Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 01:16 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,798,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Proof positive that the insane restrictions on abortions does NOT STOP them!

Texas Women Are Inducing Their Own Abortions - The Atlantic
Not all women who want to get abortions actually get abortions if abortion becomes much more restricted and/or illegal, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Oh, OK. Then the answer to your question is yes. I would shed tears for anyone who is injured or killed in that way. It doesn't seem right to me for voluntary castration to be illegal, but that's another issue for another thread.
So, should I create a separate thread about this specific topic?

Also, though, I don't think that elective surgical castrations are illegal. Rather, the issue appears to be excessive "gate-keeping" on the part of medical professionals.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
People appear to have forgotten (some never knew) why abortion was made legal in the first place. Maybe it should be illegal again. It probably wouldn't take 100 years again to make it legal, once and for all. Probably less than 5 years before the NEED for such interventions is uncontested. THEN, when abortion is legalized for a second time... when abortion is legalized, once and for all, there will be less opposition to it.
Was abortion made legal in the first place due to "back-alley" castrations? If so, then I would like to point out that I myself certainly wouldn't be convinced by the "back-alley argument" if I was politically anti-abortion.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:24 AM

21,549 posts, read 8,731,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
So, should I create a separate thread about this specific topic?

Also, though, I don't think that elective surgical castrations are illegal. Rather, the issue appears to be excessive "gate-keeping" on the part of medical professionals.
Yes, I think that excessive gate-keeping would be better as a topic for a separate thread. It covers a lot more ground than just whether or not abortion should remain legal.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Truth, and thank you for saying that!

Come on, all you righteous right-to-lifers! Each of you adopt AT LEAST ONE special needs child in the foster care system, and raise them to adulthood, with NO government assistance...are you up to it??
While I second this challenge, but also demand that anti-infanticide people likewise accept this challenge. Indeed, are you anti-infanticide people up to it?

Old 03-21-2016, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Yes, I think that excessive gate-keeping would be better as a topic for a separate thread. It covers a lot more ground than just whether or not abortion should remain legal.
OK. Thus, I will create a separate thread about excessive "gate-keeping" tomorrow.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Here in Ohio the most you get for abusing or killing a dog or cat is a suspended sentence and a small fine, usually only a few hundred dollars.

Kill an infant or a child and you get life in prison or the death sentence.
Isn't that speceisist, though?

Old 03-21-2016, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, pushed for the legalization of abortion because she believes that "we need to do something about the N***o problem in America." Legalized abortion was the means by which she wanted to advance her white supremacist agenda of eugenics, which included eliminating the African American population by abortion and attrition.
Actually, I thought that Margaret Sanger was politically anti-abortion. Indeed, am I wrong in regards to this?

Old 03-21-2016, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
There is no excuse for birth control pills still costing $130/mo. in 2015. They were invented in 1965 and have not been improved an iota since then. IUD's are $1K. An IUD is a Cracker Jack prize with some artificial estrogen on it. They probably cost $0.50 to make per batch of 100. So you just made the perfect case for safe, legal abortion. Thank you very much.
Oh, I completely agree with you that birth control needs to be made cheaper or even free. However, to be fair, $1,000 is certainly "chump change" in comparison to both 18+ years of child support and a lifetime of hormone replacement therapy (after surgical castration, which itself costs more than $1,000).

Old 03-21-2016, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Lucky for her, abstinence is the only birth control method that costs nothing and is 100% effective, thus, it is a wise financial decision.
*Cough* Rape *Cough*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates