Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 03:53 PM

506 posts, read 651,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I totally believe it. Big Pharma is making way too much money off medications and chemo to allow for a cure of any cancer.
True. A real comprehensive cure would destroy our society . So many people out of work at hospitals, oncologists wiped out, mammogram machines in moth balls. Won't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 03:55 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,210 times
[quote=GJJG2012;45002531]Cannabis ("marijuana") is very effective at treating anxiety, depression & bipolar. But PA has $500 fine & 30 days (possibly suspended) for 1st use & penalty doubles with 2nd use. There are 0 deaths as a direct result of use in over 1 billion & most experience no unpleasant side effects. The laws against it are just to protect jobs & profits in some occupations, nothing to do with medical facts. I've read over 20,000 pages from hundreds of sources about cannabis.

Some who smoke cannabis also smoke tobacco cigarettes, so cannabis users can get cancer not because of, but in spite of using cannabis. Depression in cannabis users would probably be when they can't find more, or can't afford it. Anti-depressants get rid of bad moods by getting rid of all moods, happiness included. But cannabis is a mood elevator, the mood is higher (happier). Cannabis studies at Granny Storm Crow's list. Cannabis has several cancer-fighters built-in. Best wishes & please ask if you have more questions.

Believe me, enough people have suggested MJ to me to the point where I said, screw it, I'll smoke it again. The first two times I smoked it I was suicidal the next day. Thankfully I don't have the presence of a suitable suicide method (i.e. firearms) in my home. That feeling fortunately went away. But I cannot be stone 24/7, not can I afford impairment of short-term memory and giggle fits at work when I am trying to educate older people with limited funds on how to best insure their cars and homes. The reason that I quit smoking before is that it gave me very bad anxiety. Not sure why it works differently now. PA had approved medical MJ for some limited uses like alleviating the side affects of cancer treatment (one of my exes has stage 3 colon cancer and got medical MJ but he didn't like the paranoia). I am a member of a bipolar support group with over 10,000 members and I can tell you if and when medical MJ gets approved, we would be all over it like flies on a turd. To me, it's not a substitute for my antidepressants or mood stabilizer; it does help but is impractical for me to do all the time.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:01 PM

506 posts, read 651,695 times
That's true. A local oncologist , upon finding my best friend had Stage IV breast cancer that spread to her lung, not only cut the breast off after the discovery, he also finished her off with chemo and radiation. She never had a chance and died after two years of these poisons. They have to do what the AMA tells them what they have to do.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:31 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,344 times
The US rate of cancer is something like 2nd or 3rd highest in the world, please ask yourself why. If there were natural cures for cancer, the discoverer would be famous, but maybe not rich, maybe dead.

Rick Simpson , then of Maccan, NS, Canada, treated about 5,000 people with stage IV cancers for free, with cannabis oil, using up his $1.3 million life savings, so how could that be a scam? About 95% with hopeless cancers saw their cancers disappear after 90 days of treatment with a gram a day of cannabis oil. US govt found out and told Canada to give him life sentence as a drug dealer. World-famous Rick fled to Europe, and with essentially no money. The US DEA has offices in dozens of countries & controls other countries thru U.N.

The $2 trillion a year pill industry doesn't want to be wiped out, so most in Congress are paid $100K-$500K per year by the pill cos to not do them any harm. The $100 billion a year cancer care industry you mention wants protection, too. Police & prisons profit from keeping cannabis illegal. It was in pharmacies from about 1850 until as late as 1937, so hardly unproven. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post

Second, if there were natural cures for cancer, the discover would be instantly world-famous. Seminars all over the world would be full of people running around showing off their old x-rays and MRIs with the tumors. You do realize the world is bigger than just the USA, right? People in Cuba, Russia, China, Iran, and Brazil also get cancer, and there is no way the secret US black helicopter assassination teams could reach across the world into the territory of independent countries. The reason you never hear people complaining about how they tried a "natural cure" that didn't work is because they are dead from the disease they were choosing to not treat.

Yes, lots of money is generated on cancer treatment, but no where even remotely close to being able to "ruin the economy". Spending on cancer care is about $100-billion. The gross domestic product of just the USA is about $17-trillion. That means if 100% of the global expenditures on cancer occurred just in the USA it would be about 0.5% of GDP.

Fourth, oncologists recommend surgery and chemo because that's been proven again and again by study after study that it is the most effective way to fight cancer.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:05 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanG_O View Post
True. A real comprehensive cure would destroy our society . So many people out of work at hospitals, oncologists wiped out, mammogram machines in moth balls. Won't happen.
Reasonably well-educated people would have few problems finding work in other medical fields. Those charged with the more mundane tasks would have less tedium, and far less-depressing working conditions. The "hardware" could be written off against the gains in other sectors of health care, and with less of a societal burden due to illness, we might all find time for a few more days at the beach.

You are simply falling back on the shopworn excuse of blaming a free society for the real world's disappointments..

BTW, if healthy slaves can be maintained at lower costs, why wouldn't Marxist economies such as North Korea make use of a cure for cancer, if one existed?

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-03-2016 at 06:15 PM..

Old 08-03-2016, 06:45 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
*many* get cancer from radiation and chemo?

I'd like to see your source for this information.
Physicians have no for years and years that radiation and chemo cause other cancers.

Secondary Malignancies - CancerConnect News : CancerConnect News

Old 08-03-2016, 08:04 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,246,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
The US rate of cancer is something like 2nd or 3rd highest in the world, please ask yourself why. If there were natural cures for cancer, the discoverer would be famous, but maybe not rich, maybe dead.

Rick Simpson , then of Maccan, NS, Canada, treated about 5,000 people with stage IV cancers for free, with cannabis oil, using up his $1.3 million life savings, so how could that be a scam? About 95% with hopeless cancers saw their cancers disappear after 90 days of treatment with a gram a day of cannabis oil. US govt found out and told Canada to give him life sentence as a drug dealer. World-famous Rick fled to Europe, and with essentially no money. The US DEA has offices in dozens of countries & controls other countries thru U.N.

The $2 trillion a year pill industry doesn't want to be wiped out, so most in Congress are paid $100K-$500K per year by the pill cos to not do them any harm. The $100 billion a year cancer care industry you mention wants protection, too. Police & prisons profit from keeping cannabis illegal. It was in pharmacies from about 1850 until as late as 1937, so hardly unproven. Best wishes.
I just can't anymore. The derp is just too deep in this thread.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:25 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,460,871 times
Sure much donated to this cause is 30-40 years of research... Universities enjoy getting these funds and get to say.., nope! We have not found a cure, but! We did find that green beans grown on the forth Sunday of the full moon are not what's causing it! That is how they keep plugging away at "finding a cure".

I've no doubt that a minority of scientist are working towards resolving certain types of cancers. Will it make it to the medical doors for implementation? Doubtful. Because then, all the other universities and research centers would go belly up. It's become a cancer in itself to keep the public chasing that dangling carrot that a cure is near!

I stopped giving towards this farce of a "charity" industry when it became more about bringing in more money with zero results to resolve.

Charities really are not built on falling apart ten years down the road... They need to stay afloat, and a cure would defeat the real intention of establishment.

I could be wrong... And by the same token so can all the folks that think wearing a pink ribbon somehow garnered one more step towards a cure...

Old 08-03-2016, 09:40 PM

8,050 posts, read 10,640,313 times
If there really was a cure they are "hiding", people like Steve Jobs would not have died from it. That's my take anyway.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:42 AM

35,079 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
There are good doctors and bad doctors, and if you feel that they are just motivated and keeping you sick just to line their pockets, change doctors. It's that simple.
I did just that with a dentist, and a procedure that was slated to cost about $2500 cost me $150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I am getting tired of the conspiracy theorists that insist that people forego conventional treatment in favor of some supplement, vitamin, superfood, etc. It is cruel and it is irresponsible.******I have tried all kinds of vitamins, supplements, diets, superfood powders, and other regiments, and you know what? They didn't work.However, my medications do and that is why I take them. You can really do more harm than good suggesting that people make their treatment decisions based on unsubstantiated claims rather than something that has been proven over and over to be effective.
From time immemorial people have looked for "miracle cures," especially for inherently incurable conditions. It takes a certain amount of intelligence and initiative to resist those siren songs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates