Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2016, 11:25 AM

18,530 posts, read 18,761,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Wow, so the woman with 10 kids and no father? Miracle babies. The last time I read about a woman having a kid without a man an entire religion was formed based on the outcome alone. Is this woman named Mary?
fathers do walk you know.... and not on water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 11:40 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
fathers do walk you know.... and not on water.
Not my problem. Make them pay child support for their actions.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
thankfully for you its not....

Old 03-10-2016, 12:00 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
thankfully for you its not....
The women that get pregnant, that is not a choice? Other than in rape, an activity that has been on the decline for the past 30 years, women that get pregnant are participating in an activity that they chose to particpate in. They need to be held liable for their own actions. I do not believe in murder or anything like it. Abortion is murder. I do believe that a man or woman have to take responsibility for their own actions. Lets say that you have a woman that does not know she could get pregnant with a man and ends up having a child. Well now she knows what will happen. If she chooses to do this again then she should be on her own. I should not have to pay for her actions. She and the man that placed her in that postion need to take care of the children that they bring into this world. Ideally this would be thru getting married with the woman taking care of the kids and the man bringing in the money. We do not live in an ideal world though

Old 03-10-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
The women that get pregnant, that is not a choice? Other than in rape, an activity that has been on the decline for the past 30 years, women that get pregnant are participating in an activity that they chose to particpate in. They need to be held liable for their own actions. I do not believe in murder or anything like it. Abortion is murder. I do believe that a man or woman have to take responsibility for their own actions. Lets say that you have a woman that does not know she could get pregnant with a man and ends up having a child. Well now she knows what will happen. If she chooses to do this again then she should be on her own. I should not have to pay for her actions. She and the man that placed her in that postion need to take care of the children that they bring into this world. Ideally this would be thru getting married with the woman taking care of the kids and the man bringing in the money. We do not live in an ideal world though
No it certainly is anything but an ideal world and yes a man and woman should take responsibility for their actions but isnt it a shame that only a woman has to have the trauma pain, sometimes humiliation and shame of being pregnant for nine months and not the man..... so its never a fair deal on the woman in these cases.................did I see you type... rape is an activity on the decline..... not from where Im standing.... where did you get these figures please.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:07 PM

854 posts, read 586,317 times
I wonder if people who say "abortion is murder" realize how bat*hit crazy and irrational they really sound. If abortion is murder than miscarriage is manslaughter.

If a ten-week-old fetus is a baby than taking labour-inducing pills like misoprostol would enable a woman to birth a healthy and viable infant. No, instead, a woman who is 10 weeks pregnant who undergoes labour "gives birth" to a few clumps and a heavier-than-usual period.

I honestly think these people should be on some form of heavy psychiatric medication.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:08 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,864,410 times
Quote:
Many mothers and children, and courts and states, would like to be able to do that. These deadbeat dads do anything and everything to avoid paying for their responsibilities. You can't "make" them be real men and do the right/ordered thing.

It IS our problem in that we, the tax payers, have to help the moms with housing, food, child care, healthcare, and so much more. These children are the true innocents. Do you support these children financially? Emotionally?

Old 03-10-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
Many mothers and children, and courts and states, would like to be able to do that. These deadbeat dads do anything and everything to avoid paying for their responsibilities. You can't "make" them be real men and do the right/ordered thing.

It IS our problem in that we, the tax payers, have to help the moms with housing, food, child care, healthcare, and so much more. These children are the true innocents. Do you support these children financially? Emotionally?
makes me wonder who these fathers sleep at night... but they do... their the ones who have walked out on their own flesh and blood but oh yes, the woman are the big bad wolves for even considering abortion.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:19 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
saying yes to sex is not saying yes to pregnancy. abortion is taking responsibility. mind your own uterus or sperm.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:58 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,179,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhyanne View Post
Of course everybody involved in killing an innocent should be sent to jail.

If a woman is raped she might not be forced to take care of the baby and can always put that child to adoption. Now, aborting just because she might be traumatized or suffering because of being raped can't ever be justifiable. If so, a woman who gives birth to a child who was conceived through rape and later regrets not having aborted it ,should be allowed to have that born child killed? If not, then what's the difference?
There are multiple critical differences between a child who is walking around and a fetus prior to a certain point. Chief among them is that children are conscious and can experience pain, have intentions, have interests, etc. Fetuses prior to 26 weeks can't.

Let me turn the question for you: Sperm and a two-celled fetus both have the capability of becoming an adult human if they are allowed to undergo various physical changes and receive the necessary inputs. Why is killing a two-celled fetus wrong, but birth control is not? A two-celled fetus has a full set of human DNA, but DNA is just nucleic acid. There is nothing morally relevant about DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates