Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:41 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I can't believe this thread is still going on...
This is not even a "great debate"...
And he only starts threads about servers and it is always the same rant, but posted in different parts of the forum.

If this is his only problem - and after four years of posts, it just may be - he is one very lucky individual.

Blessings.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:36 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I can't believe this thread is still going on...
This is not even a "great debate"...
We knew that on page one....lol.

Sometimes one feels bad about taunting the mentally ill but this one bring it on herself so consistently....plus maybe others will understand what servers have to put up with....though OP is in a class by herself.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:57 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post

This isn't a debate...great or other wise. You have shown your self to be a horrible restaurant patron in thread after thread.

^^^

Why is this thread in existence?
The entire OP was but a rant. It had no introduction as to what the scope/premise of supposed debate was. He should have surmised whether or not the topic worthy of debate...

Did the thread ever derail? It didn't start on rails, all safe.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:32 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Op, you need to work as a waiter for a month and wait on people like you.

There are other patrons to attend to. I hope you tip over 25%

Old 05-07-2015, 06:01 AM

393 posts, read 306,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Refills are for when you are there.
But the thing is, I am *STILL THERE*, DUHHH! Didn't you read how people have admitted JUST LIKE ME that we tip higher when servers do this? So it's a part of the service still. Emm74 said this on page 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
She offered a to go cup and I said yes, thanks and gave her an extra big tip.
You even said this HYPOCRITE PAGE 3 :
Quote:
It was sort of nice to take back to the office after lunch though.
This shows and proves that people think of this as "SERVICE", even YOU! Isn't that something, huh?

You are still there, therefore it is a part of the service. WHY be a hypocrite now going back on your words, huh? YOU SAID THEM, NOT ME!

Quote:
they are not legally obligated to give you a to-go cup.
If you ask for it, YES they are. It's a free refill according to the menu. The menu doesn't state you "CAN
T" have refills to-go, does it?

Also, if they want a good tip, they have to. You even said it yourself it was "NICE", so you probably gave a little extra in your tip just like Emm74 and we do, didn't you? It was still part of the *SERVICE*, because you are STILL THERE in the restaurant. You haven't left yet.

Quote:
You behavior is that of a tantrum throwing, paranoid, narcissistic jerk. Own it.
You need to remember what you wrote that you are a HYPOCRITE! While you are there is while you are there. It's part of the service. Heck, you could drink some of the to-go coke in the restaurant and not leave right away. I mean really, it's still part of the service. You haven't left yet. It takes your server time and work to do this. This should count tip wise. It's only fair. If they didn't want me to have it, WHY would they NEVER refuse me, huh? Obviously, it's OK with the restaurants, DUHH!

Old 05-07-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
The to-go cup and extra soda costs the restaurant, not the server, so the tip has nothing to do with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
She offered a to go cup and I said yes, thanks and gave her an extra big tip.
Someone on this thread did just like me said they tipped HIGHER based on the extra work. So YEAH it DOES. WHERE would you not tip someone higher for doing extra work, huh? Even when service was bad, because a waitress had offered that, she got 6% tip instead of zero as I would have given her for being so horrible. So yeah, this has EVERYTHING to do with the tip, because it's part of the *******SERVICE************!! WE ARE STILL THERE, so if I am getting things I have asked for, I am getting service regardless if it's to-go cups or not.

Quote:
Also, why are you so obsessed about something taking five minutes longer when you're dining out?
Because I think about people's time and feelings, I want them to think of mine to be FAIR that if it was our turn, it was our turn. If it is someone else's turn, they shouldn't be thinking about our time. It's only fair.

Who loves waiting? You must love waiting. I don't.

5 minutes is 5 minutes. I have seen people walk out of a restaurant they were waiting to get seated during a LESS THAN 5 minute longer wait that we ended up getting seated right after.

Quote:
What's the big rush?
I am hungry and thirsty, that's why, duhh. Also, as I said above, I want my turn to be fair.

Quote:
Why not relax and enjoy yourself?
How do you enjoy yourself if you see your server cutting in front of your turn? That hurts my feelings.

Quote:
By the way, if y'all want to see even MORE of this insane woman's rambling,
I am not insane, you are to want to wait longer for things. You must go to a restaurant not hungry.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:32 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post

Because I think about people's time and feelings, ........

I am not insane, .....
You think about other people's feelings....except for those you continually insult.

As for the remaining comment.....people have drawn other conclusions based on your other posts both here and on other sites.

Seek a mental health professional. They can help you think more rationally and cope with your narcissistic tendencies. Seriously. Seek therapy. It can help you immensely.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Paying a tip is not for the purpose of getting extra drinks or condiments to take home.
If the customer wants it to be, how is that anyone's business? You aren't paying my tip, so you have no rights to tell me how I want to spend my tip money.

Quote:
If a restaurant offers to-go refills for their dine-in customers, then it's fine to request one.
How is an "offer" a "request?" You can't offer one and request one. It's either or.

It's fine to ask for one, because it's part of the service if you want one. I have NEVER been refused EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER! We do this everywhere.

Quote:
But they are no more obligated to give you an additional drink for later consumption than they are to give you extra bread, salad, or anything else that might have been unlimited during your time AT THE RESTAURANT.
They are if I ask for it. Now they CAN charge if they so choose to for the bread or condiments, but they cannot charge for the refills on the soft drinks or iced teas because those are on the *MENU* already listed it's free refills. The menu doesn't state you can't have one to-go. The menu doesn't list the bread or condiments in most cases, unless they are charging you for those items. It would be illegal and an overcharge to charge for soft drinks/iced tea refills since their price is listed on their menu. That's called false advertising then if they did.

They aren't obligated to offer it to me, but I have every right to request a refill to-go on my soft drink or iced tea.

Quote:
And what is up with you calling me and others here lazy???
Here it goes some proof, even you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
it is being a very needy pain in the table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPlaya View Post
Tips are how she can force everyone in the establishment to bow to her impossible and ridiculous demands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
You have had many people here telling you that you are in the wrong with your demands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Spring, your check doesn't stay with the server, it has to be read by the chef or someone who expedites orders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
The best servers know that each time they go to the kitchen or drink area they should be gathering items for multiple tables--NOT one at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Also, as far as condiments go you can put those in the box that your food is in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomervilleCat View Post
Where are you eating that you want to get to-go condiment containers and to-go soft drinks???? You order your meal, eat it, and if you can't finish you take a box and leave. It's not their job to make sure you have an entire extra meal to eat at home. Do you not have ketchup or RANCH at home?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Quit needing so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You don't have the right to make ridiculous demands
So tell me how are these people not being LAZY on the job if they were servers? Especially the people saying my request are "ridiculous" and "demands", because if they weren't lazy, they wouldn't mind at all to do all of the things rather than COMPLAINING about them. You don't see that, huh?

SommervilleCat for example acts like their job is not to do what the customer wants, that's lazy.

Afternoon coffee, complaining about too much work.

Pythonis, complaining about doing extra work getting containers.

RRAH too lazy to make multiple trips to be FAIR not to punish the first table's time.

TheWiseWino wants to act like the server can't have something called a written order to compare the food to for obvious errors.

CSD610 acts like work is horrible rather than WANTING to work by complaining about it.

NotAPlaya is complaining about work in general. To call request "demands" and "ridiculous" is ridiculous. It's a JOB. What does this person expect? VERY LAZY!

Sawdustmaker calling requests "ridiculous demands." How is that not complaining about doing work, huh?

kayanne YOU are complaining about do a lot of work. LAZY. It's not "demands" to ask nicely for a lot of request. I don't understand your way of thinking? WHY do you call it "DEMANDS" if you were a hard worker and weren't lazy? WHY COMPLAIN ABOUT DOING WORK IF YOU WEREN'T LAZY?

Old 05-07-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
After wasting a server's time and table.
I am not wasting a server's time.

Quote:
That's so cheap and pathetic it's funny.
It's not cheap or funny, it's being a SMART SHOPPER getting bargins when you can.

Quote:
You're not paying for your time.
YES I AM CALLED A TIP FOR THE SERVICE. Every second I am at that table, I am paying for my time called service.

Quote:
No one is forcing you to go out to eat. You CHOOSE to.
They *CHOOSE* to be a server, so what's your point here?

Quote:
You don't have the right to make ridiculous demands
I have EVERY RIGHT to get what *I* want for *MY* tip money. It's not demands or ridiculous. It's only ridiculous that you are too lazy to do the job the way it SHOULD be done as a hard worker.

Quote:
and hold the tip like it's some sort of ransom
NO, if they want something called a tip, so do I, good service. It's an even trade.

Quote:
Trust me, the server is more than happy to get ZERO tip and get your rear-end OUT of his/her section and never have to deal with you again.
Again, because they are LAZY.

Quote:
What you don't seem to understand is that just because someone works in the "service industry" doesn't mean one has to put up with your crap.
Why do you call work "crap", huh? You are mean.

Quote:
What do "legal refills" and tipping have in common?
Paying for the service to get what *I* want for *MY TIP MONEY*, DUHHH! I am STILL THERE. It's called service.

Quote:
Who in their right mind requests a refill-to-go-cup after DINING IN?
Smart shoppers. Who in their right mind wouldn't if something is free, huh?

Old 05-07-2015, 06:55 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
I am not wasting a server's time.

It's not cheap or funny, it's being a SMART SHOPPER getting bargins when you can.

YES I AM CALLED A TIP FOR THE SERVICE. Every second I am at that table, I am paying for my time called service.

They *CHOOSE* to be a server, so what's your point here?

I have EVERY RIGHT to get what *I* want for *MY* tip money. It's not demands or ridiculous. It's only ridiculous that you are too lazy to do the job the way it SHOULD be done as a hard worker.

NO, if they want something called a tip, so do I, good service. It's an even trade.

Again, because they are LAZY.

Why do you call work "crap", huh? You are mean.

Paying for the service to get what *I* want for *MY TIP MONEY*, DUHHH! I am STILL THERE. It's called service.

Smart shoppers. Who in their right mind wouldn't if something is free, huh?
All I see here is I want, I want, I want. Do you even read what you are posting? My daughter used to act like this. I think she grew out of it around 6 or so. The world does NOT revolve around you. Lighten up or you are going to go crazy. Hmmm.... maybe that ship has sailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates