Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
If you have no criminal convictions you will meet muster in most places outside NJ.....

More or less NJ is the main problem, as would be NY or Ma.....

Happy in Wyoming has a point....... NH would be the same point.....

On the other hand it takes more than having a gun in a night stand to be able to use it.

It takes training, a mind set and knowing LAW well enough that you don't end up in prison for murder.

It isn't easy....... It is kinda like a scenario of SHTF...... if you do nothing for ever and then shtf you can't get it done to go on... No one has that learning curve and or funds to put up supplies at the instant they are needed. And after the supplies would run out what then? You would need to have other lessons to be more advanced to continue in a future.

The one thing you can do is begin to learn now, like today.... But that is up to you.

IMO nothing will be like it was forever...
i don't know the laws about murder as far as break ins. but if someone breaks in my place and I shoot them dead oh well. they shouldn't be in my place uninvited in the night time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 06:00 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
i don't know the laws about murder as far as break ins. but if someone breaks in my place and I shoot them dead oh well. they shouldn't be in my place uninvited in the night time.
True, but the reality is that unless you are actually trained and experienced with your gun, they are more likely to just steal the gun from you. Or take it from you and shoot you with it.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:12 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
I have no interest in moving to Wyoming (no offense) especially just to purchase a firearm. sounds kind of scary that anyone and everyone can get a permit there though....

As I said I live in a relatively low crime area, in the 'burbs and there's been a few break ins, no murders or anything like that.
You missunderstand. It is not that they give permits to anybody and everybody, it is that there is no permit required for a law abiding Wyoming Citizen. You can carry openly, or concealed and do not need a permit. You can go get a permit if you want one, so that you have reciprocacy with other states, but no permit is required in state.

An armed community, is a polite community.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
And that Doll Eyes would be just good enough to get you sent to prison for LIFE....... Murder 2.

It isn't that easy....... Not much in life is fair, equal or anything..... never was, and while I am a nobody, I sense you are too.

As to guns i am 60 and owned a gun since I was 6........ I am mechanically inclined (x car tech) and took classes on self defense, after the fact of needing to use it once. And that time i just got lucky that the bad guy was a life time x con wanted for more violent and drug related crimes times 6.

With no training the gun is far more likely to hurt you, your family and or be used against you by a criminal. A gun is not a finger ring to flash around as you please. A gun is a tool for defense, hunting, or target practice.

And no gun works so easy as you see on tv. Hell, most people can't hit the broad side of a barn if they are locked in it!

It takes training in more than one school, practice and dedication. Stick with hat pins.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:31 AM

385 posts, read 615,141 times
Quote:
And that Doll Eyes would be just good enough to get you sent to prison for LIFE....... Murder 2.
Since Doll Eyes in NJ that's quite likely. OTOH in WV we enjoy very strong "castle doctrine" protections.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:03 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Since Doll Eyes in NJ that's quite likely. OTOH in WV we enjoy very strong "castle doctrine" protections.
I wasn't putting her down, but I agree New Jersey has a legal problem in not understanding Shall not be Infringed. I would like it if 'equal' meant 'equal'; however it does not.

On the other hand, I don't want anyone running around with a gun just because they might not get what they want. 'Just because' is not an excuse.

There is a difference between a stranger in your home after dark, and the same with intent to do harm.

Once i went to a wedding far away and that night around 2am I got home to find strangers in my bed! They meant no harm in life or limb, they were just doped up real bad.

The female of the 2 was very sorry for her infraction, and the guy trying to be tuffer than he should have been need a subtle reminder that if he wasn't out of my sight in 2 more seconds would be wearing one of my 18th century tomahawks right between the eyes. I didn't need a gun.......

And what it really was about, was the down stairs neighbor had a party which had gotten way out of hand.

I hunt too, and I kill game to eat and sometimes kill varmints in the barn or garden, but taking even these lives is a serious consideration for me.

Taking human lives for not a good reason is against my will, and I carry 24/7. AND what carry means to me is that I will take a lot of guff and attempt to walk away, politely each and every time.

NOW the problem comes when i am not allowed to walk away....... see? The very worst thing a bad guy can do is corner me, and cut off my choices..... Then s/he has forced my choice, to be one and only one thing, and that it 'To Stop' them..... Whether or not they die is their business.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
You missunderstand. It is not that they give permits to anybody and everybody, it is that there is no permit required for a law abiding Wyoming Citizen. You can carry openly, or concealed and do not need a permit. You can go get a permit if you want one, so that you have reciprocacy with other states, but no permit is required in state.

An armed community, is a polite community.

oh yes I misunderstood what you want. anyways I think I have fallen out with this idea, the more I read the more it is not for me. anyways, happy hunting or whatever with your guns.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:

It isn't that easy....... Not much in life is fair, equal or anything..... never was, and while I am a nobody, I sense you are too.

As to guns i am 60 and owned a gun since I was 6........ I am mechanically inclined (x car tech) and took classes on self defense, after the fact of needing to use it once. And that time i just got lucky that the bad guy was a life time x con wanted for more violent and drug related crimes times 6.

With no training the gun is far more likely to hurt you, your family and or be used against you by a criminal. A gun is not a finger ring to flash around as you please. A gun is a tool for defense, hunting, or target practice.

And no gun works so easy as you see on tv. Hell, most people can't hit the broad side of a barn if they are locked in it!

It takes training in more than one school, practice and dedication. Stick with hat pins.
I didn't say a gun was a finger ring or a toy or a hat pin whatever that is. lol. I know it's a serious weapon! this is all too over the top for me and like I said I've fallen out with the idea. I don't know how to use one and had enough sense to at least look into it before purchasing but all in all it's not for me. thanks anyways good luck.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:34 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
We need to get back on track. Read the OP before posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting