Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 07:25 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times

Advertisements

It is alot safer than alcohol, cigarettes, most prescription drugs and fast food.

I get baked out of my mind alot and have for awhile and have not had any health issues related to it.

But, I'm a total freaking rock star from Mars. I'm not sure what effects it has on humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 07:36 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,876,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
It is alot safer than alcohol, cigarettes, most prescription drugs and fast food.

I get baked out of my mind alot and have for awhile and have not had any health issues related to it.

But, I'm a total freaking rock star from Mars. I'm not sure what effects it has on humans.

A sample of one doesn't have much validity...

Old 06-07-2015, 08:06 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
My son is a heavy pot smoker (he's 22). He has Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome. He can't keep food down. He's 6'3" and skin and bones. He is hungry but throws up anything he eats. He won't stop smoking pot. So he's probably going to starve to death. Or maybe he will wake up and decide living is more important than being a pot head.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:14 PM

720 posts, read 500,821 times
I think marijuana is absolutely an addictive drug. Is it the worst there is? No. Should people do hard time in jail because of it? No. Should law enforcement use valuable resources to really crack down on it? Probably not. But that doesn't mean pot is the same as drinking a glass of wine at dinner, or taking a drag off a cigarette in front of a bar.

Speaking of cigarettes, it's funny to me that we live in a time where marijuana use has never been more popular, and yet we're more anti-cigarettes now than ever. I'm not sure smoking cigarettes and smoking marijuana are vastly different when it comes to your health, even if THC has some anti-cancer properties.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:17 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
Marijuana can be fatal if a pothead runs you over with his car because he was too stoned to see you..

Old 06-07-2015, 08:55 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
I think marijuana is absolutely an addictive drug. Is it the worst there is? No. Should people do hard time in jail because of it? No. Should law enforcement use valuable resources to really crack down on it? Probably not. But that doesn't mean pot is the same as drinking a glass of wine at dinner, or taking a drag off a cigarette in front of a bar.

Speaking of cigarettes, it's funny to me that we live in a time where marijuana use has never been more popular, and yet we're more anti-cigarettes now than ever. I'm not sure smoking cigarettes and smoking marijuana are vastly different when it comes to your health, even if THC has some anti-cancer properties.
Cigarettes cause cancer, blood clots, hesrt disease and other deadly health problems. No one has ever developed anything deadly from smoking MJ.

Cigarettes can also affect those around you through second and third hand smoke. I don't think I have ever heard of MJ causing issues through secondhand smoke.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:24 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post

How many old folks do you see carrying around green bottles because they have emphysema from doing bong hits?
Any chance that could be decades of cigarettes?

I don't have a link to one but studies have shown those who smoke pot and cigarettes have less chances of getting lung cancer.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:07 AM

424 posts, read 381,817 times
The only effect of marijuana I have ACTUALLY SEEN is that it tends to make the majority of uses less motivated and lazy. I live in Portland, and though I do not partake in the huff huff I have a lot of friends who do and it has this effect on all of them except one, who gets super hyper from it somehow.....

EDIT: And yes I know 2 people I would definitely consider addicted to it (as in they couldn't go a day without it unless it was forced....)

Old 06-08-2015, 02:31 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
You need to watch "Reefer Madness". It will tell you the true story of what happens when people smoke Marijuana.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:39 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
I hear all the time that its not bad for you and you cant get any diseases or anything. But i want to hear any negative input on the subject. Or positive
A driver who was high on marijuana struck and killed a 15 year old boy who was the son of my then-wife's best friend.

Harmless? No - harmless substances don't result in the deaths of innocent children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates