Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 04:41 PM

398 posts, read 499,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Not petty or small-minded...just too smart to keep falling for the same package of excrement. It's a well-documented situation in the Triad that Winston-Salem got shafted in the airport deal, and it won't be happening again anytime soon.
Really? I grew up in G'boro, and lived in W-S for 8 years and I'm not familiar with the situation you describe. A Goggle search didn't turn up anything. I'd appreciate any background you can provide to enlighten me. The airport is governed by a board that includes W-S and Forsyth County representation...sounds like your issue is with them.

Quote:
As I understand it W-S is concentrating on gaining more passenger operations out of Smith-Reynolds and increasing its usage in the area. What is petty and small minded is anyone thinking that PTI could squeeze anymore $$$ out of W-S!
More passenger operations? What existing passenger operations are there now?

Quote:
You can call it whatever you want, but apparently you don't know enough about the past or present dealings with PTI and Winston-Salem to speak about it. I zoom right to Charlotte Douglas when I fly anyway...it's about 15 minutes further with direct flights to everywhere I need to go.
Good for you! Why would you imagine I care which airport you fly out of of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 04:45 PM

398 posts, read 499,516 times
Quote:
Then you should look into the past dealings between the two cities if you want to understand it rather than disparaging people for knowing more about it than you do. And that was exactly what "the poster" was talking about - incentives from Winston-Salem to PTI.
LOL, well I asked you you that question (since you used the word "investment" not incentive originally, and got no real response. As I said, I wouldn't expect W-S to provide an incentive if receive no direct repayment.

And I'm not at all convinced you know more about anything than me., but I did ask you to provide some explanation in mu other post. I guess we'll see what you have to say...not much substance I imagine.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:24 PM

6,165 posts, read 7,248,557 times
Here is the planned airport taxiway bridge over a future segment of I-73

This website shows on going construction of I-73 in the airport area

http://www.gribblenation.net/i7374nc/i73seg2.html
http://www.gribblenation.net/i7374nc/i73seg4.html

Last edited by gsoboi78; 04-12-2016 at 08:41 PM..

Old 04-13-2016, 08:24 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,489,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Here is the planned airport taxiway bridge over a future segment of I-73

This website shows on going construction of I-73 in the airport area

I-73 Segments 2 and 3
I-73 Segments 4 and 5
Oh wow! I didn't realize it was going to be a taxiway bridge for the airport. That is interesting!

Old 04-15-2016, 09:30 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,586,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Delta uses Atlanta connections no matter the airport.

I, for one, use PTI quite a bit. Only reason why I didn't use it on my last plane ride was, simply, it was cheaper flying out of Raleigh. However I did choose a flight that had connections in Atlanta, where as the rides out of PTI were direct flights. Other than that, I would always choose PTI, simply because it's a lot more convenient than having to drive down to Charlotte or Raleigh.
Got that right. I don't want to drive another 1.5 hours after getting off a long plane ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point