Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 05:37 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,860,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Mental illness notwithstanding, just the fact that smoking pot RUINS a man's sexual performance ought to be enough to ban it to hell for all eternity.
So your husband used that as an excuse? Trust me, the opposite is very much true.

I know from first hand experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 05:42 PM

21,674 posts, read 8,819,807 times
I don't understand why people feel the need to attack cannabis users and call us names. If you don't like it, fine. Don't use it. Opiates are by far the most serious drug scourge in this country, and I would put cigarettes a close second. Both are highly addictive, which cannabis is not. I have used cannabis on and off for over 30 years, have gone without it for long periods, and never had any problems stopping. But it took me 13 years and nine tries before I was able to kick cigarettes.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:13 PM

4,984 posts, read 2,754,611 times
I don't think smoking pot can make you crazy, but it sure can't be any good for your lungs..

Old 02-11-2019, 06:18 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,705,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I don't think smoking pot can make you crazy, but it sure can't be any good for your lungs..
Luckily, there are edibles now.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:28 PM

51,390 posts, read 37,068,788 times
Quote:
Not true? Methinks you're either settling or delusional. But then there are women who like low-intensity, endless diddle-fests so if that's the case, more power to you.
It’s simply not true, whether you believe it or not. I don’t know if you’re speaking from experience with a person in your past or something you read, but it really is not a true phenomenon.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 02-11-2019 at 06:43 PM..

Old 02-11-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I don't understand why people feel the need to attack cannabis users and call us names. If you don't like it, fine. Don't use it. Opiates are by far the most serious drug scourge in this country, and I would put cigarettes a close second. Both are highly addictive, which cannabis is not. I have used cannabis on and off for over 30 years, have gone without it for long periods, and never had any problems stopping. But it took me 13 years and nine tries before I was able to kick cigarettes.
Don’t discount alcohol quite so quickly. I work in skilled nursing home rehab, and we have at any given time several men who are there due to liver disease from drinking. Most of them are in their 60s. One of my best friends passed away from liver cancer three years ago. He was not a hard liquor drinker, he was one of those guys who came home from work and had four or five beers over the course of a night. Even worse are the lifelong alcoholics, with wet brain. They are often as impaired at 60 as a 90-year-old with late stage Alzheimer’s.

Opioids get more attention because many kids die. But in terms of numbers, many many more people die from alcohol than opioids. It’s just not instant it takes decades but they die nonetheless. Not before costing taxpayers big bucks for their treatment though.

I to find cigarettes the hardest thing to quit. I have stopped smoking pot multiple times when I was getting ready to look for a new job. I wish that I could just stop smoking cigarettes for two months and be fine with it. It is the only substance I have never been successful at controlling.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:48 PM

386 posts, read 329,171 times
The reporter of the article and original poster must work for a pharmaceutical company. The media is owned by the big pharma lobby and their marketers. The media advertising dollars come from the corrupt medical pill pushers. About 1 out of 3 commercials and many magazine ads are selling their pills.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
The reporter of the article and original poster must work for a pharmaceutical company. The media is owned by the big pharma lobby and their marketers. The media advertising dollars come from the corrupt medical pill pushers. About 1 out of 3 commercials and many magazine ads are selling their pills.
This is not a reporter, this man wrote a book about this, he is misguided but sincere. This is his mission. While big pharmaceutical is very powerful politically, they don’t make up the majority of ads. There are just as many for booze and cars and probably more for food especially fast food on. They certainly provide a lot of ad dollars, but it is not true to state they own the media. The media’s reporting on pit legalization has for the most part been supportive and liberal leaning coverage and reporting.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:52 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,848,673 times
Quote:
Mental illness notwithstanding, just the fact that smoking pot RUINS a man's sexual performance ought to be enough to ban it to hell for all eternity.
So if sperm producers shouldn't smoke it, no one else should be allowed to smoke it? hoo boy.

Clue for you - plenty of men are not interested in producing sperm. And of course, many people are simply not born to be sperm producers.

You say you are concerned about sperm, but I'd be willing to bet you still eat bacon and watch TV. https://www.yourtango.com/2013173546...is-sperm-count

Old 02-11-2019, 09:00 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,234,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It’s simply not true, whether you believe it or not. I don’t know if you’re speaking from experience with a person in your past or something you read, but it really is not a true phenomenon.
Personal observation. Perhaps I just had a monumental run of bad luck. Bad enough that I'd never risk it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness