Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 PM

814 posts, read 2,306,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoon View Post
It is obvious you have an agenda that has been repeated throughout this thread in which you obviously have an extremely low opinion of Black people that borders on the pathological and you use quite effectively an insidious reasoning to rationalize your disgust. There is no way that you intimately know the vagaries of middle and upper class blacks, since it seems preposterous to you that Black people are dynamic and just as diverse as White people. The supposed classless black you met in "500 land" can equally apply to the White RUBE who scrubbed up nicely with money and was able to hide their trailer park roots. But of course you don't see that since White people are so perfect and Blacks are nothing more than Satan's spawn.

There have been Black dynasties and not just the pheonoma of new money versus old money, but they are often hidden from many Whites because you aren’t their kind of people. Since I am privy to some of those types of people who are in fact middle, upper and “elite” class Blacks they alll certainly do not grab their crotch, flagrantly abuse the English language by carelessly using Ebonics nor do they brag about snagging a job through Affirmative Action, or listen to rap while their neighbor’s property taxes dwindle into oblivion because they’re so loud and taking up space with their low IQ, shoddy morals and crime stats.

It may surprise you to know some of these Blacks attended cotillions, know and appreciate the opera Fidelio and are even patrons of their city’s Opera House, can sprinkle their speech with Shakespeare, have traveled extensively throughout Europe is acquainted with a minor royal, can speak several languages with equal aplomb and can discuss a wide breath of topics that is not strictly related to pop fare from Vibe or King magazine. But I am sure you think that is as an unlikely occurrence as the startling possibility that Blacks are modern humans with the same faculties, feelings, and thoughts as Whites and not your garden variety Australopithecus afarensis bringing down the cultural curve of America.
insightful point. too bad the obvious has to be pointed out. any group can be economically successful but having class is definitely another matter and caucasians just as any group do not automatically behave with class or even sophistication. there may be different variations in behavior but it's all either unclassy or class.

stereotyping is a matter of popular opinion and what grabs the attention the most. i suppose since african-americans are a minority and the cultural mores are often very distinct and more physical, it is noticed more.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:15 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
With this historic turn of events, the first African American president, do you expect a rise in racial mixing? Will it ever come to the point where we will become one mixed race?
I think you will see more race mixing because each generation makes less and less an issue out of race. To the younger generations who voted in the last election, Obama's race wasn't a big deal. They're used to going to school or working along side different races. The older generations are the ones who seemed to have an issue with it. And if you want more evidence, look at entertainment. 10 or 20 years ago, having an interracial couple on the screen was controversial. Now, it's no big deal. And maybe as more and more people get used to seeing a black president, they'll worry less about a person's race.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:20 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I think you will see more race mixing because each generation makes less and less an issue out of race. To the younger generations who voted in the last election, Obama's race wasn't a big deal. They're used to going to school or working along side different races. The older generations are the ones who seemed to have an issue with it. And if you want more evidence, look at entertainment. 10 or 20 years ago, having an interracial couple on the screen was controversial. Now, it's no big deal. And maybe as more and more people get used to seeing a black president, they'll worry less about a person's race.

It didn't work in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, why would it work in the United States of America?

Old 03-02-2009, 03:28 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,482,755 times
Default Bad Analog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
It didn't work in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, why would it work in the United States of America?
Yeah, It didn't work in Germany after in the 20's and 30's. Wait a minute? duh. I forgot. duh. They were almost all white Germans and white Jews. Oh, I forgot. It was not the racial mixture it was because they had an insane individual who became dictator who had an irrational homocidal racism against jews.

The problem in Zimbabwe wasn't that it had both whites and blacks, it was because their "leader for life" Robert Mugabe became insane or Alzenheimer-ridden and he had a lot of greedy friends who could profit on it by getting land for free and running it into the ground because they didn't know how to farm as well as the professional farming community originally there.

By the way, on a personal note I'm a German-American myself but with an ancestor who married a Jew and I married an African woman - just to spite you! :-)

Old 03-02-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamba_boy View Post
Yeah, It didn't work in Germany after in the 20's and 30's. Wait a minute? duh. I forgot. duh. They were almost all white Germans and white Jews. Oh, I forgot. It was not the racial mixture it was because they had an insane individual who became dictator who had an irrational homocidal racism against jews.

The problem in Zimbabwe wasn't that it had both whites and blacks, it was because their "leader for life" Robert Mugabe became insane or Alzenheimer-ridden and he had a lot of greedy friends who could profit on it by getting land for free and running it into the ground because they didn't know how to farm as well as the professional farming community originally there.

By the way, on a personal note I'm a German-American myself but with an ancestor who married a Jew and I married an African woman - just to spite you! :-)

1- I don't regard Jews as White, they don't even regard themselves as White. They fought to be counted as White in the 20s, when it paid to be White, then 40-50 years later they fought to be other things. They are Turkic/Asiatic/Khazaric/Etc. The Sephardic Jews are almost identical in appearance to the Arabs who they claim to hate. Outsiders could scarcely tell them apart! They are whatever it is convenient for them to be. When it pays to be classified as White, they demand to be accepted as White. When White is no longer the "in thing" they want to be something separate. Very chameleon of them.

2- Obama has already made it clear he doesn't value the Constitution. There is already talk about amending the Constitution so he can have more than two terms, and he isn't even done with the first year of his present term! He's all but been declared a living saint! Mugabe had/has a youth corps and Obama has a youth force/movement. Not to mention Obama wants a "private national civilian security force" whatever that means...

Old 03-02-2009, 03:42 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:

2- Obama has already made it clear he doesn't value the Constitution. There is already talk about amending the Constitution so he can have more than two terms, and he isn't even done with the first year of his present term! He's all but been declared a living saint! Mugabe had/has a youth corps and Obama has a youth force/movement. Not to mention Obama wants a "private national civilian security force" whatever that means...
With the racial issues you have, it must really burn your but to have a black president. Huh, that never crossed my mind for folk that are racially aware until now.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
races may mix but classes will become more divided not less. when there is lots of money we are all middle class. when we see the money nobody is to blame, we are all very understanding, everybody gets the 2nd chance.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
With the racial issues you have, it must really burn your but to have a black president. Huh, that never crossed my mind for folk that are racially aware until now.
He's not my president, so it doesn't bother me that much. I haven't had a president in a while.

Obama is no more my president than George W Bush was my president. They're all bought and paid for by the globalist elites.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:45 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,551,910 times
When I attended an equal opportunity course they thought us that there are three major racial groups: white, black, and asian.

However, I have read this is in dispute by different experts on the field. In the course I contended why people get so hung up with race and just think as the human race.

To me that it is no big deal if people from different races mix. To answer the question I think there may be a rise in race mixing and that is just fine with me. I have not problem with that at all.

As a matter of fact in the caribbean island when I went to do some work my fellow Soldiers and I agreed that those island have the most beautiful women and men in the world. Those island were stop over when europeans conquered the Americas and just about all races mixed over there and today you can see the result, gorgeous people that are the combination of white, black, and asian looks.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 03-02-2009, 03:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
He's not my president, so it doesn't bother me that much. I haven't had a president in a while.

Obama is no more my president than George W Bush was my president. They're all bought and paid for by the globalist elites.
That's probably true but he's still the pres of the US. And since the US does have a white majority, for now, that's something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates