Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 02:34 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
My mother passed away in 1990 while dad did in 1994 at age 86.

I just turned 82 last wed and have dreamt of my dad twice in the last week w/o having thought about him.

Wonder if there is a message there?
Steve,

First congratulations on your 82 birthday .

In your dream what did you feel/think when you first woke up?

if there was a message what do you think the purpose of the message would be? Acknowledging your birthday, a warning about something, letting you know you parents are aware of you etc.

Have you been confused over a pending decision, or in contact with relatives for your birthday, or concerned about your own health etc.

Sometimes it helps to remember any concerns you had as well as if you felt your dream brought you comfort or answers to something in your life (or about others close to you).

Good luck reviewing more so you can decide what your dream means.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 02:37 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
I rarely dream of either parent, much more likely to dream of friends.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Tami,

Your dreams are a gift. I'm so glad you've had them.

I can't say what anyone's dreams but my own mean. Loved ones may be concerned about you.

In your dreams do your loved ones talk to you? Or is it more like ESP where words aren't used yet you know they were there?

MSR
It's more like ESP, MSR. I hear them talking or rather the sound of their voices and I felt them with me. I rarely see them, just hear them. Maybe it's just my own mind playing tricks on me. IDK. Lots of times there is no "message" just the sound of one of their voices and that brings contentment to me when I wake up.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Will be different opinions for sure but when some things happen that are similar on two occasions then there must be a answer or explainable reason.

My late wife with terminal cancer and her last three days in the hospital before passing was talking about things that happened yrs past as if it were last week.

My mother with terminal cancer and her last three days was acting like a little child and did not see or recognize me being there. They had her on a Adult portable potty chair next to the bed.

Talking with a male nurse (drinking a cup of coffee) he commented it was very sad for some people during their last days.

I have a couple of yrs left (maybe) but many things from the past have been popping up in my brain w/o my thinking back to those yrs of past.......strange to say the least......maybe a omen.

Last edited by Steve Bagu; 08-11-2013 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: spelling correction

Old 08-11-2013, 04:02 PM

I don't know if it's an "omen" or not, Steve but everyone likes to talk and re-live the past and the older you get, past seems like it was just yesterday! I think our pasts may "comfort" us. Some times I can't remember if I took my pills today but I sure can tell you what I did 50 + years ago!!! Don't worry, we all go through it as our parents and their parents did too. Keep that clock ticking!

Old 08-12-2013, 02:07 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
It's more like ESP, MSR. I hear them talking or rather the sound of their voices and I felt them with me. I rarely see them, just hear them. Maybe it's just my own mind playing tricks on me. IDK. Lots of times there is no "message" just the sound of one of their voices and that brings contentment to me when I wake up.
That's not a mind trick. You know the pattern of those nighttime visits. I agree, often there is no meaning other than checking in on you. They are a " comfort dream." Many say Heaven is on earth around us for those sensitive enough to know when they aren't alone. I think you're one of those people Tami.

Perhaps they came to let you know they are aware of your ticker news, I wouldn't know. But you will if you don't understand already.

Thanks for sharing your personal dreams with us. ♡

MSR

Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 AM

71 posts, read 76,646 times
My mother died when I was 18 in 2007 and I'm 25 now, I took her death hard as my dad is practically worthless.

I was in the same house with her when she died, she was only 44.

I see her anytime I'm going through a difficult time, and she's ALWAYS there when I need to talk to her.

My dreams are extremely vivid due to me being able to talk, smell and feel her touch me.

It gives me comfort, and some peace.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:30 PM

516 posts, read 1,076,412 times
It's been 17 years since Mom passed and 22 year for Dad. I still dream of them at least once a week mostly about all the family gatherings we had at their house, the great neighborhood we grew up in.

I also dream about the many friends they had who always looked out for us when we were out in the neighborhood.

Some realy great people in my dreams, wish life was as good today as it was when I was a kid

Old 02-11-2015, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 985 times
For my dad the tears will one day stop, but my heart will forever be missing a piece and I'm not sure when, if ever I will stop missing him. Even when I grew up...I remained his little girl. My dad passed 5/2014 and although I'm at the age where it's "expected" I realize for parents to pass,(my mom passed in 2004), I'm far from being accepting of it. I have not been able to get even a little bit past my fathers death as I was closest to him. He was the first man in my life and the first man to love and take care of me (I mean this in a healthy way as a child) and I worshipped him (for lack of better phrasing). I lived out of state when mom died and never moved back to CA (live in WV), but I saw Dad once or twice a year as money allowed to fly which was DEFINITELY not enough visiting. I realize there are many, many people who have lost parents, kids and etc., but I also know each person deals with their loss differently. I try to remember these other people who have suffered losses much greater than mine, but I always come back eventually to my own selfish thoughts of mental suffering. I'm an only child and my dad was last of my family so I feel even more "lost". Even though we didn't speak every day, we always knew the other was there and I always knew to call him if not well or scared or upset....I knew he always wanted me no matter what. I'm waiting for the day I "grow up" and can move on, but I don't see it happening yet as I could cry numerous times every day and feel so impossibly alone even though I have a great life with my husband. Thanks for listening and comforting thoughts to those on this forum as again, I know there are people suffering, not with greater losses as everyone's loss is great, but maybe suffering more than me.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:45 AM

(((Hugs))) to you, Shawna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning