Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:59 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,628,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
The only one I ever had was the one I was ordered to have while in the Air force. That gave me one of the worst cases of Flu I ever had. On top of that, the dam shot hurt like hell too! Nasty stuff. I strongly encourage everyone NOT to get FLU shots. Who knows what else is put into those immunizations. I guarantee you'll think at least twice if you read this book: Healing Codes for the Biological Apocalypse by Leonard G. Horowitz and Joseph Puleo

blessings...Franco
I agree with you Franco in that i never get the Flu shot and rarely ever get the flu. Maybe 8 or 9 years back was the last time i had the Flu. I build my immune system naturally and not rely on a vaccine with the only exception being if i was bit by a Bat then i'd get a Rabies Booster then i'd get one but other than that i will not. Not even a Tetanus Vaccine.

All this artificially pumping up the immune system is just like everyone using the antibacterial soaps as we are now seeing its causing these Antibiotic resistant SUPERBUGS that science can't cure...

P.S. I tried to give ya a positive rep but you know the story ''must spread out rep points''.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 09:28 PM

768 posts, read 2,100,982 times
I wasn't going to respond to this, but now I will. Monday I got a flu shot and I can now say that I will NOT do that again! My arm at the injection site has swelled greatly and been feverish. The shot was done about 9 a.m. Mon morning and here it is late Wed and, while the swelling has diminished a little, it is still scarlet and hot and worrisome. It is starting to itch, which would be a good sign for injuries, don't know about for this kind of "wound." All the info I could find said that "possible" mild side effects could include a low fever, some swelling, redness. They don't mention that it might look like you have a big, red baseball on your arm! We're not talking about a little, quarter-sized red mark on my arm--we are talking about at least 4 quarters spread out size.

I hate to be a worrywart, but the "minor" side effect that is supposed to go away in less than 2 days is still very much with me. And my left arm is alternating between hurting and numb--myalgia? Guess I'll see if I can get in to see my dr tomorrow, since I've read about this thing called GBS that maybe I should look into. I don't plan on getting the flu shot again.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
When my daughter had influenza, she was sick for two weeks, got pneumonia, and became dehydrated and was nearly hospitalized. She was nine years old. She missed two weeks of school. My DH and I both missed quite a bit of work to take care of her. She feels a shot is much better than what she experienced.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:54 AM

768 posts, read 2,100,982 times
No doubt, Pittnurse70. That had to have been terrifying for her.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:35 AM

144 posts, read 824,875 times
considering these shots do not cover every strain of the flu, I have to why bother? Our bodies were designed to ward off and fight germs and yet we don't let our bodies do their job. We just full ourselves up with chemicals and hope for the best. Let your body do the job it was made to do.

I personally don't believe in flu shots or over vaccination and it will be a cold day in hell before my daughters get a vaccine for a cancer that they may or may not get. I agree that cancer is a nasty vile creature but I believe cancer is being helped along with the chemcial cocktails we fill our bodies with everyday.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:51 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,002,722 times
Milabs wrote:
Our bodies were designed to ward off and fight germs and yet we don't let our bodies do their job.
We have been trained ( brainwashed ) by the AMA and big pharma to deny the power of the body to heal itself. There's little money to be made by encouraging people to live a healthy lifestyle and keep the immune system strong naturally. Instead, take drug or get a shot and force the immune system to take a vacation. Better it be a permanent vacation so more drugs can be sold.

blessings..Franco

Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 AM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,916 times
Quote:
We have been trained ( brainwashed ) by the AMA and big pharma to deny the power of the body to heal itself. There's little money to be made by encouraging people to live a healthy lifestyle and keep the immune system strong naturally. Instead, take drug or get a shot and force the immune system to take a vacation. Better it be a permanent vacation so more drugs can be sold.
And before vaccines were developed in the 20th century, how many people died due to those bugs we now have vaccines for? Or was all that in vain? Or do you really want to go back to a time when the mortality rate was so much higher than it is now? Not all of the world has the capacity to live that HEALTHY lifestyle.

The History Of Vaccines And Immunization: Familiar Patterns, New Challenges -- Stern and Markel 24 (3): 611 -- Health Affairs
Quote:
The gasping breath and distinctive sounds of whooping cough; the iron lungs and braces designed for children paralyzed by polio; and the devastating birth defects caused by rubella: To most Americans, these infectious scourges simultaneously inspire dread and represent obscure maladies of years past. Yet a little more than a century ago, the U.S. infant mortality rate was a staggering 20 percent, and the childhood mortality rate before age five was another disconcerting 20 percent. Not surprisingly, in an epoch before the existence of preventive methods and effective therapies, infectious diseases such as measles, diphtheria, smallpox, and pertussis topped the list of childhood killers. Fortunately, many of these devastating diseases have been contained, especially in industrialized nations, because of the development and widespread distribution of safe, effective, and affordable vaccines.
Bolding is mine. Do we really want to go back to those days?

Or dealing with an iron lung or living with paralyzed legs the rest of your life? I remember lining up for the polio vaccine given in school. It wasn't a choice, we just DID it. Our parents had VIVID memories of their peers/family members coming down with polio and being paralyzed for life or even dying from it. NMAH | Polio: History of Vaccines So we just took the vaccine in the form of a sugar cube.

Yes, the flu shot is optional, but before we write off all vaccines, look at the good THEY HAVE DONE!!! Liz

Old 10-25-2007, 09:55 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,002,722 times
Default Smiling all the way to the bank!

LIZ

IMO, drugs aren't all bad, just 95% of them.

With so much 'education' from the AMA and big pharma, few people give living a healthy lifestyle a chance. At the first sniffle, they're sitting in a doctors office hoping for a magic bullet. They never connect their eating of unhealthy food with getting sick, they never connect their lack of exercise with being overweight, etc. They are completely out of touch with their bodies, they have not the slightest hint of their bodies natural healing ability. Taking drugs almost guarantees that they will continue to be out of touch with their bodies. And the drug companies are smiling all the way to the bank!

blessings....Franco

Old 10-25-2007, 10:07 AM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,916 times
Quote:
At the first sniffle, they're sitting in a doctors office hoping for a magic bullet. They never connect their eating of unhealthy food with getting sick, they never connect their lack of exercise with being overweight, etc. They are completely out of touch with their bodies, they have not the slightest hint of their bodies natural healing ability. Taking drugs almost guarantees that they will continue to be out of touch with their bodies. And the drug companies are smiling all the way to the bank!
That's true. And we HAVE overused antibiotics to the point where they are producing superbugs now. Instead of using antibacterial stuff in your own home to wash your hands, use just soap and water...unless someone in the house IS sick. I can understand using antibacterials outside of your home but in your own home, soap and water should be sufficient.

Companies are putting antibacterials in almost every product we clean our home with...do we really need all that??? I try and use as many natural products as possible. I try and stay on as few medications as possible. If the rest of the people would fight back in small ways like that, maybe we wouldn't be creating bugs we could no longer fight.

But the bugs we do need help fighting...lets get the right help. Liz

Old 10-25-2007, 11:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
A healthy lifestyle will not prevent all disease. It may increase your resistance, but some of it is just pure chance. "Attack rates" for some diseases are very high (the % of those exposed who get sick), for measles it is close to 100%. Measles is not just some wussy little childhood disease that "everyone" got and recovered from . It has a high rate of death and complications. There is a saying in some African country that your child isn't really yours until s/he has had measles. In other words, a high death rate.

There is no difference in antibodies produced by disease and those produced by vaccine. I have never understood why the anit-medication people are opposed to immunizations. It's like giving you a tiny dose of the disease, enough to produce antibodies, but not enough to make you sick. In the case of flu vaccine, giving you some killed virus, which cannot cause disease, can stimulate your body to make antibodies to take care of itself when you are exposed. It is true that flu vaccine only covers three types of flu (2 A, 1 B), but those are the types that cause the majority of flu. See my previous post on the vaccine re: this as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness