Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 02:54 PM

442 posts, read 966,050 times

Advertisements

I wanted to get off the immigration and such for awhile.
So here it goes, my daughter is 19-20 in December-and is still a virgin. Now the debate is did I pound into her too much that it is the one thing that boys want after a date or its because it is the only thing you can truely give your husband that noone else has. I don't know if I have done right by her, she has yet to keep a boyfriend over 6 months. I know she is young, but I was married by her age.

Opinions do matter here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 03:58 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
My youngest sister has stayed a virgin, for at least the first 20 years of her life.

Now, she isn't the smallest girl in the world either, I hesitate to call her fat, because she isn't super big, but big enough I guess.

My other sister was fooling around at 15, and she was a beauty queen several times.

I would advise anyone who is going to be married, to have sex before marriage. Seriously, how happy would a woman be if she found out her husband was, well, less than adequate in the bedroom?

Sex is an important part to a long lasting relationship. Women who are unsatisfied at home, will likely find what they need outside of that marriage, just as men do. Its not a pretty truth, but its often the truth. We don't live in a pretty world.

I'm not saying staying a virgin is bad, hell I look up to anyone that can hold out until they have found "the one". But, as I said before, if you're engaged, and you know you're getting married, I'd go ahead and start. Marriage is supposed to be forever, and you wouldn't want to spend forever with someone you aren't happy with, physically and emotionally.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:03 PM

61,745 posts, read 87,217,162 times
I would advise anyone who is going to be married, to have sex before marriage. Seriously, how happy would a woman be if she found out her husband was, well, less than adequate in the bedroom?

Sex is an important part to a long lasting relationship. Women who are unsatisfied at home, will likely find what they need outside of that marriage, just as men do. Its not a pretty truth, but its often the truth. We don't live in a pretty world.

I agree... if someone is really, REALLY serious about getting married.
Otherwise is like buying a a pig in a poke.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:03 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times
As a young man, my attitude was that I'd never buy a car without taking it for a test drive first, right?

I'm now a father of a 4 y.o. girl.

My greatest fear is that someday, a boy, much like I was, will show up. (I'm gonna have to hurt the little SOB!)

The universe has ways of getting even with us....

Old 05-05-2010, 04:06 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,624,858 times
Met my wife when she was 18, I was 32, her second lover. We split up because she wanted to experience life for awhile, we had always remained friends. We married 9 years later. Neither of us regret a thing, we will have our ten yr anniversary in a few months.

We all bring something to the table (bed) I am glad she experienced other men.

In my years of dating, a virgin got three dates. Not worth spending anymore time or money on them

Old 05-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Okay, maybe I should add--she is not fat and is what my older son says "built like a brickhouse" by not fat I mean she is 90lbs soaking wet. She is not ugly, but not real pretty. She has great skin for a teenager and is self-confident.
I agree sex is a major part of a marriage, you spend more time in bed with them then any other way. But why make sex more important than say communication?

Old 05-05-2010, 04:11 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Step one: Search your soul and determine honestly what things you did in life that you regret, and what things you don't,, with all the benefit of hindsight.

Step two: Tell her.

Step three: Let her take that and run with it.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:13 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,624,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsplntfrmNV View Post
But why make sex more important than say communication?
It has been discussed before that men do not listen to women until after there has been sex. Of course many women believe men shut down communication after sex.

I believe sex is just a different form of communication, a better form.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
It has been discussed before that men do not listen to women until after there has been sex. Of course many women believe men shut down communication after sex.

I believe sex is just a different form of communication, a better form.
Right on...that is how I received 2 round trip tickets for a Carribbian cruise. There was great communication that night.

JTur88 I have done just that...I thought maybe someone may mention something that I had not thought of.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Congratulations on getting your daughter through her teen years with her virtue in tact. That is great. But, here is what I think after having been on the planet for 60+ years. At some point in the life of a woman..I'm thinking college age, celibacy is more of a detriment than a virtue. What if your daughter doesn't get married until she's in her 30s or 40s? Women enjoy sex just as much as men. To continue to deny this past the age when you are mature enough to choose a partner responsibly and protect yourself from unwanted consequences is just not normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates