Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 03:49 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Well interesting thread for me to see today! I have posted in here before about this..but long time ago. We moved to Greenville quite a while back & kind of did regret it for our own personal reasons. We moved away & back home. We kind of are now again.....just today thinking to possibly move back & try it again.
How long ago did you leave? Where are you moving back from? If it was a long time ago and your haven't been here in a while, you are going to be in for a surprise. Things have changed alot. What were the personal reasons that you left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 07:19 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,209,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
How long ago did you leave? Where are you moving back from? If it was a long time ago and your haven't been here in a while, you are going to be in for a surprise. Things have changed alot. What were the personal reasons that you left?
I know! I actually have some friends that live there now that keep me apprised on the changes. We lived there from 4/2007-9/2008. As for where we moved to we came back to NY..but we lived in So. fla for a while as well. We left to go back to family really. But sadly the important people we have here have passed on. We did leave for another reason. But won't discuss that. Actually one of my friends that lives there I actually met in this forum! When she was asking about moving down to Greenville from up here.

It's a toss up right now. Either Greenville or back to Weston,Fl. Weston right now is ahead 60/40. Depends on certain job transfer. If it goes through it's Florida.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 887 times
Does anyone think Greenville Family Court is crooked and biased. Also, anyone had bad experiences with money hungry Guardian ad Litems not doing the job they are well paid for?

Old 02-27-2019, 01:51 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,329,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddiebones View Post
Does anyone think Greenville Family Court is crooked and biased. Also, anyone had bad experiences with money hungry Guardian ad Litems not doing the job they are well paid for?
Probably no more "crooked" or "biased" than any other court. It's government.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:43 AM

52 posts, read 85,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALOVE View Post
I have read such wonderful things about the Greenville area. Is their anyone who has moved to Greenville, or the suburbs, from out of state and come to regret that decision? If so, why?
A little. Main Street and surrounding area is wonderful. Outside of that its very average and forgettable, or unforgettable but for bad reasons. Its not awful, just not what we had hopes.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:40 AM

446 posts, read 415,725 times
Zero regrets here. Love the area even more now than I did when I moved here 25 years ago. Sure traffic is worse, but not still not even close to as bad as the other areas I've lived in.

Downtown gets better and better and still love the proximity to the mountains as well as not being all that far from the beach. Taxes are low and, while increasing, home prices still affordable. Plenty of great dining options. And despite being in the South, still the full range of seasons.

I'll admit that downtown is the main draw overall though. Still just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling like I'm on a vacation every time I go.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:09 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,451,751 times
We don’t regret it at all. Be prepared though, you’ll always be a “northerner”, as I was reminded by someone at church last night. (Nans, don’t you say a word!)

Old 02-28-2019, 11:18 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,872,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWP69 View Post
Zero regrets here. Love the area even more now than I did when I moved here 25 years ago. Sure traffic is worse, but not still not even close to as bad as the other areas I've lived in.

Downtown gets better and better and still love the proximity to the mountains as well as not being all that far from the beach. Taxes are low and, while increasing, home prices still affordable. Plenty of great dining options. And despite being in the South, still the full range of seasons.

I'll admit that downtown is the main draw overall though. Still just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling like I'm on a vacation every time I go.
Yes! Same here. And I will admit that when we first came, until we saw downtown, I was bit dismayed and wondered what all of the fuss was about. But great things happening all over- I am especially excited about all of the new businesses coning to Laurens Rd, and the extension of the Swamp Rabbit Trail, which I will be able to ride on to those businesses!

Old 02-28-2019, 03:23 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,947,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
We don’t regret it at all. Be prepared though, you’ll always be a “northerner”, as I was reminded by someone at church last night. (Nans, don’t you say a word!)
And after 40 years in a New England town you'll still be "those new people".

Old 02-28-2019, 05:22 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,451,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
And after 40 years in a New England town you'll still be "those new people".
Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area