Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Pet Rescue

Group Created by Sam I Am

This group will be to explore the challenges and issues concerning rescue of all animals and maybe do a little networking on placement of unwanted pets. I'd ask that you keep instructional type posts on pet ownership to the main Pets forum and let's let this one be where fellow rescuers gather and brainstorm for solutions! Placements, transport, and various rescue goals will be discussed. However, we will not allow Do Not Adopts or any slamming or derogatory comments toward a particular rescue group.

Invite your friends!

View All Members Showing 10 of 165 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 32 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 31 to 40 of 209
  1. zugor
    06-20-2009 08:09 PM - permalink
    zugor
    Hi everyone. I know some of your names from other forums. Now that I am retired much of my time and energy and $$ goes to rescue work. I've done a fair amount of transport driving and been involved in TNR program in Roanoke. I currently have 5 dogs of my own and one cat. They are all rescues. I am now dedicated to adopting just the big old, black dogs since they are the last to get out of the shelters alive. Sort of a mini retirement home for them and me. I added pix of some of the dogs who I have fostered along with one of me and 2 other members of the HS at the NK Conference.
  2. Amazonchix
    06-17-2009 08:09 PM - permalink
    Amazonchix
    Just thought I would share a sweet story. We helped a 93 y/o lady living at an assitant living place catch 3 semi-feral kittens (3 months old) and a semi-feral momma cat yesterday. Man oh man were we a sweaty mess trying to catch those cats in her apt. We transported to and from the s/n clinic for her. She was SUPER DUPER thankful and made our day meeting her. We spent 45 minutes talking to her last night. It's nice to get the warm fuzzies and a happy ending!
  3. karibear
    04-23-2009 08:24 PM - permalink
    karibear
    To find the Pets forum, either click on the CityData forum link at the top of the page, or go to the bottom where it says "jump to"[the "jump to" isn't on this page, but it shows up on all the other forums and threads]. Either one will list all the forums and subforums. Pets is way down toward the bottom of the list, below the states in the general forums. Click on that, and you'll be there.
  4. Hstnbnd
    04-04-2009 07:41 PM - permalink
    Hstnbnd
    I also cannot seem to find the main Pet's Forum. Help?
  5. Hstnbnd
    04-04-2009 07:38 PM - permalink
    Hstnbnd
    Hello~
    One of the members here suggested I join the "pets" group as I do have 7 cats, 8 guinea fowl...one peackock and many wild animals surrying about the farm! When we bought this place, it was over run with hundreds of ferrel cats which I helped trap, spay/neuter and adopt out. It was heartbreaking to see them wither or die of elements as well as disease. It is wonderful to find like minded animal lovers to discuss our "friends" with!
  6. srgrimes
    04-02-2009 10:29 PM - permalink
    srgrimes
    I just can't seem to figure out how to paste a photo here so if you want to see my pet photos they are posted on thier own blog site at http://www.youpet.com/pet/?petid=68771 or at http://www.pamperedpetsandpals.com I finally figured out how to post a photoDoes she look like a pit bull to you?
  7. Amazonchix
    03-30-2009 07:30 AM - permalink
    Amazonchix
    JaDavis3~

I volunteer with a low-cost S/N clinic that receives grants from our city...who is trying to go no-kill...thus, low cost s/n is a must in our city for those who can not otherwise afford it. A statistic from our area is that 80% of the animals brought to the shelter were brought in by 20% of our city's population. It's the 20% of the population we target our services to while others can still utilize our clinic if they meet the income guidelines.

I'm also partaking in a Humane Day at our capitol tomorrow to meet with our state senators and representatives about needed animal legislation in our state.
  8. cn863
    03-26-2009 02:29 AM - permalink
    cn863
    Hi every friend . i am new here . i like dog . i post one lovely dog picture in this group . it is burlesque . hope you like . i hope to make many friends here . my name is Cuile . i from China .
  9. jadavis3
    03-24-2009 07:50 PM - permalink
    jadavis3
    I am concerned that those who want to do rescues are not able to or don't have legitimate information for how their communities' legislation determines effectiveness overall. If rescuers aren't involved with a group of local officials to ensure legalities such as containment laws, low cost spay/neuter facility funding, licensing, etc are really in place to the benefit of the animals, then all of their efforts go without ever truely finding a long-term resolution. I would love to learn more about how other communities are pulling together to get the optimal long-term outcomes.

By the way, i was raised by a mom who bred top quality show dogs and horses but my and her life motto now is, "NO BREEDING".....there are enough loving animals in need of our time, energy, and love.
  10. Amazonchix
    03-24-2009 07:09 PM - permalink
    Amazonchix
    Welcome Sheena...love that you list that "ALL" you furry babies live inside the house. Ours do too.