Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:20 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,707 times

Advertisements

i let you know here in about 30 min's when the first local new's boardcast should be starting and i can get you more info on how the commercial shipping is going to be routed out as need ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 06:05 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,707 times
You might want to lay in some extra supplies for some of the small port's have some problem's and it did $15.million dollars worth of damage in Santa Cruz habor

The Governer Brown has declared a state of Emergercy in northern 4 county's on the ca coastline and the lower part of the state is fine so far down in LA and San Diego port's where the major supplies comeing out of the port to Hawaii

The bay area port's around SF is fine so far

The surge's up in the north Ca up to 6.ft tall of water

I will update here in 30 min's time frame and post your message here and i see what i can do for you

Old 03-11-2011, 10:17 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelucy5 View Post
A separate earthquake of 6.6 in another epicenter in Japan. Nagano where the Olympics were.
and Niigata too..it's where we're at now. Hit about 4am to 5:30am - several of them...heard of landslides and sirens. Tons of aftershocks throughout northern Japan.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:20 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
tiger beer, do you need evac or are you holding out alright? we got a sister aircraft (stol) coming in from the sw asia area that will be able to fly direct to the impact area. if you need anything dm me and i;ll give you the aircaft id number and my name to drop if you need help.
tuihamo, sames goes if you need anything.
I'm in Niigata...definitely getting the aftershocks...especially through the night and most of yesterday. Seems a bit better today.

Mostly concerned with that nuclear reactor, and the implications for that.

As long as we have internet and heat and electricity, things are good. We're all prepared in case we lose those things. We also have snow on the ground here, and houses in Japan are quite poorly insulated.

So, that looming in the back of my mind is worse than the loss of a sense of equilibrium from the aftershocks.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:57 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelucy5 View Post
Quake ripped hole 150 miles long and 50 miles wide? Reporting on Fox News.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmanon View Post
Fact or not, this is being reported on all the major news channels and online newspapers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
No that is far form the truth....oh Fox News....
I see... It's like that kid's game... "Telephone"... where you repeat a message from person to person to see if the message is even recognizable at the end...

What the USGS said was that the area across which the rupture occurred is 150 miles long and 50 miles wide.

It did NOT say the hole was 150 miles long and 50 miles wide.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:02 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
I see... It's like that kid's game... "Telephone"... where you repeat a message from person to person to see if the message is even recognizable at the end...

What the USGS said was that the area across which the rupture occurred is 150 miles long and 50 miles wide.

It did NOT say the hole was 150 miles long and 50 miles wide.
The hole 150 miles long and 50 miles wide is Glen Beck's piehole.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,024,330 times
I got the impression from the newscasts that it was an underwater hole, but I don't trust those folks to get their facts straight anyway.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:49 AM

3 posts, read 3,028 times
Earthquakes are normal in japan but these recent one is very dangerous following after shock of stunami that kills thousands of japanese people. war in libya, earthquakes in new zealand, japan and every other countries is a sign of end of the world

Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkoy View Post
Earthquakes are normal in japan but these recent one is very dangerous following after shock of stunami that kills thousands of japanese people. war in libya, earthquakes in new zealand, japan and every other countries is a sign of end of the world
LOL! Earthquakes have been happening as long as the planet has existed. It's plate tectonics, as in science. Nothing more. Wars have been occurring as long as man has been on the planet...early hominids fighting over watering holes, like in the movie 2001.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkoy View Post
The Merry Minuet

They’re rioting in Africa
They’re starving in Spain
There’s hurricanes in Florida
And Texas needs rain.

The whole world is festering
With unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans,
The Germans hate the Poles

Italians hate Yugoslavs
South Africans hate the Dutch
And I don’t like anybody very much

But we can be grateful
And thankful and proud
That man’s been endowed
With a mushroom shaped cloud

And we know for certain
That some happy day
Someone will set the spark off
And we will all be blown away

They’re rioting in Africa
There’s strife in Iran
What nature doesn’t do to us
Will be done by our fellow man.

Written 1957 by Sheldon Harnick, recorded by The Kingston Trio 1958
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii