Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2022, 10:52 AM

21,728 posts, read 16,334,063 times

Advertisements

HONOLULU (KHON2) — Puppies, kittens, and bunnies are all in need of a good home as humane societies across the island are filling up.

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/hum...need-help-now/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2022, 01:09 PM

30,623 posts, read 18,203,012 times
I just looked into the average lifespan of a pet rabbit and was shocked to see 5-10 years (a pretty large range). I was expecting something closer to 2-4 years.

Hopefully more folks are able to step up and take in some of these pets.

I've never adopted from a humane society or similar location, but I've also never bought a pet from a breeder or pet store. My first cat was a feral kitten whose mother was hit and killed by a car in Waianae; one of my sailors found him and I took him in after that. My current belonged to another sailor who had two cats but could only keep one as she prepared to move to a new residence in Honolulu that only allowed for one pet. I guess in a sense I saved her the work of having to give turn the cat in and hope that a stranger adopted him. This cat has been with me since 2018 and I'm currently working through the process of trying to get him ready to fly with me back to Oahu in a few months.

Old 06-05-2022, 01:33 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,899,929 times
On Oahu at least - the best place to get a cat from the Humane Society is at Petco - the best tempered/friendliest/most adoptable cats are Humane Society cats are placed at Petco.

At least 2 cat cafes on Oahu that I know of where you can interact with cats outside of a cage - 1 on Kapahulu near Waikiki and another in Kailua (appointment only).

And lastly - if ever on Lanai - and into cats - a must see is the Lanai cat sanctuary and worth a donation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii