Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 01:38 AM

261 posts, read 943,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
The word...UM!!!
Or when people respond with " I dunno", before thinking or even trying to think of the actual answer to any given question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 05:24 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
The last post reminds me of one: Why are you asking ME where YOU left something? If you had it last, then I probably did NOT touch it. I always answer with, "I threw it away."

"It was just laying around, so I threw it away." Usually, people get it pretty quick that it's the same as "I dunno."--because why would I? Your things are NOT *my* responsibility.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:14 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
After a long night at work and being irritated with some of my coworkers, I can add a couple more:

People who brag about everything they have (or, everything their parents give them), and tell you how better they are than you because they have more 'stuff' than you that they didn't even earn themselves

People who have to 'one-up' everything (If you have a cold, they have malaria; if you're taking a weekend trip up north, they're going to Sicily and Paris for a month)

Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The last post reminds me of one: Why are you asking ME where YOU left something? .
I dunno. I found that I pretty often knew the answer to that queston. "I think I saw it next to the bathroom sink".

-------------

Here's one. People who think something in their town is the best in the world. "You've just got to see our mall".

After asking me about six TV shows that I've never heard of, my sister says "I can't even talk to you---you don't know ANYthing." I guess I'm her pet peeve. She never asks me about Milton Friedman.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:48 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
She never asks me about Milton Friedman.
Pretty smart woman.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Pretty smart woman.
Good point. She thinks Milton Friedman starred in "Driving Miss Daisy". She's a big Packer fan, and calls the forner head coach "Mike Hologram".

Old 06-09-2009, 04:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
I like the people who cut in front of me right before we get to a red light so that I can't make a free right turn but have to wait through a whole traffic-light cycle and read their bumperstickers, which say things like

If You Want Peace, Work for Justice

or

Well-Behaved Women Never Make History

or

My Other Car is a Travois

(I made that last one up)

Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
California driver laws give pedestrians the right of way. One of my biggest pet peeves are drivers not yielding the right of way to pedestrians who have a "walk" signal. Drivers can make a right-hand turn at many intersections on red so why cut a pedestrian off when they have such a small window to cross? It's not like we have unlimited time on our hands as many of us are crossing to make a bus connection. I've even had two police cars do this and I so badly wished that I could have taken down their vehicle number to report them.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:02 AM

530 posts, read 650,108 times
People who drive in the passing lane. It's ok if your going faster but if you are not, move!
People who smoke in cars with kids/ other people- this is child abuse!
Anyone who goes door to door trying to talk/sell me on something...preachers included!
While we are on the subject, street preachers. If i want to hear you preach, i'll come to your church
Rude people in the service industry who act like you asking them to do their job is an inconvience!
Wow! I could go on for days, but i won't!
Ok...just one more, people who say "like" every other word.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
California driver laws give pedestrians the right of way.:
I walk everywhere, and I NEVER cross at intersections. In the middle of the block, I have to watch for cars coming from two directions. but at a corner, they can come at you from four directions. When there is a walk sign, you still have to dodge turning cars that have a green. Or people who are turning right on red, and are looking in the opposite direction to see if traffic is coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates