Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,871,103 times

Advertisements

Just wondering, based on another thread here, if Berea might be the place to look for an authentic Mexican restaurant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 03:36 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,871,103 times
How is Acapulco? It got very good reviews online.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:37 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,138,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
El Tejano Mexican Restaurant in Simpsonville is very good eats also. I have eaten at many a Mexican restaurants and I feel that they have to Americanize the food to the point that they all end up tasting the same.
I agree 100%. Rosie and her family do a great job. They make their salsa fresh each day. Some days it is a little warmer than other days.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
How is Acapulco? It got very good reviews online.
Acapulco is one of the Mexican restaurants I frequent most often as it's not that far from where I live. I've always had good service, and I've usually enjoyed everything I've ordered. It's managed to last in that location for a while now, so I'm guessing that others think it's pretty decent too.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Has anybody tried this place yet: The Reedy River Recessionista: The Local Taco

Old 01-06-2013, 08:56 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
I tried Monterrey tonight. The ambience, atmosphere and decor was nice. The food was okay. It was spicer than I liked. The server was below average in remembering and communicating the order well and slow with drink refills. The price was higher than other Monterrey locations and Mexican restaurants I have eaten at. It was nice to try this location out for the first time. I will head back to my preferred Mexican restaurant next time.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM

63 posts, read 164,122 times
I haven't tried the new Monterrey, I hope it is good. I also like La Reata , they make great salsa and the owner is very nice and personable but the ambiance is less then desirable. (good for a quick lunch but not a sit down dinner on a special occasion, which is usually when I go out for dinner.)

Old 01-07-2013, 07:06 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Has anybody tried this place yet: The Reedy River Recessionista: The Local Taco
Tried it today for lunch. Good, not great, a bit pricey. We went around 1, was expecting it to be packed and it was surprisingly empty, only about four tables with people at them. Had the chiken tinja enchilada platter with mole sauce, very tasty. Two sides were Mexican tater Tots, very bland and Jalapeno cole slaw, fresh, but again, bland. My better half had the fried fish tacos with Mexican rice; said it was very tasty. The one major complaint form us was that there was no salsa bar, in fact, no salsa anywhere, if you wanted it, you had to order and pay for it. Those two lunched cost $18.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany1776 View Post
I haven't tried the new Monterrey, I hope it is good. I also like La Reata , they make great salsa and the owner is very nice and personable but the ambiance is less then desirable. (good for a quick lunch but not a sit down dinner on a special occasion, which is usually when I go out for dinner.)
It's just like every other Monterrey, or Corona, or Mr. Salsa or virtually every other "Mexican" restaurant that serves over salted, uninspiring food with canned salsa in the Upstate. On a positive note, the decor is quite nice.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 AM

285 posts, read 457,499 times
SabBullBoxer31 on Woodruff Rd. Salsas and guac from scratch. Quality ingredients, very good pricing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area