Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:41 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,985,263 times

Advertisements

What part was her opinion? She used real statistics from US government sources.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:00 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,495,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
What part was her opinion? She used real statistics from US government sources.
Her data is ok, is the conclusion she is getting to that is her opinion.
When she say at the beginning "Well maybe it wasn't the vaccine"
Well this is an opinion, she is using real data that not necessarily support her conclusion, but is not scientific findings.
If polio like she said was so prevalent in the 40 and 50s why we dont have it anymore? If it was so prevalent why our children don't get it anymore?

Old 04-25-2009, 07:16 AM

Did you listen to all four parts? She explained how the statistics were skewed, how the rate of polio was actually going down BEFORE the oral polio vaccine pushed it up, and how the dramatic decrease in the number of people diagnosed with polio was attributed to the change in definition of what polio actually was.

Before vaccine: Polio was diagnosed after a person had symtpoms for more than 48 hours.
After vaccine: Polio was diagnosed after a month of symptoms.

The vast majority of polio cases resolved on their own without treatment before a month's time was up. So most polio was no longer being recognized as such.

As for today, who knows? Vaccination prevented some. It was already declining naturally before vaccination efforts started. Hygiene and sanitation has improved remarkably since that time. Some polio may have been diagnosed in somewhat recent times as viral meningitis.

I'm not anti-vaccine, by the way. I'm anti-informed-consent. So many people think that they have no choice but to have their babies shot up with vaccines for up to 9 illnesses at a time, and so many doctors assure parents that there is no danger whatsoever. Also people are under the impression that if you come into contact with an illness such as measles, chickenpox, or even polio, that you are given a death sentence. All of those things are lies.

If someone does their own research and wants to vaccinate themselves or their children, then all the power to them! But evidence of harm does exist, and it's a travesty that the very people who are supposed to PROTECT the public, doctors and the CDC, are in denial. The information is out there... why is it so hard to find, and why is it immediately refuted by medical professionals as "opinion" or "quackery" when much of it is true? That sort of reaction makes it very hard to weed out what is truth and what is actual quackery.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Did you listen to all four parts? She explained how the statistics were skewed, how the rate of polio was actually going down BEFORE the oral polio vaccine pushed it up, and how the dramatic decrease in the number of people diagnosed with polio was attributed to the change in definition of what polio actually was.

Before vaccine: Polio was diagnosed after a person had symtpoms for more than 48 hours.
After vaccine: Polio was diagnosed after a month of symptoms.

The vast majority of polio cases resolved on their own without treatment before a month's time was up. So most polio was no longer being recognized as such.

As for today, who knows? Vaccination prevented some. It was already declining naturally before vaccination efforts started. Hygiene and sanitation has improved remarkably since that time. Some polio may have been diagnosed in somewhat recent times as viral meningitis.

I'm not anti-vaccine, by the way. I'm anti-informed-consent. So many people think that they have no choice but to have their babies shot up with vaccines for up to 9 illnesses at a time, and so many doctors assure parents that there is no danger whatsoever. Also people are under the impression that if you come into contact with an illness such as measles, chickenpox, or even polio, that you are given a death sentence. All of those things are lies.

If someone does their own research and wants to vaccinate themselves or their children, then all the power to them! But evidence of harm does exist, and it's a travesty that the very people who are supposed to PROTECT the public, doctors and the CDC, are in denial. The information is out there... why is it so hard to find, and why is it immediately refuted by medical professionals as "opinion" or "quackery" when much of it is true? That sort of reaction makes it very hard to weed out what is truth and what is actual quackery.
Yes, and still is her opinion.
I can look up statistics and give my professional opinion, but that is no real evidence unless you do an actual research.
I understand your concern the problem that the CDC and the government has is that only mass vaccination works and not individual vaccination.
Meaning that if everybody is vaccinated then it works, but in only (example) 30% of the population is vaccinated then it doesn't work. Usually vaccines needs about 80 to 90% of the population to be vaccinates to work the way it should.
That is the main reason that the CDC wants everybody to be vaccinated.
And is not for profit, CDC doesn't make more money.
Now that aside, there is plenty and I really mean plenty of real data, that say that vaccines really works.
In my opinion, I think the government should require everybody to be vaccinated, until there is a real study that say that XYZ vaccine is dangerous. There is a lot of opinions about vaccines but no one has yet to prove it.
The biggest one is about Autism and vaccines, while mercury is was used in vaccine before, today almost none of them have it (and the amount was extremely small), but still this has not been proven scientifically.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:15 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Quote:
Here is some info on the polio vaccine. I recommend watching all four parts; this link is just the first part:

YouTube - Dr. Sherri Tenpenny on Polio - 1 of 4

For those concerned, Sherri Tenpenny IS a doctor. She is a DO, and she worked for years as an emergency room physician. She used to give out tetanus vaccines like candy, like most ER docs. Then she started doing some research.

My husband and I were just wondering last night if this "swine flu" was for real, or if the pharma companies are losing money and unfortunately for them, it's not "flu shot" season.....

She is a quack....

Store (http://drtenpenny.com/store_a.aspx - broken link)

Yep, most reputable physicians I KNOW have a STORE attached to their website....she is a shill, plain and simple

Answer me this....

Why, if the falsehoods regarding vaccines you hold so dear are true, WHY AREN'T THERE HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF RESEARCHERS AND MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS FOLLOWING SUIT???(ones who don't try to sell their products on the web for instance)

Why is it that the anti-VAX crowd march out the same old tired quasi-resources like Tenpenny?? Why are there LITERALLY only a handful of medical professionals (usually looking to make a buck from the gullible) out there singing your song?

Why is it that there is no scholarly research to back your position?

But yeah, "Big Pharma" (ooh scary boogeyman) "made up the swine flu outbreak" Give me a break.... People are dead and the "boogeyman" doesn't make money on vaccines...

Do some REAL research, and not just on anti-VAX propaganda sites like Tenpenny's...

Old 04-25-2009, 08:19 AM

So what you are saying, then, is that all people need to be vaccinated with every vaccine out there, until the FDA decides that "enough" harm has taken place to recall bad vaccines and medications. People cannot possibly be made aware of possible problems and trusted to make their own decisions about their own and their children's health. Okay then.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
So what you are saying, then, is that all people need to be vaccinated with every vaccine out there, until the FDA decides that "enough" harm has taken place to recall bad vaccines and medications. People cannot possibly be made aware of possible problems and trusted to make their own decisions about their own and their children's health. Okay then.
The problem is that there is no harm or at least there is no evidence of harm. When ur child health can complicate others then is a society problem and not an individual problem.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Yep, most reputable physicians I KNOW have a STORE attached to their website
\

Do most reputable physicians not charge for their services? I didn't realize that.... all of the doctors that I have seen charge patients for their services and for the products that they use.

Quote:
WHY AREN'T THERE HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF RESEARCHERS AND MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS FOLLOWING SUIT???(
Um, there are. Did you think that Dr. Tenpenny and a few chiropractors were the only medical professionals against routine mandated vaccinations? This is not a "new thing." Vaccine controversy has existed since vaccination started.

The bottom line is that it's up to people to be aware of the issues. It does not do anybody any good for medical professionals to stick their fingers in their ears and sing "la la la, I can't hear you, vaccines are 100% safe, there's no possibility that they cause harm, la la la." I do'nt feel strongly that vaccines are a bad thing. There are dangers, though, and parents need to be aware, especially when it comes to new vaccines. Statistics have been skewed in the past, and people need to know that too.

I hope that this swine flu is not going to become a pandemic, of course, but I also hope that people are not going to start panicking over nothing. The media AND pharmaceutical companies are VERY good at inciting panic when there is a new drug or vaccine on the market. (Menacta campaign, anyone?) To deny this would be very naive.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:42 AM

Most doctor work for hospitals, and most doctors have a service business and not a retail business. You know I haven't heard doctors going on street because of vaccines. So where is ur large group of doctor and please chiropractor?

Old 04-25-2009, 09:39 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,931 times
Quote:
\

Do most reputable physicians not charge for their services? I didn't realize that.... all of the doctors that I have seen charge patients for their services and for the products that they use.

Um, there are. Did you think that Dr. Tenpenny and a few chiropractors were the only medical professionals against routine mandated vaccinations? This is not a "new thing." Vaccine controversy has existed since vaccination started.

The bottom line is that it's up to people to be aware of the issues. It does not do anybody any good for medical professionals to stick their fingers in their ears and sing "la la la, I can't hear you, vaccines are 100% safe, there's no possibility that they cause harm, la la la." I do'nt feel strongly that vaccines are a bad thing. There are dangers, though, and parents need to be aware, especially when it comes to new vaccines. Statistics have been skewed in the past, and people need to know that too.

I hope that this swine flu is not going to become a pandemic, of course, but I also hope that people are not going to start panicking over nothing. The media AND pharmaceutical companies are VERY good at inciting panic when there is a new drug or vaccine on the market. (Menacta campaign, anyone?) To deny this would be very naive.

Wasn't it you who told me it was no use?

They've "got them." That is what they do best. It is way too hard and time consuming to try and convince these people otherwise. It is not their faults. These companies have very convincing methods. .

Good luck to everyone, and please remember that in the past when a vaccine was introduced for a pandemic, the VACCINE killed MORE than the disease!!!!! THAT is why the numbers are so high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness