Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 04:13 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times

Advertisements

Was in Sportsman's Warehouse in LA----that's Louisiana for the uneducated.
They have shelves full of .22 in all types and brands. Their gun counter was mobbed. Made a thrill run up my leg.
In Northern VA---that's Virginia; there hasn't been ..22 for sale in years.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:29 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times
IMO if their ever is a complete ban on any type of semi automatic rifle you only have one group to blame and that is not the Democrats.
The group to blame would be the NRA and it's constant refusal for any type of reasonable gun restrictions.

Lots of legitimate gun owners are in favor of reasonable gun laws to keep the guns away from criminal and terrorist types but the NRA will have none of than because it requires compromise.

For those of you with less than clean backgrounds I understand your unwillingness for compromises.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:19 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
IMO if their ever is a complete ban on any type of semi automatic rifle you only have one group to blame and that is not the Democrats.
The group to blame would be the NRA and it's constant refusal for any type of reasonable gun restrictions.

Lots of legitimate gun owners are in favor of reasonable gun laws to keep the guns away from criminal and terrorist types but the NRA will have none of than because it requires compromise.

For those of you with less than clean backgrounds I understand your unwillingness for compromises.
No compromise. The end.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:24 PM

806 posts, read 877,909 times
The NRA is not in favor of giving guns to " criminal and terrorist types " . Stop believing everything the Democrats say . It makes you look foolish .

Old 08-09-2016, 10:28 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,355,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
The NRA is not in favor of giving guns to " criminal and terrorist types " . Stop believing everything the Democrats say . It makes you look foolish .
Yep - those who spout that crap are full of it.

What's "reasonable" to a gun hater doesn't resonate with the Constitution.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:42 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,659 times
That "reasonable" $200 tax stamp. Yeah, love that one.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:09 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
I'm in a rather unique position of being aligned with the Democrats on many social and economic issues, but diverting pretty strongly from most when it comes to firearms. That said, much of the criticism leveled at the NRA is exceedingly valid, and they've probably done more harm to the cause than they've done to help it.

Still, I wouldn't worry about an AWB being enacted. Even with Clinton being a lock to win the presidency at this stage, it's questionable if the Democrats would gain enough hold to be able to break a filibuster. Then, even if that happens, if's debatable if they would even try. I'm sure they remember the shellacking that they took over the last one and I doubt they would want to repeat that.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:23 PM

806 posts, read 877,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
That said, much of the criticism leveled at the NRA is exceedingly valid, and they've probably done more harm to the cause than they've done to help it.

Your extreme ignorance is showing through . You tipped your hand when you admitted to being a Democrat . You've bought into their hype .

Old 08-12-2016, 01:51 PM
PDD

Quote:
Your extreme ignorance is showing through . You tipped your hand when you admitted to being a Democrat . You've bought into their hype .
You are ill informed. One of my good friends, a Democrat by the way has a huge collection of military weapons that he shoots on a regular basis. He recently purchased an AR to add to his collection. How stupid he must be knowing the Democrats want to take his guns away.

Pretty sure you are the one showing ignorance.

Many Democrats own and shoot guns but they also know the NRA has brainwashed many gun fans with their fear campaign. Sounds like they got you.

They will never get a dime from me I can see thru there scare tactics.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:59 PM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatat View Post
This is a load of crap. The NRA is the biggest reason you can still buy ARs. Them and GOA. Anyone who thinks the Democraps will go away if we just give them "common sense " gun laws are beyond trying to reason with. The goal of Democrats are and will always be to ban all guns. They hate the second Amendment and just as Feinstein said if she could get the votes to say mr. and mrs America turn them all in she would have done it, referring to the 94 Assault weapons ban.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffI-tWh37UY
Really? I am a Democrat and a gun owner and without the second amendment I would not be able to own a gun so why would any Democrat gun owner hate the second amendment.

Why do people make dumb statements like you did? Not all Republicans are gun lovers just like not all Democrats are gun haters.
Where does you logic come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting