Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 10:29 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The "goddam mainstream healthcare professionals" are the ones who discovered the problems with putting people on ventilators. That is why ventilator use is now a last ditch plan for people who are dying without one.
I always have thought advice coming from a person with zero knowledge of medicine is much better than the stuff that those goddam mainstream healthcare professionals spew out, don't you agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 03:07 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
i always have thought advice coming from a person with zero knowledge of medicine is much better than the stuff that those goddam mainstream healthcare professionals spew out, don't you agree?

Old 05-05-2020, 09:55 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
The "goddam mainstream healthcare professionals" are the ones who discovered the problems with putting people on ventilators. That is why ventilator use is now a last ditch plan for people who are dying without one.
Couldn't rep you again.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-05-2020, 02:34 PM

325 posts, read 207,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It's been covered on Medcram many times that the virus suffocates the cells of oxygen. And putting people on ventilator is the wrong treatment and our goddam mainstream healthcare professionals are killing people with their outdated prognosis.
Did you see/hear where YouTube is now removing Medcram (great medical information by an extremely qualified physician) videos because they don't approve?

Truly tragic and speaks volumes about YouTube and those who run the site. I'm just skipping YouTube and using the Medcram website.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:13 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,784,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
With so much enthusiasm on this thread, I hate to burst everyone's bubble, BUT- there are several medical/physiological inaccuracies stated in that article, something I'd expect from an ER doc whose experience includes mostly acute cases with little exposure to the pre-emergent period or follow-up period thereafter.

The author is right that once put on a ventilator for CoViD, the pt is doomed (survival rates variously reported so far from 50 -10%). He talks as if earlier treatment will avoid that problem-- the problem is, there's no direct treatment for the virus and no way to slow its course. The deterioration of the lungs depends solely on the pt's own defense mechanisms.
The article was written by a well respected doctor, may I ask what your qualifications are to make the assessment tracking your Oxygen saturation levels provides no benefit? While I agree tracking your Oxygen saturation levels provides no benefit when your not sick, other than to get a baseline to test the devices accuracy, based on the information provided in the article, careful tracking when you obviously have COVID-19 are. While it's true no proven treatment will keep you from degrading to the point you need a ventilator, Dr. Richard Levitan stated that, "They needed to do what we call positioning maneuvers. So we put them in different positions to help open up areas of their lungs." This allowed them to keep 75% of the patients studied from needing ventilators.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:49 PM

2,897 posts, read 2,145,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralUSHomeowner View Post
Did you see/hear where YouTube is now removing Medcram (great medical information by an extremely qualified physician) videos because they don't approve?

Truly tragic and speaks volumes about YouTube and those who run the site. I'm just skipping YouTube and using the Medcram website.
I was wondering about that as I watched an update last night. he alluded to it but didn't say much specific. I mean, WTH? he's got really good vids and brings things down to a level most folks can understand.

Old 05-06-2020, 02:19 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralUSHomeowner View Post

Medcram is still on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzx8LH4Fjic

Old 05-06-2020, 04:04 PM

325 posts, read 207,891 times
Quote:

Medcram is still on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzx8LH4Fjic
I know Medcram is still available on YouTube, but YouTube has PULLED the ones they don't approve of. To see all the videos on COVID-19 you will have to go to Medcram's website to see the pulled videos.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I always have thought advice coming from a person with zero knowledge of medicine is much better than the stuff that those goddam mainstream healthcare professionals spew out, don't you agree?
I do, yes!

Old 05-07-2020, 02:00 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
Any word yet? I ordered from them and got a robo "order placed" email. Then, sometime later I emailed to ask about delivery and they didn't respond. I got one elsewhere, but nevertheless was going to leave the order open, but because I waited a week and never got a response to my email inquiry, I've emailed again to cancel the order. Again, no response. <---at them, not you.

Did you get yours? Or any communication besides the robo receipt?
Sorry I missed this, we got an email a few days ago that ours has been shipped, I would expect that you will get one soon if not by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness