Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,840,234 times

Advertisements

Not really, since it's in defense of his self. As long as he doesn't instigate or egg him on, he'd be good........

Edit to add....."except in California".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 07:18 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
Question: If he shoots and kills his "attacker" could it be considered pre-meditated since there is so much documentation of what his intentions "might" be?
An aggressive prosecutor can and will use all the information he can find to press the maximum charges he can, including I might add internet forum postings. And yes, it's not being paranoid, they do have ways to find out this information.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
An aggressive prosecutor can and will use all the information he can find to press the maximum charges he can, including I might add internet forum postings. And yes, it's not being paranoid, they do have ways to find out this information.
They probably already know. In the PA thread some poster stated they linked it to the Mayors office.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:55 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,454,542 times
Other than the fact that you bought the house, if money were no issue, why do you have to remain in the house? Do you work nearby, kids in school?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:06 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,969,243 times
In today's economy, I am sure it is not easy to sell a house especially this one.

I read the entire 22 pages of posts by OP & his wife in the NE PA forum. I do not believe the situation warrants a deadly force encounter. If the OP, as he stated, was a PI in NYC for 25 years, I am sure he knows either self-defense and methods to de-escalate the direct confrontation.

As a gun owner, I strongly believe it is the right of law-abiding citizen to own guns & use them for self defense. However; I also believe a gun is the last resort to SELF DENFENSE as civilians. There are many steps in between. I urge the OP to let a cooler head prevail and not jump into the gravest extreme.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:22 PM

7 posts, read 6,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Not really, since it's in defense of his self. As long as he doesn't instigate or egg him on, he'd be good........

Edit to add....."except in California".
I agree, that's the whole point of owning a firearm for self defense. If you like the pizza from an old Italian pub down in the hood, your CCW and handgun make you feel better to go down and get it. Should a jewlery store owner sell and move out of his shop because he runs a high risk of being hit? Hell no, he buys a gun. I do not think the OP should have to move. Buy a firearm and hope those hoods don't come back.

Contrary to what it's like in CA, NYC, Chicago, Mass etc.....

It ain't like that elsewhere!

Old 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM

Edit to add:
This thread reminds me of the guy who buys a firearm and never shoots or practices with it.
When the moment of truth comes up his hands are shaking like a leaf and his voice is quivering......
"Don't come any closer....I'll shoot...really I will...I don't want to but I will...I'm warning you...stop...don't make me tell you again...I'll really do it"!

BANG....YOU are already dead sucker! The perp got ya already!

If you can't "do it", don't even bother buying a gun and pretending.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:35 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,620,536 times
When you pull the gun the trigger is a second behind. You will go to jail quicker by not pulling the trigger.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:43 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,110 times
Default uh...two words for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
We live in Wilkes Barre City, Pa. and I was assaulted two times in three days and sustained injuries to my face head and jaw. I am fed up. I went to Dicks Sporting Goods today and want your opinion. I was told to either go to the Court and get a "concealed weapon" permit and carry a firearm or purchase a Mossberg Personal defense shot gun which you can load three shells at once.

I am new to guns and need as much help as possible. Thanks, Warren Zee.
George Zimmerman....
K

Old 08-17-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
When you pull the gun the trigger is a second behind. You will go to jail quicker by not pulling the trigger.
That is true. Are you a brandisher, or a shooter? Forget any and all brandishing punishments that you might have coming. If it comes to "that" you have fractions of seconds to stop the threat or he/them will STOP you. If you draw and the perp turns and runs full tilt away you can't shoot him in the back. You'll have to let him go. That's not the same as "drawing down on someone" only to scare them. Don't ever bank on the fact he will see the gun and run away. True it happens A LOT, but don't ever count on it. Be ready to use it and know when to back off when the threat is gone. The worst thing to imagine is one of those guys ^ I spoke of above getting their own gun taken from their hands that "couldn't do it" and use back on YOU! Don't be that guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting