Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 11:25 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Itching kept me up for close to 3 hours yesterday!

The weird thing is, I itch a little bit during the day in these spots, (legs, top part of feet, arms, behind the knees...and front of knees NOW!), but in the hours leading up to bedtime, Im not that itchy...

But when I lay down in bed...give it about 30 minutes and I start to get itchy and from there it gets BAD for a couple hours and then dies down for the most part.

Its a very weird itchiness too...example, it usually starts with the top of my feet, I start feeling 'itchy' and I scratch....as soon as ive satisfied that itch, another part of body will immediately need to be itched, this will go on an on! Plus, its not like itching my feet once is good enough...they will start being itchy again after about 10-15 minutes from scratching them.

I thought it may be the laundry soap, but Ive been using fragrance free for awhile and have tried numerous brands of soap, nothing really helped.

I then thought maybe I was itching from getting too warm under the covers, so I stopped using a blanket...nope, still the same.

I do not have bed bugs either, we checked for that and do check periodically to make sure they are not the cause.

I have to get this under control, Im only getting 3-4 hours sleep a night and its been tough.
Not sure why you haven't asked your doctor these same questions?
Your itchiness is far beyond a mild topical irritation. It's severe.

Kidney failure itchy skin. Google: organ failure and itching

When the kidneys fail, the build-up of waste in your blood can cause severe itching. Patients also accumulate excessive phosphorus which contributes to itching. Uremic frost is a description for crystallized urea deposits that can be found on the skin of those affected by advanced kidney failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 12:12 AM

1,147 posts, read 861,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Not sure why you haven't asked your doctor these same questions?
Your itchiness is far beyond a mild topical irritation. It's severe.

Kidney failure itchy skin. Google: organ failure and itching

When the kidneys fail, the build-up of waste in your blood can cause severe itching. Patients also accumulate excessive phosphorus which contributes to itching. Uremic frost is a description for crystallized urea deposits that can be found on the skin of those affected by advanced kidney failure.
"I have blood tests and other labs every month, (a requirement at the addiction doctor I see), They tell me all my labs are normal. I have a physical every year, its coming up in August."

According to the OP.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:06 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Since OP has had numerous tests and all came back normal, I wonder if it can be mites. The burrowing under the skin can cause intense itching, and is common in the areas OP is experiencing it. Sulfur ointment applied at bedtime over the period of a few days will usually put an end to them. It's easily found in the Hispanic section of the health & beauty aid dept in any major supermarket.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Since OP has had numerous tests and all came back normal, I wonder if it can be mites. The burrowing under the skin can cause intense itching, and is common in the areas OP is experiencing it. Sulfur ointment applied at bedtime over the period of a few days will usually put an end to them. It's easily found in the Hispanic section of the health & beauty aid dept in any major supermarket.
I will give that Sulfur oil a try.

**To the above, yes, I have frequent labs and blood work done at my addiction doctor, they always tell me its normal.

Im also curious about the Folliculitis, sometimes it does feel like the tiny hairs on my skin are responsible, they feel very sensitive.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:56 AM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Possibly scabies, they are very hard to spot and night-time itching is very common.

Old 05-04-2021, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
My guess is that it is underlying anxiety. I also believe that itching leads to more itching. Try to go a day without scratching and instead rub the the itch. You may never find out what the cause is, and hopefully one day it will just go away.
I used to think it was 'psychological' itching, (sort of like a complex), but I dont think it is now, for instance, with the tops of my feet, the itching would come and go, switch feet and occasionally neither foot would itch.

If it were mental, I would think the itching would be constant and never go away.

I will say though, ive worn socks to bed the past few nights and for some crazy reason, this has stopped my feet from itching.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:53 PM

250 posts, read 148,157 times
Itchy skin is listed under stage 1 of pancreatic cancer

Old 05-05-2021, 07:12 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
I live in KY, this problem bothers me during winter and summer both, Ive tried every antihistamine mentioned in these threads, I had great luck at first with the anti histamine in Alka Seltzer cold, but it stopped working shortly after.

I do not drink any alcohol, havent had any in many years now. no bed bugs (I check regularly)

I should also mention, that in many of these areas on my body, I have sores in various stages of healing pretty much all the time...when the itching is really bad, I itch til it bleeds (and then some), but usually once it starts bleeding, the itch will stop.

The tops of my feet have many little scars, from past itching sores...one foot will itch bad for awhile, then stop and other one will start itching, sometimes I go a few weeks between and neither itch, but it always comes back eventually.

My sister told me that my grandpa used to have itching problems on his legs...apparently he used to wipe diesel fuel on his legs periodically, Im not sure if that ever helped or not, my sister didnt know either. I have tried straight bleach before with mixed results, (it helped sometimes, but not all the time)
My nephew gets severe psoriasis in the winter with the dryness. He gets several prescription creams to treat it. He had to go to several skin doctors since some seemed more knowledgeable about specific parts of the body.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
My nephew gets severe psoriasis in the winter with the dryness. He gets several prescription creams to treat it. He had to go to several skin doctors since some seemed more knowledgeable about specific parts of the body.
I will say this...the skin on my legs/feet is so dry, I can scratch my name onto my skin and it can be seen for quite awhile!

But its ALWAYS dry like this, winter and summer both.

Old 05-09-2021, 11:53 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,437,930 times
Quote:
I will say this...the skin on my legs/feet is so dry, I can scratch my name onto my skin and it can be seen for quite awhile!

But its ALWAYS dry like this, winter and summer both.

I haven't been here for awhile, but I saw your post.

I live in a damp climate now, but spent most of my life in a very dry climate.

The first 2 years after I moved, I had no more allergies & no more dry, itchy skin. After 2 years living here, I once again had allergies & dry itchy skin. I have been told by a dermatologist that I have mild eczema. I use almond oil as moisturizer when my skin is super-dry. I also use OTC eczema relief lotion, Cetaphil body wash, no drying soap, & Benadryl & Zyrtec antihistamines.

I have been itching like crazy for the past 2 weeks & I believe it's because spring finally arrived & everything is shedding pollen.

I feel your pain, believe me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness