Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,102 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1401 to 1410 of 1597
  1. Modern0514
    01-16-2009 08:31 PM - permalink
    Modern0514
    Hi
    My name is Gregg, I curently live in Lockport, NY (just a few miles north of Buffalo and east of Niagara Falls). My family is looking to move to the Bossier City, LA. area this year so any info would be very helpful. I drive truck so any one who has some insight to the local market(local driving only, to many years away from the family already) would be great!!
  2. nickademous
    01-16-2009 11:10 AM - permalink
    nickademous
    What do you do for a living?
  3. rem1965
    01-15-2009 09:45 PM - permalink
    rem1965
    Hello, I live in Michigan I think I had enough of the snow, cold, and unemployment is the highest. It can be very very depressing, I would like to relocate someplace thats hot, sunny, and have plenty of jobs in my field. I was thinking Flordia, AZ, any ideas?
  4. Milt Emerson
    01-14-2009 02:43 PM - permalink
    Milt Emerson
    Hi,
    My name is Milt and I am a Realtor in Central Illinois. The temp tomorrow(1/15/2009)will be -6. However we make up for this with glorious Springs and Falls! If you have thoughts about re-locating to this area or vacationing (Abe Lincoln's 200th birthday this year) in the area and have any questions...e-mail me at memerson@cbhoa.com.
    Also I consider myself a resident expert on Eastern Washington State and the panhandle of Idaho
  5. nickademous
    01-12-2009 05:27 PM - permalink
    nickademous
    Hi, I just moved to Southern California from Utah about 4 months ago. I was lucky enough to have my housing and job arranged before my move but I'm still trying to figure out how to meet new people. I moved to Cali without knowing a single soul (outside of relatives) and I don't want to limit myself to only befriending people I meet at church. Any suggestions?
  6. let it go
    01-11-2009 08:01 AM - permalink
    let it go
    I am looking to relocate to a warmer climate. Just not sure where...I have two years to plot, and thought that if I could get some ideas in that time, I could be visiting the areas. I don't mind season changes, just no snow! I love the beach and would like to be within 1 hour of it! No big, expensive cities...need affordable places ( I know nothing fits that bill now!)
  7. misssampandrea
    01-10-2009 07:15 PM - permalink
    misssampandrea
    Hello I am a single parent living in MS and I want to move to San Diego, Ca. Can someone give me info. about San Diego.
  8. SandraBrowning
  9. 01-06-2009 06:42 AM - permalink
    jthibodeau
    Hello to all of you posters. I'm a Certified Home Inspector located in beautiful New Hampshire. If anyone needs any information concerning our area, please feel free to contact me or, just come on in to the New Hampshire forum for the information you seek. Everyone have a great day.
  10. jeepgrl015
    01-04-2009 03:15 PM - permalink
    jeepgrl015
    hello everyone!
    I am going to soon be relocating to the Denver,CO area and it will be the first time I am leaving home to another state. I am looking for some helpful tips and suggestions for first time movers and what else people would suggest to help me move.