Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 07:16 PM

241 posts, read 237,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Carroll's Bellemeade deck is back on the table. I knew the city wasn't that dumb.

Bellemeade parking deck is back on the table | Gnr | greensboro.com

Good stuff. I really hope this project gets off te ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 08:21 PM

32 posts, read 27,811 times
I also hope that the deck, hotel, and office project moves forward. I give Roy Carroll tremendous credit for going for Project 561, but it seems that the city is pressing him to move forward with whatever is realistic at this time. The parking deck article talks about the possibility of the tallest building in the triad, but not 561 ft.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:12 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRay324 View Post
I also hope that the deck, hotel, and office project moves forward. I give Roy Carroll tremendous credit for going for Project 561, but it seems that the city is pressing him to move forward with whatever is realistic at this time. The parking deck article talks about the possibility of the tallest building in the triad, but not 561 ft.
Definitely good news. Looks like the height is not set in stone. Really depends on how the tower will be configured. More office? Or more residential? If he goes with the later, 561 height is realistic due to demand for downtown apartments.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:03 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,599 times
That design has grown on me, i'm excited it's back.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:09 AM

171 posts, read 159,136 times
Wow this is awesome news lets get them built !! Found out today i am moving back to greensboro from charlotte. Hopefully i can find a place downtown in the next few months.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv2015 View Post
Wow this is awesome news lets get them built !! Found out today i am moving back to greensboro from charlotte. Hopefully i can find a place downtown in the next few months.
Cool. There are a number of options downtown. If you are looking for apartments, the largest complexes are CityView at Southside, The Greenway at Fisher Park, The Greenway at Stadium Park, the Lofts at Greensborough Court and other apartments in renovated.buildings. They all have great amenities. I am a resident in one of those complexes and I can tell you it's a great place to live.

I'm glad the city is rethinking this through. I kind of agree with Carroll that the city got scared off because of the situation that happened with the future Westin/city Deck. Just did not make sense to go with another option building a stand alone lack luster deck taking up prime real estate on the opposite corner of the ballpark. That's how cities built decks in the 1990s and it was an option not thought through very well.

Like I said, the removal of that odd spire on Carroll's building really improved the design and I think it looks great.

This also dispells the myth on the forums that the city backed out because they didn't think Carroll's project was realistic.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 05-11-2018 at 11:37 AM..

Old 05-11-2018, 07:54 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,055,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post

This also dispells the myth on the forums that the city backed out because they didn't think Carroll's project was realistic.
No it doesn't. And Carroll's project isn't realistic. Only now, the city has been duped into going back to the table. So now, not only will the city NOT get Project 561, but they appear to be on their way to losing Project Slugger. Oh well.

This likely has more to do with not wanting to upset Carroll and/or covering their rears because while the correct decision was made, the procedure wasn't correct.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
No it doesn't. And Carroll's project isn't realistic. Only now, the city has been duped into going back to the table. So now, not only will the city NOT get Project 561, but they appear to be on their way to losing Project Slugger. Oh well.

This likely has more to do with not wanting to upset Carroll and/or covering their rears because while the correct decision was made, the procedure wasn't correct.
I don't know if we can say it's not realistic if we don't know all the details. Like I've been saying post after post, height doesn't necessarily mean office.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:05 PM

171 posts, read 159,136 times
[quote=gsoboi78;51864367]Cool. There are a number of options downtown. If you are looking for apartments, the largest complexes are CityView at Southside, The Greenway at Fisher Park, The Greenway at Stadium Park, the Lofts at Greensborough Court and other apartments in renovated.buildings. They all have great amenities. I am a resident in one of those complexes and I can tell you it's a great place to live.[quote]

Thanks for the info me and my wife are on the waiting list for the Lofts at Greensborough court. It seems the most laid back that i have checked out so far. I can't wait to study or work at Green bean since it will be a block away.

Old 05-12-2018, 03:08 AM

[quote=Nerv2015;51869849][quote=gsoboi78;51864367]Cool. There are a number of options downtown. If you are looking for apartments, the largest complexes are CityView at Southside, The Greenway at Fisher Park, The Greenway at Stadium Park, the Lofts at Greensborough Court and other apartments in renovated.buildings. They all have great amenities. I am a resident in one of those complexes and I can tell you it's a great place to live.
Quote:

Thanks for the info me and my wife are on the waiting list for the Lofts at Greensborough court. It seems the most laid back that i have checked out so far. I can't wait to study or work at Green bean since it will be a block away.

You'll love it. Right on Elm Street so restaurants and your job will literally be steps outside your apartment. Certainly saves on gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point