Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 07:38 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
What do you mean by almost everyone "clears" it? You mean the HPV infection goes away? My understanding is that it lives in the body forever. It can resurface at any time.
It is possible for the body to eliminate HPV viruses. Not everyone can, though, and there is no way to tell whether a particular individual will be able to do it or not.

The chickenpox virus does stay in the body forever. It can reactivate and cause shingles. Maybe that is what you are thinking of?

Old 10-12-2018, 07:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Time to make use of the ignore feature.
I'm crushed!

Old 10-12-2018, 07:54 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It is possible for the body to eliminate HPV viruses. Not everyone can, though, and there is no way to tell whether a particular individual will be able to do it or not.

The chickenpox virus does stay in the body forever. It can reactivate and cause shingles. Maybe that is what you are thinking of?
See Miss Terris post. That is what I was responding to. It was my understanding that she was referring to HPV and stated "almost everyone clears it". I had a friend with HPV and she had to tell all her future partners that she had it after her diagnosis.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
See Miss Terris post. That is what I was responding to. It was my understanding that she was referring to HPV and stated "almost everyone clears it". I had a friend with HPV and she had to tell all her future partners that she had it after her diagnosis.
That poster seems to think a person can do something to intentionally clear the HPV from her body. Most infections do clear eventually. Maybe your friend had herpes?

Old 10-12-2018, 08:34 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:

Suzy answered it well. 80% of sexually active people will get HPV at some point in their lives. 90% of those people’s bodies will clear HPV via their immune system.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:03 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Suzy answered it well. 80% of sexually active people will get HPV at some point in their lives. 90% of those people’s bodies will clear HPV via their immune system.
But the other 10% will not, which is why we now have the vaccine.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:41 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
That poster seems to think a person can do something to intentionally clear the HPV from her body. Most infections do clear eventually. Maybe your friend had herpes?
Perhaps she did have herpes. I know she at one point said it was herpes, then HPV but I don't think she knew fur sure. I wonder if her doctor changed his diagnosis. She delivered both of her children via c-section so maybe that was the reason.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:07 AM

334 posts, read 188,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Propop #121 - I'm not gonna quote it because it is way too long. I tried clicking in to some the links you provided and it was a jumbled mess - repeated articles, broken links, questionable sources. If that's the best you can do, I'm not interested.
Excuse me....but I tried each-and-every link and they work perfectly. Maybe there's something wrong with your browser? In addition, if you are hiding behind a facade of disgust and delusion because you don't want to accept the TRUTH about the HPV vaccine and its dangers, well, that's your problem. People should know before making a decision about this VERY DANGEROUS vaccine. The evidence about this vaccine's shortcomings have been CLEARLY substantiated. For them to claim that "this vaccine protects boys and girls for a "lifetime" from a common virus that can cause many types of cancers" is outrageous in itself. Think about it "if vaccines supposedly make people immune why do people have to get a flu shot EVERY year?" The flu vaccine hasn't been properly tested, doesn't work, and sheds - infecting other people. But you should still get a flu shot - because that makes complete sense...right? Medical technology has vastly improved over the last 100 years, yet we have never been sicker! Since their introduction, vaccines have not eradicated a single disease...including polio. In fact, smallpox was subdued by changing the overcrowded, unhygienic living conditions of those affected. Your body may or may not develop artificial immunity via a vaccine. But if it does...It's only temporary and comes with side-effects."

"NO independent studies have been done to determine if the vaccine itself causes cancer or what the long-term effects might be on those vaccinated. Cervical cancer is rare and most women with HPV will NOT develop it. It grows so slowly that the analysis won't be clear for three-decades if the mass vaccination of young females reduced cases or not. It's another drug rushed to the market for profit. There are over 30 strains of HPV that can cause genital infections. The HPV vaccine supposedly "protects against four strains" and only TWO of those are known to be cancer causing. Problem from the actual virus are rare. While the majority of cervical cancers are caused by HPV, most women who have HPV do not develop cervical cancer. However, the pharmaceutical company who makes the HPV vaccine wants every girl and young woman to get another vaccination “just in case.”
You can find the information about what I posted here and here.

**It is utterly ridiculous and amazing that parents are still falling for another scheme for pharmaceutical companies to make profits. It's about making money!...PERIOD! The U.S has the highest vaccination rates in the world (double that of any other country) and the highest autism statistics. Autism has increased 11000% since the 1970s and the vaccine schedule has nearly tripled. Uhm...interesting! But the answer is always...you guessed it...another vaccine! I diligently do my homework. I research, research, and research. I don't just go with what the FDA or main stream media or with what the pharmaceutical companies say.

Keep in mind: even doctors use the Internet to look up symptoms. The next time you're at your doctor's office ask them if they ever used the Internet to verify certain symptoms or for specific information. You'd be surprised. Should you believe everything online...of course not! That's why it's imperative to DILIGENTLY do your homework WITHOUT bias. For me...the so-called benefits of the HPV virus aren't worth the risks. There's wonderful, concrete, well researched information out there.**

**I'm not replying to any other posts in this thread. I've stated my case and I'm sticking to it. There's no need for me to go back-and-forth about this topic so I will unsubscribe from this thread. I didn't mean for this post to be so long following a short reply...but anyway. Have a nice day everyone and be careful...Good Bye!**

Last edited by Propop; 10-13-2018 at 03:08 AM..

Old 10-13-2018, 08:35 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
But the other 10% will not, which is why we now have the vaccine.
Yes, of course. The vaccine is available for anyone who wants it who is in the allowable age range.

Regular Pap screenings coupled with appropriate follow up treatment if needed will also help in regards to preventing cervical cancer for the 10% who do not clear the infection via their immune system.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:14 AM

Paps do not prevent cancer. They are a screening/early detection tool. The vaccine can prevent the cancer from developing. The vaccine can make the immune system produce the antibodies to HPV before infection.

No one can intentionally clear HPV. It either happens or it doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness