Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 06:23 AM

186 posts, read 358,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
You are definitely hearing things. The Fresh Market has been interested in a second Greenville store for years. The end result of not adding a store on Woodruff Road was the relocation of its North Hills store on East North Street to South Pleasantburg Drive.
Derp. I got my info from the same "insider" who said the ink was dry on the contract for Trader Joe's building their first Greenville store next to Costco in Magnolia Park a few years ago. Done deal, the bulldozers were breaking ground in two weeks. Sorry 'bout that.
I think I'll sit over here and shut the heck up for a while!

Old 11-20-2013, 08:12 AM

557 posts, read 864,683 times
Sports Bar, Local Cue Greenville, SC The Local Cue.... Saw this yesterday on Haywood Road.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:00 PM

177 posts, read 470,681 times
Default Shortfields in TR

OK lets see where to begin. Over 5 minutes sitting at the bar waiting for someone to take our drink order. Didn't tell us the soup of the day or if they even had specials I had a smoked brisket sandwich. Sure didn't seem smoked to me. Maybe if the called it their twist on a corned beef ruben that would have been closer. Amy had a Cuban not the classic hand sliced ham. It was deli sliced. That sandwich wasn't too bad and the bread was good. The fries must be frozen, or they need some help with pre-frying their fries. Who uses frozen fries with $9 sandwiches? Nothing tasted fresh made there except maybe the white wings, chicken tenders wrapped around pepperjack with a slice of jalapeno and wrapped in bacon. 4 for $8 and 1 didn't have any cheese. The girl waiting on us left after serving us and set down at the table next to us and ate lunch. Major pet pev for me! And she let the girl that took over think we had our bill and we had to tell her part of what we had so she could close us out. This was 2 PM on a Sat. A table she was waiting on she didn't even clear there plates. Doubt this one will last long. Not sure we'll be back to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shortfields

Old 11-22-2013, 06:28 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
The BP on W. Georgia Rd and Standing Springs in Simpsonville reopened this evening and is now operated by Spinx. They are still selling BP gasoline. $3.12 a gallon this evening.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:42 AM

192 posts, read 429,437 times
"Le Peep" shows NOW OPEN in the former Zone sports bar location near Pelham/I85 in the same shopping center as Five Guys.

From their menu, it may be just what this area needed for some breakfast variety!

Le Peep Restaurants - Food & Drink Menu - Le Delicious

Old 12-10-2013, 12:48 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Meh, the food is decent, but otherwise this national chain restaurant is not special in my opinion. We rarely dine out for breakfast, so we try to make it memorable (in a good way). A suburban Le Peep is not our cup of tea.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:18 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbarth View Post
"Le Peep" shows NOW OPEN in the former Zone sports bar location near Pelham/I85 in the same shopping center as Five Guys.

From their menu, it may be just what this area needed for some breakfast variety!

Have never been impressed with La Peep as a chain. They seem like a mediocre "also ran" for small cities that can't get a La Madeleine.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:40 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times
Quote:

Are you kidding me? That is WONDERFUL news! There was a Le Peep in the town in Illinois I moved here from, and I live close to this one. I'm excited as I have not found very many places that I care to go out to for breakfast. You may have just made my day!

Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Meh, the food is decent, but otherwise this national chain restaurant is not special in my opinion. We rarely dine out for breakfast, so we try to make it memorable (in a good way). A suburban Le Peep is not our cup of tea.
Agreed, tried the one on Columbia on our way down to the beach this summer and it was just ok. OPH is waaaay better.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:21 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:

At first read my mind saw it as La Peep Show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area