Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 10:40 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
If you continue to feel bad go back to the Doc and insist you need more tests.

Another thing is if the Psych give you anti-depressants and they don't do anything for you it is probably not a Psych issue.

Before taking any Psych meds I would go back to the Doc first and ask for more tests.

I have to say I take daily anti-depressants and I am an anti-med person in general. I realize for me it truly is a biological, chemical thing. I tried everything you can thin of that was natural before making the decision to get on anti-depressants and have tried getting off 3 times and had relapses so if it turns out you need to be on them-ok great it can make your life really whole.

However the side effects while geting on them can be a ***** and cause a few people to have suicidal urges, so if this were to happen, got a trusted friend or relative till the mood passes. I have that about 4 times in 20 years and it passed within and hour. Because of the risk of side effects, before taking any Psych meds I would go back to the Doc first and ask for more tests.

Unlikely but brain tumors, usually non cancerous can cause lethargy. Thyroid issues can also cause issues as you mentioned. Some folks say you have to got to more progressive Thyroid docs who do more refined testing to get accurate tests results because the old school docs use a rating scale that misses a significant number of people who have thyroid issues. I just popped my head into a co-workers office that has thyroid and other issues and she recs an Endocrinologist over other Docs for thyroid issues.

Also the 5-HTP possibly is ok but maybe not, def tell the Psych because that and other supplements does interfere with Psych meds. I had panic attacks from St. Johns Wort because it heightens anxiety but for people with classic depression with no anxiety component, it has helped. I heard of one woman, a wife of a man I worked with many years ago and that was all she took and for her it did the trick.

Best of luck to you for a happy, healthy future. I know how discouraging it can be to feel bad. When I have had those times I have a saying I say to myself over and over to help myself(silently), usually it is "I will feel better", "I will feel better".
I've posted that for 10 yrs "they" gave me A/D drugs for 10 yr depression and it was thyroid that was sluggish in spite of their GOOD numbers....thank goodness for the great D.O. I went to for my back issues and he knew when I finally asked him about the thyroid. They treat us as numbers....

In my 10 yrs Endo MD's were worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 12:56 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,959 times
Do you ever drink more than 2 cups of coffee a day?

I say quit the coffee.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:09 PM

90 posts, read 69,949 times

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IZC3VK...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

Old 03-01-2018, 02:26 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dells View Post

This!!

I could have written the OP, but since giving up coffee my energy levels have returned to normal and i feel much better. Just an idea.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:44 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
As someone who's seen Dr. Phil on TV before, I say sleep on the floor, eat a bowl of Cheerios, go see your doctors.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:54 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
As someone who's seen Dr. Phil on TV before, I say sleep on the floor, eat a bowl of Cheerios, go see your doctors.
It could be vitamin D level (but I do take a 50,000IU pill) or thyroid. Good idea about checking with a thyroid doctor and endocrinologist before taking psych meds. I'll get retested as I really don't want to get on psych meds. I have been having suicidal thoughts lately and I'm not on any meds right now. I have stopped taking 5HTP and St. John's Wort. (Probably been about 3-4 days now).

Funny enough, after waking up with a sore back this morning, I started to wonder if my bed could be affecting the quality of my sleep (even though I do fall asleep). I do wake up feeling tired and sore. I know it's a pretty crappy mattress. I thought of trying the floor.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:05 AM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyShark View Post
It could be vitamin D level (but I do take a 50,000IU pill) or thyroid. Good idea about checking with a thyroid doctor and endocrinologist before taking psych meds. I'll get retested as I really don't want to get on psych meds. I have been having suicidal thoughts lately and I'm not on any meds right now. I have stopped taking 5HTP and St. John's Wort. (Probably been about 3-4 days now).

Funny enough, after waking up with a sore back this morning, I started to wonder if my bed could be affecting the quality of my sleep (even though I do fall asleep). I do wake up feeling tired and sore. I know it's a pretty crappy mattress. I thought of trying the floor.
I can't sleep well on most beds. They're just too hard for me. I used a memory foam mattress cover in my own bed, and I can't sleep worth a damn in a cheap hotel. It's Marriott type or higher for me anymore.

I also recommend changing pillows out every couple of months. Flat pillows bother me.

I briefly scanned the thread, but has anyone mentioned apnea? That would explain the chronic fatigue.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:39 AM

924 posts, read 1,677,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I can't sleep well on most beds. They're just too hard for me. I used a memory foam mattress cover in my own bed, and I can't sleep worth a damn in a cheap hotel. It's Marriott type or higher for me anymore.

I also recommend changing pillows out every couple of months. Flat pillows bother me.

I briefly scanned the thread, but has anyone mentioned apnea? That would explain the chronic fatigue.
Yes, I brought it up on the first page because that lump may be interfering with OP's breathing at night. Actually, it may also be doing it during the day. A lack of oxygen would definitely make you feel fatigued.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:13 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
Do you ever drink more than 2 cups of coffee a day?

I say quit the coffee.
I can vouch for that, coffee put me in the emergency room, turned out to be the 3 pots of Joe I drank every day, that was pots not cups.

I cut back to 2 or 3 cups and its much better.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:47 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,936,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
If all else fails see a Rheumatologist in the million to one chance you have an autoimmune disease.
I had similar problem and thought autoimmune,long story short.
Primary care doctor had me go for blood test.It involved 3 vilals of blood and $800,covered everything from A to Z,my autoimmune came back negative and I came back o'k on all tests,I am 85.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness