Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2024, 09:15 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times

Advertisements

Months ago, I spoke with a Costco employee who said that the intensely high level of business at Costco Greenville, as well as knowledge that people driving from as far as Asheville to use Greenville Costco, had led to plans being discussed for an additional location somewhere in the area. Just a rumor I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 10:04 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Months ago, I spoke with a Costco employee who said that the intensely high level of business at Costco Greenville, as well as knowledge that people driving from as far as Asheville to use Greenville Costco, had led to plans being discussed for an additional location somewhere in the area. Just a rumor I know.
I would think going to the Spartanburg store would be easier for someone in Asheville. Not to mention te savings would be minimal, unless they really loaded up.

I will say I think Simpsonville, on the city side, not Woodruff rd side, would be a good area for either a Costco or Sams.

Old 01-12-2024, 08:02 PM

328 posts, read 1,196,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I would think going to the Spartanburg store would be easier for someone in Asheville. Not to mention te savings would be minimal, unless they really loaded up.

I will say I think Simpsonville, on the city side, not Woodruff rd side, would be a good area for either a Costco or Sams.
Maybe somewhere in the vicinity of Fairview Road. I know the traffic in that area is already bad. But that area can certainly support a Costco.

Old 01-13-2024, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
Maybe somewhere in the vicinity of Fairview Road. I know the traffic in that area is already bad. But that area can certainly support a Costco.
It was rumored years ago that the old, what was it Winn Dixie, the one behind Coachhouse and Milanos, that was going to be torn down for a new Sams, but nothing ever came of that. Theres a couple of lots of Georgia that could easliy fit a Costco.

Since we are on the subject, I spoke with a city official from Fountian Inn yesterday. Harris Teeter has been in contact with the city about permits and such needed for building in the city limits. Thats all he would say. I suspect this would be the site where Fountain Inn Frozen Foods was, and Publix and Lowes was rumored to build.

Old 01-13-2024, 01:14 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post

Since we are on the subject, I spoke with a city official from Fountian Inn yesterday. Harris Teeter has been in contact with the city about permits and such needed for building in the city limits. Thats all he would say. I suspect this would be the site where Fountain Inn Frozen Foods was, and Publix and Lowes was rumored to build.
Is there anything going on at that site yet? Isn't there supposed to be apartments going up as well?

Old 01-13-2024, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Is there anything going on at that site yet? Isn't there supposed to be apartments going up as well?
Nothing that I saw earlier today, but I had forgotten to look when we went by until the last minute. The apartments your referring to, I think, were up at the next exit, near the Bailey Plant. I mentioned in the Fountian Walk thread below that project is dead. There was a rumor it could be revived, and moved down next to where the HT "will" be.

Old 04-15-2024, 02:54 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
The speculation is now over, as Wegmans has officially announced it is coming to Charlotte, in the Ballantyne region. Long predicted after expanding from Virginia to the Triangle.

So does that mean they may eventually move down to the Upstate? Only time will tell. But meanwhile I know some transplanted northerners who will be planning some visits to Charlotte.

Personally I prefer Harris Teeter for prepared foods, hot bars and chicken, but for some Wegmans is a gamechanger.

Old 04-16-2024, 04:04 PM

328 posts, read 1,196,524 times
I love Wegmans but not enough to drive to Charlotte to visit one. I’ll wait until they come to Greenville. I think it will eventually happen in the future.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:40 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
I love Wegmans but not enough to drive to Charlotte to visit one. I’ll wait until they come to Greenville. I think it will eventually happen in the future.
LOL> No way I'm driving to Charlotte either for a supermarket especially when we have so many good ones here. I can hardly stand to drive to Charlotte now on 85 and 77 to visit family with all the traffic.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:39 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
LOL> No way I'm driving to Charlotte either for a supermarket especially when we have so many good ones here. I can hardly stand to drive to Charlotte now on 85 and 77 to visit family with all the traffic.
Well the Wegmans fanboys in Charlotte already drive from there to Raleigh to visit Wegmans and I know some folks here in the Upstate that say they are waiting for Wegmans to come to Charlotte. I am glad they are coming but I too am satisfied with Harris Teeter, Publix, and Lowe's Foods. Whatever your preference may be ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area