Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 10:15 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times

Advertisements

What place online is reputable to buy CBD oil? Do they sell it at local grocery stores or pharmacies? I've had trouble getting good sleep for years. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 10:27 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
What place online is reputable to buy CBD oil? Do they sell it at local grocery stores or pharmacies? I've had trouble getting good sleep for years. Thanks.
Edit: I finally found this from a link in the Las Vegas forum.

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/best-...-for-arthritis

The best advice I can give is for you to read through a few of the sites linked in the search below. Look for multiple occurrences of the same site. That may be easier said than done since there are so many, but it's a start.

https://www.google.com/search?client...67.9eF8J2N9M4U

I use Strainz, but I don't know if it can be purchased online since I get it locally (Nevada). The tinctures (oils) are legal at the federal level because they are made from hemp, not marijuana, but in most states it's illegal. That said the authorities have way more important things to keep them busy than some CBD oil in the mail.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:30 PM

467 posts, read 1,891,100 times
I use Select CDB. This is a very informative video on their product. She makes a lot good points about dosing. Too little of a dose can actually make you more alert. It's important to be patient and find what works for you.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:42 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Prescription Ambien (zolpidem). There's a reason 30 million prescriptions for it (2017) have been written.

If you are prone to depression be very careful with Ambien.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:22 AM

708 posts, read 1,296,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Prescription Ambien (zolpidem). There's a reason 30 million prescriptions for it (2017) have been written.

I've been taking Ambien for 26 years and have no plans to stop. No problem going to sleep. My doctor asked me if I was ever going to stop and I said no. She was okay with that decision.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:15 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
My primary doctor prescribed Ativan (a benzodiazepine) back in 2002 when I started having panic attacks. He never told me it shouldn't be taken long term and he continued to renew my prescription since then. Now almost 17 years later I am going through hell trying to slowly taper off. Benzos have been proven to cause memory problems and other issues when taken long term. Unfortunately doctors aren't always knowledgeable about the meds they prescribe. If you tried to NOT take an Ambien one night you probably would not be able to sleep at all. You are basically addicted to them just as I am to the Ativan.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:07 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
My primary doctor prescribed Ativan (a benzodiazepine) back in 2002 when I started having panic attacks. He never told me it shouldn't be taken long term and he continued to renew my prescription since then. Now almost 17 years later I am going through hell trying to slowly taper off. Benzos have been proven to cause memory problems and other issues when taken long term. Unfortunately doctors aren't always knowledgeable about the meds they prescribe. If you tried to NOT take an Ambien one night you probably would not be able to sleep at all. You are basically addicted to them just as I am to the Ativan.
Benedryl too on memory issues and it seems to be so overused in our country. Just listening to pharmacist Ben Fuchs last night on radio go off on the benzos and memory loss. Not for this lady.

What I have worked out for my sleep works like a charm.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:01 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times
Oh okay thanks. I feel like my memory problems are getting worse. I made an appointment to go to the doctor, but because of the bad memory problems, I completely forgot it and missed the appointment. I feel it is due to stress and distractions that are causing stress. But it's not everyone else's fault and I can't just tell everyone in my life, including my friends, family and gf, that I need to cut them off, until I get my memory fixed, cause that's not fair to them. Plus some of the things I have gotten myself into at the moment are causing me stress which is affecting my memory. But it's not like I can just put everything else on my life on hold either, so not sure what to do.

Instead of waiting till my next appointment and risk the memory getting worse, is it possible I can just go to an emergency clinic so they can see what they can do, or will they just say your fine, just try to avoid stress and distractions? I think maybe what I need to do to get my memory back on track is just get more adrenaline going to the brain to always keep it on top, and sharp, instead of it being fatigued, but if that's the case, is there anyway to keep my adrenaline more sharp for the day?

Last edited by ironpony; 01-29-2019 at 09:34 PM..

Old 01-29-2019, 09:44 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
D3 and magnesium could help.

Do you have a smart watch or Beddit that measures your sleep?

Old 01-29-2019, 09:47 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times
No I don't but would a piece of technology, measure sleep exactly? The insomnia has gotten better, I just wake up from nightmares, and I might not get a full 8 hour sleep as a result but it's gotten better, since I quit the job that was causing me stress, but I still have some stress for not having a job at all now.

But how would it measure sleep and if the sleep measurements were not satisfactory, then what does that change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness