Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:23 PM

339 posts, read 707,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
It has to be longer. And then start digging to connect the Rio Grande to the Pacifc so as to build a moat complete with crocodiles.
No kidding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 01:34 PM

142 posts, read 272,941 times
theres a saying

whos dummer the idiot or the one that listens to the idiots

all these post just make me laugh

most of these people dont even knwow what they are saying they just like to hear themselves talk well at least i had a blast laughing at all the ignorant posts

Last edited by EDDIEISTAZ; 12-19-2008 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: spellin errors

Old 12-20-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIEISTAZ View Post
theres a saying

most of these people dont even knwow what they are saying they just like to hear themselves talk well at least i had a blast laughing at all the ignorant posts
So...regardless of our opinions in the "great debates" threads, we are all idiots? Or...Are just the ones who have a different opinion than you the idiots? I don't get what you are saying here.

What's your opinion of the fence? Is it "tear it down" or "leave it up"? Bring some insight to this thing. Thanks!

Old 12-20-2008, 01:15 PM

i dont really care if u build it or tear it down but get the facts if its built whos gonna build it, and how much is it gonna cost. If u tear it down think of the cost to tear it down. also have u notice a change in immigration becouse of the fence has i decreased or increased no one now cuz the fence is just a distraction

Old 12-20-2008, 01:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
i dont really care if u build it or tear it down but get the facts if its built whos gonna build it, and how much is it gonna cost. If u tear it down think of the cost to tear it down. also have u notice a change in immigration becouse of the fence has i decreased or increased no one now cuz the fence is just a distraction
The fence is almost completed.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Uh...like greatday says...it's almost complete, so we know who is going to build it (it's in progress as we speak). We also know how much it's going to cost (because it's in progress as we speak). And yes...I saw a video like a couple days ago that demonstrated its effectiveness (see above). The fence stopped numerous illegals with automatic weapons, stolen vehicles and large amounts of dope. It looked like it worked rather well to me.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:39 PM

great the fence stoped smuglers who werent gonna stay here. just one car do u know that to the smuglers thats acceptable loses becouse for everyone u catch ten pass by and now theyre building tunnels are u going to build an underground fence to?

Old 12-21-2008, 02:03 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
theres a saying

I'm sorry, I've tried not ask but what does "dummer" mean?

Old 12-21-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
great the fence stoped smuglers who werent gonna stay here. just one car do u know that to the smuglers thats acceptable loses becouse for everyone u catch ten pass by and now theyre building tunnels are u going to build an underground fence to?
Okay...I guess we need to beef it up even more then. I CAN also accept 1/10th. At that rate, we would have about 1.2 million less here right now. That's worth it to me. That's over 2 Seattles or nearly the population of Austin, TX. I think that's pretty good. Don't you?

And...It was multiple stolen SUV's and multiple crooks with a lot of dope and guns that didn't come in. Those types aren't going to drive through the border legally. The fence therefore...did it's job.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:30 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
Just get enough to pay taxes to support public schools and hospitals. If illegals did that I don't especially care either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates