Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 12:59 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,211,281 times

Advertisements

Getting back to the orig question.....

I think roughly a serving of meat a day (preferably not red) is probably a good ballpark, but haven't researched, and am not a doctor. I don't even play one on TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 01:06 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
P.E.T.A
People Eating Tasty Animals...."Rick and Bubba"

Anyway it up to the person, how they were brought up...

A few years ago there was an assault on Salt...salt will kill ya...

Same thing with eggs....eggs ARE BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD don't eat eggs...................

However, now in moderation they are both o.k. and meat will follow the same...BUT that goes for everything...

This phase of meat is bad will also pass....with time, meat eaters will alwyas be around.

Someone somewhere has to ALWAYS have something to complain about...

Old 05-15-2010, 06:48 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,859,501 times
LOL @ a big mac curing your headache. There is nothing in there but corn and binders and a little low quality meat and a little feedlot feces.

i don't think that people are arguing that meat is unhealthy or that people are supposed to be herbavores. it is what "eating meat" has largely turned into in the USA.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:18 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Many years ago, I went to an accupuncturist who was trained in China. He took a complete medical history and did some tests. Part of the medical history had to do with diet. I told him, right up front, that I'm a carnivore, I eat red meat because my body needs it, and I wasn't going to stop. He said, "Good!" because, based on his tests, I needed to eat meat. (Something about heat.) He also said that a lot of people came to him with health issues and with a predetermined idea of what Chinese medicine is about, and that they were quite shocked (especially the vegetarians) when he told them, "What you probably need is a cheeseburger." Because Chinese medicine is about achieving balance, and sometimes that's exactly what you need to achieve that balance, depending on your own, unique body and, here, a Big Mac is the quickest way to get it.

So it may not be as odd and funny as it sounds that a Big Mac would cure a headache.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:34 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Certain animals are for human consumtion. A doctor of mine told me it was NOT what I ate but HOW much of what I ate. The body needs a variety and NOT a steady diet of just one thing...all veggies or all meat.

Personally I have tried to go without a meat diet and after a while start to get a headache...will stop in for a Big mac and 20 mins later the headache is gone...also seem to have more energy...whatever it takes I suppose.

Steve
Are you sure you're not Anemic? I am and when my iron is low I get pounding headaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living