Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 05:13 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,943 times

Advertisements

I'm am so pissed off that I am being forced to buy something that is not available. We were promised to be able to keep our plans! Anyone else feel like I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 06:08 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,929,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
We were promised to be able to keep our plans!
You were promised that the government wouldn't cause an existing plan to close.

That providers would choose to close plans rather than to include the extra services ACA mandates
in them -even if it meant raising the rate or opening up an other level of negotiation- wasn't foreseen.

Quote:
Anyone else feel like I do?
Sure. The choice though seems to be pizzed at BC/BS for not making an accommodation
of some sort or to flail at the just as blindsided by their business practices administration.
Which do you think makes more sense?

Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times
If plans had been 'just' changed to accommodate all the new mandates but with increased premiums, they would effectively be new policies.
It makes a great deal of sense to cancel them and issue new ones.
I recently asked my lawyer to amend our wills,
His response was similar...
"It's easier to just write it as a new will "

Old 11-13-2013, 06:43 AM

748 posts, read 1,375,650 times
Why would you be pissed at the insurance company? They have to follow the law or stop selling health insurance. Its not their choice to change the benefits or rates.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:39 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
Why would you be pissed at the insurance company? They have to follow the law or stop selling health insurance. Its not their choice to change the benefits or rates.
Why would I be pissed at the Insurance company? I'm not, they are doing what they need to do.
Why did the democrats do this to the American people?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Why would I be pissed at the Insurance company? I'm not, they are doing what they need to do.
Why did the democrats do this to the American people?
With not one GOP vote putting this mess on the table and making it law, I am not mad at the GOP.

Why indeed be angry with the insurance companies for changing their policies to include all the law demands them to do. The prez was grasping at straws when he was trying to place the blame on the insurance companies. We would have stuck with the plan we had and we liked and we could afford.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:38 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
With not one GOP vote putting this mess on the table and making it law, I am not mad at the GOP.

Why indeed be angry with the insurance companies for changing their policies to include all the law demands them to do. The prez was grasping at straws when he was trying to place the blame on the insurance companies. We would have stuck with the plan we had and we liked and we could afford.
Yeah, who in their right mind can be upset with companies that would deny you coverage or drop you if you had pre-existing health conditions including pregnancy or disabilities. Now they're not compliant. That doesn't seem fair to them.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:58 AM

805 posts, read 1,871,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
MC, that is a double edged sword...

Old 11-13-2013, 10:49 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,367,905 times
Yup, the nerve of them. Making my policy better and safer.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:36 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,487,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
You were promised that the government wouldn't cause an existing plan to close.

That providers would choose to close plans rather than to include the extra services ACA mandates
in them -even if it meant raising the rate or opening up an other level of negotiation- wasn't foreseen.
It was foreseen, they specifically wrote the law like that which states that a rate increase over $5/month would cause the plan to be illegal.

The government is using the insurance companies as a scapegoat.

ACA will fail because young people are not signing up (which is the main revenue stream for ACA) and 400,000 people will get "free" or "subsided" healthcare that we, the taxpayers, have to support. So these plans might sound better..Tell me how a single male needs to buy an insurance policy that is mandated to cover birth control pills. The USA is on a large downward spiral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance