down, everybody else was chit chatting in the office playing around, I went to grab the vacuum cleaner, vacuumed almost the entire office. I EARN MY PAY! I am a go getter. I was even called that by the boss I had at the donut shop/diner even back when I worked there in 1998-2002 off and on a little over 2yrs worth altogether. My first raise was within only a month and a half, and that was my first job even.

I used to clean things that no one would at the donut shop when it was slow like during the summer months on the afternoon shift. Some of the other co-workers would be chit chatting with customers without doing work while they were talking and some would even sit down for a while.

I never said it was easy, but I don't take it as "demands" if the customer is nice when they ask for something.

SO WHAT? Also, if we regularly dine there, eventually it comes in the prices. If we only go once, why do I care if YOU had to pay for my stuff? I don't know you, so who gives a care? You don't care about me, I don't care about you, it's that simple.

Sometimes and sometimes not. If they don't *TRY* their best and get things wrong because if it, then they haven't worked hard and you know it.

NO, it has NOTHING to do with that. It has to do with that they don't want to do "ALL OF THAT" for the tip. They want 20% to do very little. They don't want to do all what I want no matter even if I paid them 50% tip, they don't want to, because they are just lazy. They aren't like a worker like me that will take a vacuum out because I am bored to have something to do. They want to be lazy. I am the type of worker you would like, because I look for things to do. I am not there just standing doing nothing.

For example, I wiped the chairs that were at the counter while everyone else just waited for some customers to come on when we had like 4-6 counter girls on the weekend days. They'd be doing nothing, I'd be EARNING my pay, because I want to work. I am not lazy like people that you seem to be.

My Kind?
You have no idea what "my kind" is like and you will never in your entire life understand it.

Absolutely wasted written words on someone who is not blind but cannot see.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
Duh, I enjoy good food. I also enjoy being out somewhere other than home.
Apparantly you do not enjoy going out anywhere because you have posted time after time how unhappy going out makes you because every place you have ever been is the worst you have ever encountered because of the alleged lack of service you get.

PS ~~ Usually those under the age of 12 still use the word "DUH".......

Old 05-05-2015, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boystuition View Post
The rushed server scenario happens to me all of time too. It seems bit disingenuous to me that no one here admits this has ever happened to them and that they were annoyed by it, and instead have gang-piled on the OP.

I'll go out with my family and maybe a few people will order french fries with (yes) ranch dressing on the side. Then the food is dropped off and no dressing. So the server will rush by with an obligatory quick "is everything ok?" and one person will say "can I have some ranch dressing please?" and before I or anyone else can speak up to ask for their missing dressing, ketchup, utensil, water etc, the server is off. I don't want to be made to feel like a pest or have my food tampered with, so I usually do without whatever I wanted which also means I probably won't enjoy or even eat my french fries either.

Are all of you saying that this has never ever ever happened to you?

If you are in that much of a hurry go to fast food, leave 20 minutes sooner to get to the restaurant 20 minutes sooner or stay home and cook.

When we go out to dine we do not have a time frame because we are there to relax and enjoy our meal, each other and our surroundings. We are also there to visit with friends if we have gone out with or joined another couple.

If you cannot ask for whatever it is you want when the server comes around or while they are there serving your food that is your issue.
If you cannot eat and enjoy your fries that is also your issue.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:29 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
Yes at diners and fast casual restaurants they make their money from a rapid revolving door of patrons. If you want that level of personal service you would need to go to a more high-end restaurant with reservations made.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:12 AM

393 posts, read 306,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
You are the problem, not the servers. Obviously you must realize that if I had over 300 servers never walk away a single time and it happens to you frequently, then the problem is most definitely you and not the servers.
NO, you don't get how LAZY servers really are in most cases. Do you see your server writing down EVERY LITTLE THING that is asked? 99.9% of servers are too lazy to do so. It's all about LAZINESS and being UNCARING about their customers.

The problem is not me. Look at boystuition's page 10. What happens with him is that the server takes orders from ONE person from the table and doesn't realize DUH, we are all ADULTS here ordering for OURSELVES. We aren't children. They do this to us to when we are in a large group. At Outback with me, my mom, my dad, and my husband the waiter asked my mom since she was on the very end of the booth if she wanted another pina colada, but not ANYONE ELSE. I wanted another refill on my soft drink and another margarita. I don't like water since I can drink water anytime, I love soft drinks.

HOW is that "OUR FAULT" he didn't ask "Anybody else need anything" , huh?

It's not me, it's THEM wanting to not do ANY WORK and you know it. Boystuition's situation, he made the server not do as much work since he didn't end up asking for what he wanted. It worked and a lot of times it does, because people don't want to wait for what they want as I wait, so that's why servers do this.

Also, I guess some servers think one person is ordering at the table for all when they are too stupid to know that's not how ordering works in most cases. Everyone usually orders for themselves.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:29 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Since your experience is with "lazy" and "stupid" servers, WHY oh WHY do you continue to torture them and mostly THEM by continuing to go out?

You cannot possibly be enjoying your dining out.

Also, as someone pointed out, you clearly are not eating at high end restaurants. Applebee's and Wendy's are not considered classy places on anyone's list.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Yes?
Yes ma'am, I'm the manager, How can I help you?
She did?
Really?
Cutting?
And out of turn?
I see.
What's that?
I understand.
Yes, you told me that.
Condiments?
Did you also order takeout?
Oh, I see.
Well, how large a sack did you need for the ketchup?
Oh, I understand.
And you wanted to take your glass home?
Oh, just a takeout cup, I see.
Six straws?
Oh, in case they get bent in the car?
Yes, ma'am, I'm certainly writing all this down.
EXCUSE ME?- Yes, sir, I'll call an ambulance for your child, but you'll need to wait until I'm done with this lady - wouldn't want to go out of turn, you know.
Yes, ma'am, I'm terribly sorry for the interruption...
Well, he wasn't really cutting, his child was having an asthma attack and his respirator is not working...
Yes, ma'am, I understand it was your turn.
No, it wasn't fair, I'm so sorry.
Is there anything else I can do for you?
I see.
Seven percent instead of your normal nine?
I see.
I understand completely and I will certainly speak to your server after you've left.
I'm terribly sorry that we have been unable to meet your expectations but because we must provide service to a large group of customers, we must have procedures in place to be as efficient as possible based on the physical layout of the restaurant and the duties of each of our employees to best serve all our customers.
Out of turn?
I see.
Well, ma'am, I'm afraid we won't be able to do that.
I know, cutting.
Excuse me -GEORGE! CALL 911 - GET AN AMBULANCE HERE FOR THAT KID!
I'm so sorry.
Well, perhaps then, we should just make sure this is your last visit here.
In fact, please allow me to pick up that check for you since it's the last time you'll ever be here.
Thank you.
I certainly will discuss this with the waitress.
Yes, ma'am...
But first I'm going to the bar to get every worker here a nice stiff drink of their choice.
Have a nice day.
This is wonderful!!

Old 05-05-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Home must be a very unhappy place
This is a very true observation.

OP, I sincerely hope you are seeking therapy from a professional on how to cope with your anger and disfunction.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:44 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
If you order the way you tell your stories..... They probably thought you were done more than once during your dissertation and that's why they closed their books.

I couldn't even make it halfway through your original post.

With all of the serious problems in the world, why would anyone want to wade through the OP's ridiculously long rant on something as insignificant as this...issue?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.