Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 06:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If you can run and shoot, and spend all your rounds...and still get behind cover, reload, I'm gonna say your in the wrong place...by accident or not...

I believe people on here have watched to many CSI (like) programs...
Likely given the posts of the person to whom I was responding. However, if in the firearms skill courses you may attend you are not being taught to reload while on the move, or also shoot and reload while on the move to cover, find a new instructor.

Me, I don't watch cop shows, the news and chick flicks are more my speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 07:08 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger37708 View Post
Why do you feel the need to question this poster?

Same goes for you---why are u questioning me? I was asking HIM a question---not you.

Do you suspect that the robbers were actually white or latino, and that the poster lied about their race for his own evil ends?
Silly comment. Childish even.
Or

Do you expect the poster to sugar coat the truth of what ever happened in the name of political correctness?
Again...the whole scenario could have been explained WITHOUT mentioning the color of the bad guys.
So seeing as YOU wont let this die like I suggested then YOU can explain what EXACTLY is the need to point out the color of the crooks.
Be specific.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:47 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times
My S&W Bodyguard Airweight .38 Special.

It's black.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:15 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Really? That is news to "most" I know who CCW.

There is no "magic" caliber. However, stopping the threat requires punching holes in the places it will do the most disabling. A larger caliber, in the hands of one who can consistently make good shot placement, increases the odds of successfully stopping the threat.
yeah proper training by good instructors and lots of practice make the differance the .40cal S&W glock Based on ideal terminal ballistic performance in ordnance gelatin during lab testing in the late 1980s and early 1990s, the .40 S&W earned status as "the ideal cartridge for personal defense and law enforcement use"

The .40 S&W cartridge has been successful with law enforcement agencies in the United States, Canada, and Australia. While possessing nearly identical accuracy,[15] drift and drop, it has an energy advantage over the 9 mm Parabellum, and with a more manageable recoil than the 10 mm Auto cartridge

from wiki

Old 04-13-2011, 08:23 PM

665 posts, read 1,727,915 times
I think that 99 percent of civilians who feel that they need to carry a gun are paranoid and need psychological assistance.

I have never met a civilian gun "enthusiast" that didn't have a story about when they "had to use their weapon"

Hey, I have an idea ! Join the Army, then you can have some real stories and advice.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:43 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
I think that 99 percent of civilians who feel that they need to carry a gun are paranoid and need psychological assistance.

I have never met a civilian gun "enthusiast" that didn't have a story about when they "had to use their weapon"

Hey, I have an idea ! Join the Army, then you can have some real stories and advice.
So, the comparatively small number of individuals you've had contact with somehow qualifies you to pronounce a blanket judgment of 99% of civilian concealed carry practicioners.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion about those that choose to carry concealed but based on your post an opinion is all you've got.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,596,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
My S&W Bodyguard Airweight .38 Special.

It's black.

This interchange has been well worth it because it prompted a member to post a picture of one of the finest carry weapons ever conceived, The S & W Bodyguard. Designed to be drawn from, or even fired through a coat pocket without snagging (Yes, it most certainly was), the gun also allows easy cocking of the shrouded hammer for accurate aimed fire with the typical crisp S & W trigger. It's been available in both steel and airweight versions with a variey of finishes and grips since its inception nearly sixty years ago. My own favorites are the airweight with a stainless cylinder shown, and the .357 chambering in all stainless steel. When I bought one of the latter, I was afraid that it would be a real stinker to shoot; but that is certainly not the case. Felt recoil is very moderate. I should mention that I'm not one who sneers at those who dislike severe recoil. If I were, I'd be sneering at myself.

Bill Jordan, a man who had definitely seen the elephant and who was responsible for Smith's introduction of the Combat Magnum, the Model 19, opined that a Bodyguard in .22 magnum would be ideal. Unfortunately, they've never brought out that variation although they've brought out almost every conceivable version of every J-frame. Of course, we do have the NAA minis; two of those in .22 magnum take up less space than one Bodyguard.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:49 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:

Go troll somewhere else please....

Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,988,367 times
Quote:
To quote from another post, what do we have to be paranoid about? We have a gun

Old 04-14-2011, 07:18 AM

665 posts, read 1,727,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
So, the comparatively small number of individuals you've had contact with somehow qualifies you to pronounce a blanket judgment of 99% of civilian concealed carry practicioners.
Where do you get your information about who I have contact with ?

I hope your logic abilities aren't in such disrepair when you "think" your life is being threatened.

The gun nuts read all the stories in Guns and Ammo and other magazines about how a gun owner "foiled a robbery" and truly believe that one day they'll be a hero too.

A man walks up to the driver's side door to inform the driver that their briefcase is on the hood of the car. The "highly trained" Thunder Ranch graduate percieves this as a threat, due to his paranoid nature, not only brandishes his weapon but shoots the good samaritan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting