Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 08:57 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Recently, we've all seen the photos of the armed protestors on the steps of the state capitals. Are these guys delusional or what? Do these guys think they are in a movie?

This is real life. Who were they going to shoot? If they shot any counter protestors, that would be murder. If law enforcement had a reason to ask them to leave, they would have to comply. Were they going to engage in a full shootout with police on the grounds of a government building?

Now, this isn't a discussion about the second amendment. They can own guns. That's not the issue.

This alleged "show of force" is just theater being performed by people who think they are living in a Rambo movie.

Plus, there are a ton of other problematic issues that are clearly on display here.

Thoughts?
I’m sure the British thought the same of the colonials. A bunch of ragged farmers....

Those people that you refer to as delusional are simply exercising their right. Just like you are for forming and expressing a opinion of calling them delusional. That’s covered under those other amendments. They have as much right to express their opinion as you do.

You ever wonder why in a big riot situation cops pull back and don’t engage the rioters? Look up the LA riots when the Rodney King verdict came out. Cops would of gotten their azzes handed to them by the rioters

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
The 2nd Amendment does not give people the right to own any weapon they want. I'm not anti-gun. I grew up hunting in Nebraska (mostly birdshot), but I never understood these loons that think that owning an AR-15 is a good thing. They have absolutely no utility other than to kill people. That mass murder that happened in Dayton last year involved a weapon that killed 9 people in 29 seconds, and injured over 20. A shotgun or a rifle could never do that kind of damage in 29 seconds. Semi-automatics should be banned.
Lol. You’re not anti gun? Could of fooled me. Btw a shotgun can do a whole lot of damage in a very short time. And reloading them isn’t really hard. At all. You’re not only uninformed about what guns are capable of doing you’re lying to yourself and everyone on this board when you say you’re not anti gun. Really.....please stop with you’re not anti gun because you grew up in Nebraska and shot a quail on opener day. Your whole post reeks of anti gun drivel.

The 2nd amendment isn’t about hunting. It never was. See our forefathers were a bunch of really really smart dudes. Smarter than most people today. See.....they lived under tyranny. We as a nation have no clue what is like to live under tyrant. Please don’t say we do because Americans don’t. The current situation is about as close as we are to tyranny. Which is laughable to even compare the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 09:02 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
There's also a huge difference between carrying a gun and shooting someone with it.
People lugging around their guns in public, especially these semi-automatics, do this to intimidate people and to show off. There was a story a few years back about some nut in suburban Atlanta walking around a park with an AR-15 with a bunch of kids playing baseball. The parents freaked out, stopped the game and left because some dumbazz wanted to play the big man. Just because you can carry a gun doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:03 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,349,724 times
^"Those people that you refer to as delusional are simply exercising their right"

Nope. They're saying don't mess with us....we'll kill you. They're censoring others by their threat.

Oh. Yeah. And the white supremacist pigs are slithering among them recruiting. Birds of a feather and all that.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:06 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I’m sure the British thought the same of the colonials. A bunch of ragged farmers....

Those people that you refer to as delusional are simply exercising their right. Just like you are for forming and expressing a opinion of calling them delusional. That’s covered under those other amendments. They have as much right to express their opinion as you do.

You ever wonder why in a big riot situation cops pull back and don’t engage the rioters? Look up the LA riots when the Rodney King verdict came out. Cops would of gotten their azzes handed to them by the rioters

Lol. You’re not anti gun? Could of fooled me. Btw a shotgun can do a whole lot of damage in a very short time. And reloading them isn’t really hard. At all. You’re not only uninformed about what guns are capable of doing you’re lying to yourself and everyone on this board when you say you’re not anti gun. Really.....please stop with you’re not anti gun because you grew up in Nebraska and shot a quail on opener day. Your whole post reeks of anti gun drivel.

The 2nd amendment isn’t about hunting. It never was. See our forefathers were a bunch of really really smart dudes. Smarter than most people today. See.....they lived under tyranny. We as a nation have no clue what is like to live under tyrant. Please don’t say we do because Americans don’t. The current situation is about as close as we are to tyranny. Which is laughable to even compare the two.
Banning semi-automatic weapons is not tyranny. What's wrong with you people? Are you that insecure that you have to carry around a loaded semi-automatic just to show that you can? you guys make this country look like some third world chithole.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Is that it? They didn't want to be disbursed? So they came armed to the teeth to keep our country's police from disbursing them? You would have kicked the "azzes" of the "cops"?

And again. Once again. You try to drag this conversation into pro/anti gun. Whatever anyone believes about guns, most, even in this thread (gun owners or not), think armed protesters are bizarre people. And that's the general consensus across this country (find your own links)

They didn't bring guns in place of placards. They brought guns to silence anyone who disagreed with them. They're bullies. They're compensating. And they couldn't debate on an intelligent level....thus, they toted guns to do this to the country:

Because they're incapable of ...well...anything but bullying.

Protest away....but put on your big boy pants and leave the guns at home so you don't threaten your neighbors. Yell your heads off, beat drums, blow horns. Just don't threaten to blow anyone away who disagrees with you. (That's the only reason for the presence of the weapons)

It's a cowards way. And all bullies are cowards.

Last edited by crusinsusan; 05-23-2020 at 09:36 PM..

Old 05-23-2020, 09:27 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
The extreme antis and the extreme pros are all in the same loony toons basket together. Fortunately most of us are rational.
Common sense is illegal nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
I think we should begin to recognize that threatening our local and state governments, as well as our citizenry, is an act of treason. The presence of weapons like rocket launchers and rifles is not only lunacy, but a threat.

Moreover, why are these mostly white people getting away with it? (We know why.)

I think we (meaning the sane) can all agree that if groups of blacks were stomping around with missile launchers in front of state capitals, etc., the response would be entirely different.
Say what?????

Old 05-23-2020, 09:54 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
Second wave of Covid-19 deaths.

Second shutdown.

More armed protesters.

Sooner or later, one of them will start shooting.

Cops will tell them to drop their weapons. If they refuse, the cops will gun them down.

Waco! Ruby Ridge! 2nd Amendment! Armed insurrection!

Keep your head down.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:59 PM

Far from the madding crowd.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:04 PM

15,425 posts, read 7,482,091 times
Quote:
The 2nd Amendment does not give people the right to own any weapon they want. I'm not anti-gun. I grew up hunting in Nebraska (mostly birdshot), but I never understood these loons that think that owning an AR-15 is a good thing. They have absolutely no utility other than to kill people. That mass murder that happened in Dayton last year involved a weapon that killed 9 people in 29 seconds, and injured over 20. A shotgun or a rifle could never do that kind of damage in 29 seconds. Semi-automatics should be banned.
AR-15's are actually a good thing. It's a great design that lends itself to a number of uses. They are great ranch rifles, especially for coyotes and feral hogs, they are very commonly used in competitive events, they can be made to be very accurate, on a par with a bolt action rifle, they are nearly indestructible, they are easy for small statured people to shoot, etc.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:12 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
People lugging around their guns in public, especially these semi-automatics, do this to intimidate people and to show off. There was a story a few years back about some nut in suburban Atlanta walking around a park with an AR-15 with a bunch of kids playing baseball. The parents freaked out, stopped the game and left because some dumbazz wanted to play the big man. Just because you can carry a gun doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it.
If someone carrying a gun makes wet yourself and a bunch of people freak out for absolutely no reason that’s not my problem. I guess I don’t wet myself because someone has a gun. Walking around with a gun isn’t illegal. Please stop with the theater.

Quote:
^"Those people that you refer to as delusional are simply exercising their right"

Nope. They're saying don't mess with us....we'll kill you. They're censoring others by their threat.

Oh. Yeah. And the white supremacist pigs are slithering among them recruiting. Birds of a feather and all that.
That’s not what they’re saying. What they're saying is they are tired of the totalitarian government basically treating citizens like subjects. Maybe that’s something you’re ok with. I’m glad to see there are still enough people who are gonna say Nope we’re not ok with this.You do understand what a protest is right. People have been protesting things they feel we’re or are unjust by protesting.

So gun owners are all white supremacist racist pigs? I’m a gun owner. I’m also a immigrant and naturalized citizen and a minority. But I don’t cry about it or beat my chest screaming how unfair the world is nor am or ever have been a racist. Sad thing is I understand and cherish my rights more than you ever will.

Quote:
Banning semi-automatic weapons is not tyranny. What's wrong with you people? Are you that insecure that you have to carry around a loaded semi-automatic just to show that you can? you guys make this country look like some third world chithole.
What’s wrong with us people? Correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t you just proclaiming not to be anti gun? So...it’s now you people. Interesting how you went from us to you people. So basically your other post was full of bull poop. Typical I guess.

I’m really about as secure as possible. I don’t need a gun to feel more secure. Now my wife who couldn’t fight off a 12 year old....yeah no problem having her carry. In fact the only time I carry is if I’m hunting or on long trips. Otherwise I don’t carry a gun....but I’m not going to infringe on someone elses right to carry a gun if they want to carry one.

We make this country look like a chithoke. Really? Who are you kidding.

Quote:
Is that it? They didn't want to be disbursed? So they came armed to the teeth to keep our country's police from disbursing them? You would have kicked the "azzes" of the "cops"?

And again. Once again. You try to drag this conversation into pro/anti gun. Whatever anyone believes about guns, most, even in this thread (gun owners or not), think armed protesters are bizarre people. And that's the general consensus across this country (find your own links)

They didn't bring guns in place of placards. They brought guns to silence anyone who disagreed with them. They're bullies. They're compensating. And they couldn't debate on an intelligent level....thus, they toted guns to do this to the country:

Because they're incapable of ...well...anything but bullying.

Protest away....but put on your big boy pants and leave the guns at home so you don't threaten your neighbors. Yell your heads off, beat drums, blow horns. Just don't threaten to blow anyone away who disagrees with you. (That's the only reason for the presence of the weapons)

It's a cowards way. And all bullies are cowards.

Oh please..why don’t you go back and read..I didn’t start the dance on anti gun argument. The bs post with I’m not a anti gun but here is my anti gun agenda with nobody needs a AR as the centerpiece of my argument. But.see...I’m one of you guys because I went hunting once. At least be truthful and say hey I’m against guns and AR15s specifically. At least at that point you’ll have my respect for standing up for your beliefs. Just like I’m standing up for mine. But don’t try to jerk me around give me some bs line I’m a gun owner too but I don’t believe you need a AR it’s only used for killing people. Which is a really stupid statement from a uninformed person.

But I guess it’s ok for gun owners to be called delusional, deranged, white supremacists, (I guess minorities owning guns is ok its only the white dudes who are racists). You need to stop wetting yourself because someone has a gun. Loaded or unloaded. They can carry a loaded gun all day long. They have the right to protest carrying it if they want to do so. That’s what the bill of rights is about. You’re probably too obtuse to understand anything past freedom of speech which to you translates to my beliefs and opinions are the only ones that matter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates