Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2019, 05:37 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times

Advertisements

More info here: https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...on/4253635002/

Old 11-25-2019, 06:10 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Sad that Hallmark stores and other card shops seem to be steady disappearing. Easley was lucky to still have one. But right you can find the ornaments at big box stores like Target and Kohl's and a line of their cards can be found at Dollar Tree stores now.

Old 11-25-2019, 07:44 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Darnit! Are they going to expand out and do free standing buildings like the new Chic Fil La in Hamrick's Plaza? I am trying to figure out how they can fit all those new stores in there? I guess some folks are leaving or being re-positioned in the Town and Country center?
I've heard the Groucho's is closing and they were apparently unable to find a way to stay in the new center. There seem to be conflicting reports about the Hallmark store - not sure if it is moving to a new spot or closing completely. Once those two move, it opens the whole end of the center that used to house the JC Penney.

Old 11-25-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
At least they are closing one curbcut by Bank of America and making the one by Pandora's Box right in only.
They need to close the one by Pandora's Box completely - the signalized entrance is just a feet away from there. I would really like to see a right turn lane installed across the street next to the Wendy's but I don't think there is room. Traffic frequently backs up there with people going straight into the center having to wait for the light and people behind them turning right forced to wait as well.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:33 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
They need to close the one by Pandora's Box completely - the signalized entrance is just a feet away from there. I would really like to see a right turn lane installed across the street next to the Wendy's but I don't think there is room. Traffic frequently backs up there with people going straight into the center having to wait for the light and people behind them turning right forced to wait as well.
Agreed but right in only is fine there I think since it will lessen the people waiting at the light. There is room to do a right turn lane there but they would have to purchase some land from Burger King and reconfigure their parking lot in front a little. They should also remove the Wendy's curbcuts and have everyone enter and exit from Biltmore Road.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:33 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
I've heard the Groucho's is closing and they were apparently unable to find a way to stay in the new center. There seem to be conflicting reports about the Hallmark store - not sure if it is moving to a new spot or closing completely. Once those two move, it opens the whole end of the center that used to house the JC Penney.
They are both closing per the Greenvilleonline article posted above.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
They are both closing per the Greenvilleonline article posted above.
They show Hallmark on the pdf from the property management company so that's why I said there were conflicting reports.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Agreed but right in only is fine there I think since it will lessen the people waiting at the light. There is room to do a right turn lane there but they would have to purchase some land from Burger King and reconfigure their parking lot in front a little. They should also remove the Wendy's curbcuts and have everyone enter and exit from Biltmore Road.
Any time you have people turning right, it stops the flow of traffic behind them. I'd be okay with leaving it if the turn was made from a dedicated turn lane instead of from the right lane of traffic flow. I'd much rather see the space used to create a dedicated long turning lane for traffic turning into the center from the red light. You could move most of that traffic out of the right lane and improve traffic flow.

Since the Burger King is relocating, it would be the ideal time to rework the intersection with Biltmore Road. I think it is unlikely to happen, though.

I agree that the Wendy's curb cut onto US 123 should be removed. I'd link the back of their parking lot to the Sherwin Williams next door. The Sherwin Williams lot is already connected to the Karate place which is connected to Hibachi Boy. You could cut the current 5 curb cuts there down to a single entrance / exit that services all of those stores. In an ideal world, the service road for the library could give access to those businesses and eliminate all of those curb cuts.

Bowen Ave / Stewart Dr could be used to give access to the next strip of businesses and you could eliminate all the curb cuts up past the Sonic as well. If some thought was put into it, you could greatly improve traffic flow on 123 without a huge cost.

Old 11-26-2019, 12:18 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Site grading has started here: https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/MNg7R...4/document.pdf

Old 11-30-2019, 06:06 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Crabby's Cajun opens at noon tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area